[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stretch Run RB Stashing

MTSuper7

As teams get eliminated from playoff contention, are there any guys you think might get a long look to close out the season? I had a short list in my mind of guys that might be worth holding onto for the last 5-6 weeks of the NFL season. That list is:

Latavius Murray

Bryce Brown

Charles Sims (already talked about in fantasy circles and not as available)

Devonta Freeman (remember the hype?)

Any other ideas of who might be lurking out there that could see some significant playing time in irrelevant games?

Bishop Sankey's name has been floating around since the pre-season but has yet to really pan out. Once the rookie QB settles in a little bit, I think Sankey may start having more value, especially in PPR formats. The schedule - minus one game against NYJ - is pretty favorable.

You hinted at Devonta Freeman. I think he'll see some more action in the coming weeks.

Tre Mason's already getting reps but I can see him getting some more valuable work.

Maybe a guy like Roy Helu. I don't think the coaching staff particularly likes Morris.

If the Bears lose 2-3 of their next games, I could see them mixing in Ka'Deem Carey a bit just to see what they have there.

I would love to see the Raiders give Murray a chance have him in a dynasty.

Murray and Sims are the only ones I see getting much meaningful playing time...poor DMac is trying, but just can't. Sims has Rainey as a roadblock for now, and I hope that world to the latter's favor for this week at least (since I have Rainey as a one week fill-in). Brown would probably get more looks if the Bills were out of it, but with a sniff at wild card FJax will be BMOC when he returns. Sankey? It's not like he's been bad or good, he's just there; and really, screw Whisenface!

If the Bears lose 2-3 of their next games, I could see them mixing in Ka'Deem Carey a bit just to see what they have there.

Alfred Blue is my punt alongside Sims.

Foster sounds like he'll be back after the bye but if the Texans season is over then they will limit his carries and thats where Blue could prosper.

I hate both of you

• Like 1

I don't think it's necessarily that Gruden has a dislike of Morris, but rather his success is tied to RGIII's ability to stay healthy and remain a legitimate threat to execute the read option. Morris is clearly entrenched as the early down back and Helu as the third down back (so he already does have some value in PPR leagues), and I don't see that changing down the stretch, barring injury to either Morris or RGIII. Also, if Morris were to go down, I think Silas Redd would get the early down look over Helu...just my gut feeling, fwiw...

Edited by the outlaw

Damien Williams - Dolphins. Knowshon is out, Lamar Miller is dinged up pretty good and D. Thomas had a key fumble late in the game which earned him a place on the bench. Williams came in and ran pretty good (7 - 34) and added some receptions too (3 - 27). I can see him being used as the primary 3rd down guy now and also more infused with the offense as to keep Miller as healthy as possible. If you're in desperate need mode, he could be decent enough.

I am holding on to Blue, Crowell and Taliferro only because if the lead goes down in their respective teams they would jump out front. For a 29 year old small RB Forsett has held up well but if Forsett were to miss a game or 2 Taliaferro would have some real value. He has also shown that he can be involved in the passing game. All these guys are boom or bust with not much in between.

I'm wondering if James Starks is a good pick up. Lacy hasn't been all THAT impressive, and Starks would be a bell cow if Lacy got hurt (and in an offense that puts up lots of points). Lacy already was concussed once this year... Starks is as good a lottery ticket as anyone.

I'm also curious about Orleans Darkwa. Williams has already proven that he can't handle an every down role, so if Jennings were to get hurt again, I wonder if the Giants would give this guy a long look should the season be officially declared lost. To me, it's interesting when a team signs a guy who was on someone else's practice squad. Probably nothing to it though...

I think the best talent is the Raider's Murray. However, I don't trust the coaching staff to see it. Damian Williams is set to get a shot with the injuries and lack of talent there and fits the offense well. The remainders are going to be handcuffs for some of the big name players (Blue, Randall, Brice Brown, etc).

Have had Starks stashed on my squad all season, drafted Randle too hoping it might pay, dropped him and have considered adding him again. When you add in keeper/dynasty considerations there are a ton of guys to consider, and maybe 1-2 that will produce. Its like 90% luck.