[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP

Zeus69

I don't think Nike overly cares about public perception.. remember that guy named Tiger Woods.. Exactly Nike is GLOBAL. The US is a small fraction of their market and within this market, only a fraction knows and cares about Football. Within that fraction, the over all perception on the AP issue is kind of split so I don't see Nike giving a damn whether Goodell reinstates AP or not.

http://www.foxsports...lea-deal-110514

This just gives me the impression the league office enjoys holding this over players' heads instead of being forthright and transparent.

Peterson's camp, which included the NFL Players Association, his agent Ben Dogra and his lawyer Rusty Hardin, kept the NFL informed of the progress of plea-deal discussions to let Roger Goodell and other league executives know an agreement was imminent, the sources said. Short of immediate reinstatement, Peterson's camp hoped to at least come to an understanding on what the
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings-team' rel="external nofollow">
running back would need to do in order to be return to the field and how quickly that could occur.

The sources said the NFL executives made it clear a decision on Peterson's status would be forthcoming, and the league would inform Peterson at that point.

http://www.foxsports...lea-deal-110514

This just gives me the impression the league office enjoys holding this over players' heads instead of being forthright and transparent.

If they were smart, they would have had a decision ready as soon as the plea was entered. If they did, the news would have looked like this:

•Peterson plans to plea blah blah blah on his court date tomorrow

•Peterson pleas no contest to blah blah blah. The league still considers him to have been guilty of domestic violence and suspends him 6 games as per policy. His 7 missed games will count toward this time but he will be fined his salary during 6 of them.

• NEWS OVER

Instead they're going to drag this out and get so much publicity that they don't want. I've already read so much more about this than I ever wanted to. And they're just giving people time to get their pitchforks polished and their torches lit.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos
  • Like 1

Football talk only:

What does 10 weeks off mean for a player like AP? I haven't seen any word on what kind of conditioning he's been doing during his suspension. He's 29, right? Can he come back and be AP immediately? Is there a week or 3 learning curve to hit full stride?

Football talk only:

What does 10 weeks off mean for a player like AP? I haven't seen any word on what kind of conditioning he's been doing during his suspension. He's 29, right? Can he come back and be AP immediately? Is there a week or 3 learning curve to hit full stride?

Learning curve, no...he already knows Norv's system from offseason/camp and generally its not overly complex for a RB anyways. As for physical shape, that just depends on what he's been doing. I would guess he's been pretty self motivated to stay in shape, he's comes off like he feels he has something to prove IMO.

Edited by Def.

Football talk only:

I understand your point, however my first questions was "do you think a guy who blew out his knee and came back (arguably) in better condition will not be ready whenever he comes back this year?" I know there's "football" rust, but I have a real difficult time believing he won't be ready when he comes back, both physically and mentally.

I understand your point, however my first questions was "do you think a guy who blew out his knee and came back (arguably) in better condition will not be ready whenever he comes back this year?" I know there's "football" rust, but I have a real difficult time believing he won't be ready when he comes back, both physically and mentally.

Oh I'm not trying to temper any expectations on AP, they were honest questions. I don't know what 10 weeks off does to that level of physicality; obviously he's an extremely successful veteran, so I don't think he'd be coming back "soft". I just wonder is he talented enough to immediately be AP, or does his age and time off require a bit of time to get up to full speed? Also, looking further down the road, is AP still matchup proof? His fantasy playoff games are @Detroit and @Miami; some pretty good defenses.

To that end, I've picked him up in 2 leagues where I'm top 3 and sitting pretty for making playoffs. It's the couple leagues where I'm middle of the pack that brings out these questions; teams where immediate production is a tad more valuable than potential.

dont see him returning til probably week 13 or 14 if he does

I would not put it past his attorneys to make a scene publicly, calling out the NFL on how their "due process" is slow, they're dragging their feet, etc. Now, that may seem counterproductive, but I'm not so sure. Not only is the Rice situation different, Rice is not the "star power" AP is. Rice beat his wife. AP went too far in his discipline. I see this getting hashed out during this bye week.

But I have been wrong before! :doh:

Oh I'm not trying to temper any expectations on AP, they were honest questions. I don't know what 10 weeks off does to that level of physicality; obviously he's an extremely successful veteran, so I don't think he'd be coming back "soft". I just wonder is he talented enough to immediately be AP, or does his age and time off require a bit of time to get up to full speed? Also, looking further down the road, is AP still matchup proof? His fantasy playoff games are @Detroit and @Miami; some pretty good defenses.

To that end, I've picked him up in 2 leagues where I'm top 3 and sitting pretty for making playoffs. It's the couple leagues where I'm middle of the pack that brings out these questions; teams where immediate production is a tad more valuable than potential.

100% understand, and very legit questions IMO. I guess where I'm coming from is, he is AP. Arguably the best RB in the game the past several years, and arguably one of the best at any position the past few years. And until he hints/shows us that he is no longer "that" AP, then I'll have the concerns you do. Otherwise, personally, I give him every benefit of the doubt on his return.

One last question:

Is there any historical precedence for AP production in a dome vs outside? His home games are outside this year (I don't remember if last year was the same situation or not)