[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Line-up (Week 9 Byes are killing me)

Matt07chs

Current Team in line-up.

I cannot start anyone on my bench, 4 are on byes and 1 is injured.

Here are some notable players on the waiver wire, should I pick up any of these instead in replace of any of my current starters?

Waiver Wire:

- QBs: Tannehill, Alex Smith

- WRs: Cecil Shorts, Malcolm Floyd, David Bowe, K. Britt,

- RBs: Carlos Hyde

Edited by Matt07chs
  • Like 1

Hmmm... That changes things. Still, John Brown is the number three in that passing game. Dwayne Bowe vs NYJ is my pick for a bye fill-in from that group, but don't expect a TD. Of Alex Smith's nine TDs this year, ZERO went to WRs. It's pretty much a coin toss: if you need a miracle 12+ pt performance go with Brown; if you need 6-8 to stay competitive this week, Bowe.

Malcom Floyd isn't a bad option instead of Brown. He's the Chargers deep threat and has been consistent so far this season. I'm not a fan of Bowe because of Alex Smith. He loves throwing to TEs and RBs. Bowe is talented, but will not be fantasy relevant until he gets a better downfield passer.

John Brown is boom or bust but he's caught more passes than Michael Floyd and has more TD's if I like the risk and reward of one of 70 Palmer long passes with that speed I'd go that route, Malcom Floyd is a safer play and could get a TD as well but the Miami pass def is pretty solid and has only allowed 200 passing yards twice this year and one multiple TD game (vs Rodgers).

I've picked up John Brown and am playing him as a WR3 bye week filler for the upside. What convinced me was the 75 yard TD that Fitz had last week. If you watch the replay, Brown outran the 2 defenders chasing Fitz (from behind, no angle taken) and caught up to Fitz before he crossed the 10 yard line.

Pure Speed + Carson Palmer = Good things.