[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FA RBs that have bounced on & off your roster this season

rajncajn

This has got to be one of the worst years, not only for injuries/suspensions for starters at RB, but also for trying to pinpoint what RBs will prove to be worthwhile FA pickups. Below is the list of RBs that I have filtered on & off my roster at some point this season with the players in bold still being free agents since I dumped them (Mason & Ball are on my roster at the moment):

Lorenzo Taliaferro

Isaiah Crowell

Bishop Sankey

Montee Ball

Tre Mason

Anthony Dixon

Bryce Brown

Jonas Gray

Matt Asiata

Khiry Robinson

Jerick McKinnon

Devonta Freeman

Additional Free agents that are on my watch list:

Branden Oliver

Antone Smith

Zac Stacy

Theo Riddick

Edited by rajncajn

And here are the current top ten rankings in one of my leagues. (Basic scoring, no PPR)

Murray

Foster

Forte

Bell

Lynch

Bradshaw

Ellington

Morris

Forsett

Miller

Certainly Forsett, Miller and Bradshaw are surprises. As well as no Charles or McCoy. Tough year for RB's.

Taliaferro and Ingram dropped and picked up

Toby Gerhart dropped picked up dropped

I also dropped these players who have been picked up which is fine with me since I consider them dead weight on a roster

Carlos Hyde

Devonta Freeman

Bishop Sankey

Yeah, I've gone through too many RB's to list, in a few leagues. Most of the ones mentioned above, and more. In one league (this league has very deep rosters), I currently own:

Ball, Montee DEN RB

Cadet, Travaris NOS RB

Gray, Jonas NEP RB

Johnson, Chris NYJ RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Mason, Tre STL RB

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

Michael, Christine SEA RB

Oliver, Branden SDC RB

Sims, Charles TBB RB

And, in that same league, I've owned (and since dropped) Stepfan Taylor, James White, Darrin Reaves, Damien Williams, and Jonathan Grimes. That's in one league. :lol:

Sadly, my list of WR's in that league isn't much better... I currently have Boldin, Decker, VJax, Sanu, Woods, Gabriel, and Royal, and have burned through Murphy, Tyms, Streater, Kerley, Holmes, Tate, and Kearse. :wacko:

Needless to say, thank god there are no fees for waivers acquisitions in this league. I have no idea how, but I'm somehow 6-3. My top scorer was Poz (now on IR), and is now Ryan Tannehill. If ever there was a season where I've stayed competitive through the waiver wire, this one is it.

My teams seem to have a lot of the likes of Pierre/Robinson/Cadet, Riddick, Freeman/A. Smith, McKinnon/Asiata, Mason/Cunningham, Rainey/Sims, Ivory/Johnson, FJax, Bradshaw, McFadden, Blount (mostly in leagues where I own Bell, but have no legit RB2), etc. I'm sure I missed a few.

My teams seem to have a lot of the likes of Pierre/Robinson/Cadet, Riddick, Freeman/A. Smith, McKinnon/Asiata, Mason/Cunningham, Rainey/Sims, Ivory/Johnson, FJax, Bradshaw, McFadden, Blount (mostly in leagues where I own Bell, but have no legit RB2), etc. I'm sure I missed a few.

My issue isn't having the RB2 or even the RB1, it's keeping them on the field. My "starters" are Gio Bernard, Rashad Jennings & Lamar Smith. It looks like I'll at least have Smith this week, but with a bum shoulder & playing against Detroit? :bash: Jennings could possibly be back this week as well, but no way do I put him in the first week back in Seattle.

Ingram and Forsett should definitely be owned, please tell me you held on to them.

Ingram went undrafted in my 12 team league after I drafted K. Robinson late, then I had to drop Ray Rice after week 1 so Ingram was an early season pick up for me. Maybe not somebody who bounced on and off but he was a FA who I bounced on and off the IR lol.

As for Forsett I picked him up after dropping K. Robinson eventually to also try to replace my loss of Ray Rice early, but I ultimately dropped him after I began chasing points in the Browns backfield early on. I probably should have held on to Forsett since the guy who picked him up after I dropped him hasn't dropped him since.

So these two probably weren't what this topic was about but I did get them in free agency lol.

My issue isn't having the RB2 or even the RB1, it's keeping them on the field. My "starters" are Gio Bernard, Rashad Jennings & Lamar Smith. It looks like I'll at least have Smith this week, but with a bum shoulder & playing against Detroit? :bash: Jennings could possibly be back this week as well, but no way do I put him in the first week back in Seattle.

I should have clarified... That's pretty much my issue as well. I have Bell in a few leagues (obviously my RB1), but no RB2 to speak of BECAUSE I drafted FJax or Jennings as my RB2 in those leagues. There are a couple where I just drafted the wrong guy (Ball or Gerhart), but it's injuries, in large part, that has put me in this quandry. I like to call it Waiver Wire Running Back Roulette.

Oh, and I forgot Jonathan Dwyer... Picked him up in a few leagues (seems like several months ago). :lol: