[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lynch sits out Practice

Scorcher

Per rotoworld Lynch missed practice with a calf injury; don't know if it is because they are tired of listing his back as the issue. Just in case it develops into something more who would be the back to have Turbin or Michael?

Edited by Scorcher

If he were to go out, Turbin would get the lion's share of the carries. All the talk of Michael being the back of the future has simmered quite a bit, and the rumor is that he still can't grasp the playbook and hasn't taken the learning process seriously. Also, Turbin has played pretty well, especially in the 3rd down role. He'll get the chance to see what he can do, if Lynch were to miss a game.

Turbin played FB in an emergency situation, but a full-time fullback has since been signed, and Turbin is no-longer in that role.

If he were to go out, Turbin would get the lion's share of the carries. All the talk of Michael being the back of the future has simmered quite a bit, and the rumor is that he still can't grasp the playbook and hasn't taken the learning process seriously. Also, Turbin has played pretty well, especially in the 3rd down role. He'll get the chance to see what he can do, if Lynch were to miss a game.

Turbin played FB in an emergency situation, but a full-time fullback has since been signed, and Turbin is no-longer in that role.

Yeah I bought that Micheal talk before the season and drafted him deep, quickly noticed he did very little, often less than Turbin and dumped him. Didn't Turbin fill in a few games in the last year or two and put up good numbers? Hmm, only one I could find was 2012 week 13 in a blowout win over the Cards he had 20 carries for 100+ yards. Guess I just recall him spelling Lynch a few times and looking good.

I don't have the benefit of the local chatter... and who knows what kind of smokescreening is coming out of local print/radio.

That said, Turbin had 5 carries, 35 yards and a catch for 14 yards last week, but only 2 for 10 with 3 catches the week prior.

Michael got 4 carries each in Weeks and and 9.

I think it's still a mystery. Who knows.

They want Michael to be that guy, but so far a few things are holding him back. They're concerned with ball security and blocking. In Turbin they have a guy without those concerns who also runs a little more physically, akin to Lynch. But Michael's just got some nasty moves and breakaway ability that Turbin doesn't so they're hoping he learns the rest and takes that job.

Interestingly, there is a lot of local talk in the sports media as to whether the Seahawks should keep Lynch for next year, as he doesn't exactly look like a running back falling off the age 27 cliff. The majority opinion is yes, they'd love to see him back. I think he's gone however. He'd have to be released and resigned for less and methinks he's set on playing for Oakland next year. Did you see how he patted all the Oakland players on the helmet or back as he got back up after they tackled him? And he won't take another pay cut he continues to produce the rest of this season. He's still pissed about the salary thing from this season.

Seahawks have to many other areas of need next offseason and they have 2 young backs they can look to and cheap. Russel Wilson in 2 years will also need a contract and that will be at least 15mil a year. They're going to have to cut back to sign him.

Raiders will let McFadden go finally and I belive Mjd is only there for year guarented. I could easily see the raiders over paying for lynchs services

Didn't know that, still not a good reason to leave a SB winng and playoff contending team for one of the dumpster franchises of the NFL. But if he wants money and SEA isn't paying, and he's pissed at them, guess it could happen.

Lynch just wants a "little more gratitude" which he would surely get if Oakland was lucky enough to get him.