[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP to return?

tazinib1

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

snapback.pngInTomWeTrust, on 12 November 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

so when does he get re-instated? he commited a simple misdemeanor.. union is fighting for him so now what??

NFL gonna make big deal out of this now??

they sure didnt when donte stallworth killed a guy

You should probably be 100% informed about something if you're going to use it in an argument.

"In this case, Stallworth was found to be over the legal limit BUT the dude was crossing the street illegally. ANYONE could have tagged the moran, it just so happened it was an NFL player who had a few too many to drink. Eyewitnesses testified the dude just ran out into the middle of the street and Stallworth had no other course of action."

So, nice try. Try again. :tup:

Edit to add: And I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The NFL is under the friggin' microscope right now. Who CARES if it was "only a misdemeanor". Who CARES if it falls under the personal conduct policy versus the domestic violence policy.

The NFL is its own entity. It has its own judge, jury and executioner.

I've said it before and will reiterate... I could be totally 100% off on this and will admit if I'm wrong, but I think the NFL and the Vikings will make an example out of both Rice and AP.

Of COURSE the NFLPA is coming to his aid. That's what they do. Doesn't mean they're right.... or will win.

Edited by darin3, Yesterday, 06:50 PM.

Are you a complete moron?

"In this case, Stallworth was found to be over the legal limit BUT the dude was crossing the street illegally. ANYONE could have tagged the moran, it just so happened it was an NFL player who had a few too many to drink. Eyewitnesses testified the dude just ran out into the middle of the street and Stallworth had no other course of action."

I don't care if he got dropped off in a space ship.. are you nuts? He KILLED SOMEONE... Do you know how many organizations there are for mothers against drunk drivers ETC???

The guy is dead.. just stop the comparison it totally ridiculous

Had a couple drinks?? He was drunk..

You have NO clue how many people pay the Serious price of just recieving a DUI let ALONE killing someone?? STOP IT.

The guy was never in trouble and chose to disipline HIS child IN THAT way, depsite what PEOPLE THINK or FEEL about it..

So PLEASE cause if we got into IMAGE and what people THINK or FEEL with stallworth.. everyone thought he should be in JAIL let alone suspended or any of that...

You're a moron.

What's with the weird-ass formatting on all of your posts? Makes your idiotic thought processes even harder to follow.

• Like 2

What's with the weird-ass formatting on all of your posts? Makes your idiotic thought processes even harder to follow.

He's a moron and doesn't even know how to properly quote and respond to a post. I'm sure he'll blame his smartphone or something else for it, because after all he is infallible.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11880254/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-refused-appear-nfl-disciplinary-hearing

No idea what this means, but it doesn't sound positive for AP's reinstatement. If not already, this is now a pissing match between the league and the NFLPA and AP's lawyers. They want Goodell's head on a stick on this one.

thats ridiculous, you treat a misdemeanor as a misdemeanor bottom line.. Ray Rice no one wants him back...

AP is different hes pleaded.. how is he not able to play? hes never been in trouble ever before in nfl?? These other guys are re-offenders that get multi game suspensions...

youre confused.

the NFL doesn't dole out punishment based on legal charges and/or plea agreements.

Also, fwiw, sponsorships were lost because of this. The NFL can't afford another misstep with regard to "domestic violence" so they'll proceed in a calculated and cautious manner. Additionally, the NFL didn't put AP on the commissioner's exempt list, the Vikes requested he be put there. He's still getting paid, no "punishment" has even been given. If I were the NFL I might tell the PA to back off or we'll just reinstate him from the exempt list then suspend him for 6 weeks (which I believe they have the latitude to do).

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 2

just work, and the occasional break. what's going on with you today?

:rofl:

Hey InTomWeTrust, try this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adrian+peterson+NFL+news

Basically AP is letting the NFLPA guide him, and they're trying to play hardball with the NFL, neither of which seem like bright decisions, or likely to result with his reinstatement anytime soon.

:rofl:

Not a smart choice how ?

so the nfl can bury him with a 8 game suspenison??

its the only way... nfl pa and adrian have leverage now.... goodell breaking collective B A and hes looking retarded.... too many injuries this year for rbs

nfl needs fans and fantasy points AP is coming back :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What leverage do AP and the NFLPA have? What part of CBA are they braking, do you have some actual facts (or are you just buying what AP and his lawyers are selling?)

WTF does this have to do with RB injuries?

NFL has plenty of fans, they don't need AP to play a handful of games on a crappy team to get fans. Besides plenty of fans would not be happy if AP were allowed to play. Maybe not your averarge FF player, but lots of others who watch the game and buy stuff.

Listen I know many people hate Goodell and think he's totally botched the Rice thing and other issues. But that and the saber rattling of the NFLPA is not enough to make the NFL flinch and just do what AP wants.

Edited by stevegrab

This is like flying, cramped in the back of coach, next to a family toting a kid with a leaking diaper. They are pretending not to smell anything but everyone else is looking up and smelling the stink. The NFL is the family and you can bet they know we have figured out who's carrying the load.

Consider this for a Monday morning, the NFL wants to tidy this all up in a bow by Thanksgiving: the AP case, Ray Rice's lingering mess, this hastily trumped up commissioner’s exempt list, an outside arbitrator, the owners, the union, AP's lawyers, the NFL lawyers, the press and the court of public opinion to name a few. It's not going to happen.

When was the last time we heard or saw Roger. I bet he hasn't bathed in weeks. He's f**k'd and he knows it.

Bottom line, AP's situation is extremely complicated. I doubt any of us who stashed AP will have him in our line-ups soon. And after all, isn't that the most important thing in life for most of us.

This is like flying, cramped in the back of coach, next to a family toting a kid with a leaking diaper. They are pretending not to smell anything but everyone else is looking up and smelling the stink. The NFL is the family and you can bet they know we have figured out who's carrying the load.

Consider this for a Monday morning, the NFL wants to tidy this all up in a bow by Thanksgiving: the AP case, Ray Rice's lingering mess, this hastily trumped up commissioner’s exempt list, an outside arbitrator, the owners, the union, AP's lawyers, the NFL lawyers, the press and the court of public opinion to name a few. It's not going to happen.

When was the last time we heard or saw Roger. I bet he hasn't bathed in weeks. He's f**k'd and he knows it.

Bottom line, AP's situation is extremely complicated. I doubt any of us who stashed AP will have him in our line-ups soon. And after all, isn't that the most important thing in life for most of us.

:closed:

:coach::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::usa::usa::celb::celb::celb::celb::usa::usa::usa::usa:

ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that Adrian Peterson will resume playing football "sooner rather than later."

"My sense is still that he will play this season," Schefter said, "and sooner rather than later." The NFL and NFLPA are going back and forth through the media, with Peterson issuing a statement on Sunday morning after the NFL accused him of missing a disciplinary hearing on Friday. The statement can be read at the link below. We tentatively expect Peterson to play in Week 12.