[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP

Zeus69

Read he is trying to strike a plea. Any remote chance he's back on field this year? I dropped him from my roster several weeks ago, once his December 1st trial date was set.

Link below (sorry, can't hyperlink on my mobile device)

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11808596&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.bleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2196912-report-adrian-peterson-indicted-for-negligent-injury-to-a-child%3Ftsm%3D1%22%7D

Remember, we are a very forgiving society. Ray Rice is a different ball of wax. Not even remotely similar. Depending on where you were raised, some claim he did nothing wrong. A heart felt apology with his son by his side and all is forgiven. I would love to have him for the playoffs.... :brow:

Thank God he's already on somebody else's roster so I don't waste my time adding him. I still think he doesn't play, and don't agree with others that this is totally different from the Rice situation.

I wouldn't be shocked to see this drag out like the Josh Gordon suspension earlier this year...

• Like 1

Thank God he's already on somebody else's roster so I don't waste my time adding him. I still think he doesn't play, and don't agree with others that this is totally different from the Rice situation.

Well if you are from a different planet I can see how you might see this as similar. Rice punched his fiancé and knocked her out cold, dragged her body out of an elevator then lied about it. AP diciinss his child in a manner that, based on whatever demographic you choose to put in place. Is perfectly acceptable.

his return is immanent and I see no signs from the vikings that they aren't going to welcome him back. Fans want him back, team mates want him back and Zimmer appears from his comments that he would welcome him back. The vikings are in the hunt for the playoffs. This is happening

• Like 1

My guess is next game. On their bye this week that gives Goodell 2 weeks to review. I think the AP camp will be on goodells ass ensuring there is no dicking around and an unreasonable delay.

I hope you are correct. IMHO, when he comes back, he could be that difference maker. Fresh legs, no bumps and bruises of the past 8 weeks or so, and a surly attitude about this ordeal... he could be Josh Gordon from late last year and put up HUGH numbers.

Hoping so as well! Just saw I got him off waivers and the owner who dropped him is ultra competitive and basically my only competition in the 10 teamer I'm in. Would absolutely LOVE for him to come back after the bye and light it up for my team. Either way it's a gamble worth taking and the added incentive is the text I'll get later today from him ... Should be good :D

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/10582/vikings-offense-has-changed-in-adrian-petersons-absence

Some insight on what the Vikings could be looking at with AP if he's re-instated this year. And after reading this, I'm almost left asking - could AP just be straight-up released by the Vikings? Not because of any fallout from reinstating him, but, as the article mentions, they've had to learn to move on without him this year, and he may very well not be back next year.

SPONSORSHIP? DId you all forget the firestorm it caused? I think "God"ell drags it out to week12 and suspends him for 6 (per policy) games and ends his season? Sponsorship will determine the conditions of AP's return $$$$. The NFL/"God"ell aren't just reviewing the case, they for sure are reaching out to their sponsors and feeling out the climate? Nike and Anheuser-Bush are global industries and are very concerned about public opinion not rushing yards and records. Also don't forget he admitted to smoking a little Josh Gordon? Hopefully thats below the new threshold? Just saying for those reasons, I think 2014 is over.

http://espn.go.com/b...tersons-absence

Some insight on what the Vikings could be looking at with AP if he's re-instated this year. And after reading this, I'm almost left asking - could AP just be straight-up released by the Vikings? Not because of any fallout from reinstating him, but, as the article mentions, they've had to learn to move on without him this year, and he may very well not be back next year.

I don't know... It seems fairly obvious to me that the writer of that article is grasping for reasons as to why the Vikings should move on. I almost get the sense that he's trying to say "why screw up something that is working so well," which is honestly pretty ridiculous. The fact is that they have been borderline terrible on offense, for the most part, doing just enough to (barely) beat a couple of bad teams in back-to-back weeks. They could very easily be 2-7 instead of 4-5, and the reality is that their defense has almost single-handedly kept them in every game (with exception to the embarassment at Lambeau). They have been competitive DESPITE the offense, not because of it.

The part about shotgun versus under center is not as big of a deal as he is making it out to be... Those changes were going to take place (for the most part) as a result of Turner taking over, not because Peterson has been out (the author even alludes to that, when he mentions Peterson practicing more in shotgun this pre-season). Realistically, if he were to play again this year, either he would get even more comfortable in shotgun, or Teddy would get more comfortable taking snaps under center. They can both certainly co-exist, and it's insane to infer that Teddy and the Vikings are better off with McKinnon (who's still a ways away from being someone that they can count on as an every-down back), and Asiata (who might be a nice lite version of Mike Alstott, but certainly not someone that you want to see get 20-25 touches), than they are with the guy who is arguably the best RB of the past decade (or more).

My guess is that, if he is cleared to play, and the Vikings have any shot at the playoffs, he'll play. Even if they don't, he'll play if he can. Personally, I'd rather see him not play, if for no other reason than I'd like to see them get a higher draft pick, but that would never happen (him sitting because of their record or spot in the standings). They're not going anywhere this year (in terms of post-season), even if by a miracle they happened to turn this season around (and sneak in somehow). Might as well start planning for next year, and the higher the draft picks, the better. But, the Vikings won't look at it that way, until there is zero chance they can make the playoffs. Basically, NFL teams don't tank (at least 99% of the time), so if he can play (and it gives them a better chance of winning, which it most certainly would), he will.

SPONSORSHIP? DId you all forget the firestorm it caused? I think "God"ell drags it out to week12 and suspends him for 6 (per policy) games and ends his season? Sponsorship will determine the conditions of AP's return $$$$. The NFL/"God"ell aren't just reviewing the case, they for sure are reaching out to their sponsors and feeling out the climate? Nike and Anheuser-Bush are global industries and are very concerned about public opinion not rushing yards and records. Also don't forget he admitted to smoking a little Josh Gordon? Hopefully thats below the new threshold? Just saying for those reasons, I think 2014 is over.

The key is public opinion, which drives what the sponsors say is important to them, which in turn has some impact on what Goodell decides to do. And public perception has changed greatly in the last six weeks. In September, most people were outraged. Some still are, but in large part, we are a very forgiving (and forgetful) society, and the "climate" has changed significantly. Maybe not enough (yet), but it's changing each and every week. The further we get away from September, the more people will forget, or not really care that much (because it's not the hot topic of the week).