[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP to return?

tazinib1

This news is making my dingle jingle!!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Adrian Peterson is facing a six-game suspension, but the NFL will likely consider a combination of time served and loss of pay as his punishment.

Rapoport expects a December return to the field for Peterson. The NFLPA has filed a grievance on behalf of Peterson, demanding immediate reinstatement based on an agreement in September when Peterson was placed on the Exempt List. So, this can still go a number of ways, with Peterson suiting up as soon as next Sunday if he wins the grievance. Vikings coaches reportedly are fully on board with Peterson returning to the team, but the front office is split.

Source: Ian Rapaport via Twitter

I have him in DWIII and am gingerly holding on to #1 but my record is has been benefited by playing the bottom half of the league. His return could bolster my chances of a Dynasty rebuild champion.

I think he will play week 11 or 12. The NFL doesn't want to reinstate him due to the fact they are so worried about their image right now, but the fact is that he was convicted of a misdemeanor only and now it is clear that the NFL agreed to the paid leave. it wasn't just the Vikings idea.

Considering the sht storm they are currently dealing with in regards to how they handled Ray Rice, I bet they Reinstate AP sooner rather than later. Goodell had to testify for 2 hours in the NFLPA arbitration hearing.

He does not want to do that again I promise you.

Plus the court of public opinion has softened considerably since week one.

Edited by Alphashado

Hope there is a quicker resolution than this, most of my leagues have a week 12 transaction deadline.

Adrian Peterson's NFL status will be determined by Saturday, Nov. 22 at the latest.

PFT's Mike Florio points out that under Article 43 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, a hearing on an expedited grievance must occur within seven days of the filing (Nov. 17 in this case). The case must then be resolved within five days after the hearing. Of course, things could go faster than that but the NFL appears to be dragging its heels here in an effort to keep Peterson off the field. A source tells ESPN's Ed Werder that the case between the NFLPA and the NFL "could get ugly." Regardless, Peterson needs to remain on all fantasy rosters as the Nov. 22 date is one day before the Vikings host the Packers in Week 12. If he gets reinstated, there is plenty of season left. Nov 11 - 9:26 AM

Excerpt from Rotoworld.

Edited by Def.
  • Like 1

Last I heard the Vikings were going to stand firm and not let AP play. Of course, that was a couple months ago right when this all went down, so their stance may have changed.

My personal opinion is that they will stick to their guns and won't play him. The resulting backlash would be worse than anything gained... which wouldn't be anything since the Vikings are pretty much out of contention.

So, those hoping for a return... good luck. :shrug: I may be wrong but I doubt he plays in 2014.

• Like 1

My personal opinion is that they will stick to their guns and won't play him. The resulting backlash would be worse than anything gained... which wouldn't be anything since the Vikings are pretty much out of contention.

From a PR standpoint, this is probably the best move the Vikings can make. You are either going to irritate a low percentage of fans that want to see him take the field, or a larger audience of fans and general public that would rather him not play. And I bet the fans that are upset about him not playing are likely more forgiving.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed the Vikings would welcome Adrian Peterson back, but said the situation is in the hands of the NFL.

"We love the kid," Zimmer said of his superstar back. "He's done everything we've asked." Zimmer said the league has not provided a timetable on its decision to activate AD from the commissioner's exempt list. The Washington Post's Mark Maske calls it a "fluid situation that could change daily." It appears unlikely that Peterson is activated for Week 11, but it can't yet be ruled out.

Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter Nov 10 - 1:23 PM

I think the NFL will do everything in its power to drag out reinstatement until the Vikings season is over

What about the players union and team and staff wanting him back? its a misdemeanor not a felony, if a guy gets a DUI misdemeanor what does he get for it punishment wise?

Problem is, domestic abuse (which one could correlate down to beating the crap out of your kid) is now the big NFL hot button so they won't be treating this as your run of the mill misdemeanor.

Problem is, domestic abuse (which one could correlate down to beating the crap out of your kid) is now the big NFL hot button so they won't be treating this as your run of the mill misdemeanor.

thats ridiculous, you treat a misdemeanor as a misdemeanor bottom line.. Ray Rice no one wants him back...

AP is different hes pleaded.. how is he not able to play? hes never been in trouble ever before in nfl?? These other guys are re-offenders that get multi game suspensions...

youre confused.