[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP to return?

tazinib1

You do recognize that Adam Schefter is just a reporter, he isn't the NFL, so he can say all he wants about believing AP will play, that doesn't mean he will.

Listen I am not saying I agree with the NFL actions, or them dragging it out. But if anybody thinks they have all the facts and understands what is going to happen with AP they are kidding themselves. That includes Schefter, Mort, Boomer, Gruden, the NFLPA, AP, his attorneys and even the almighty InTomWeTrust.

• Like 3

I recognize Adam Shefter is not "just" a reporter, hes the best reporter there is.

He has more inside info that any reporter I've probably ever watched over the years in ESPN.. You always have that one reporter that is obviously the #1 in each sport..

We see it was Stephen A. Smith in NBA for a long time

Shefter is obviously the Steven A. of NFL

He doesnt say stuff like that without some soft of info.. its obviously a battle in these kinds of things...

But who has the leverage is what matters and he obviously believe its AP and his team.

I'm wondering if this is just show from the NFL. If they ruffle their feathers & make the NFLPA out to be the bad guy in getting Peterson reinstated then they can still have their cake and at least get a bite too. I believe he will be reinstated and sees the field by week 13 and I just banked a 5th round pick next season on it.

Still going with this. I believe right now it's all show. NFL doesn't want to look insensitive & the NFLPA wants to use this as another chess piece vs Goodell. I'm betting this gets resolved within a week & he's back in time to play the Panthers.

Huh, looks like my gut feeling was wrong. When I left MN the general sentiment from local honks (both in the media and just fans) was that the team would stick by their guns and sit him regardless of what played out in the courts. Media nightmare. Sponsors cut bait immediately.

Why the Vikings would play him in what amounts to a lost season is just stupid.

But whatever.... I'll eat crow once he's back on the field. :tup:

Why the Vikings would play him in what amounts to a lost season is just stupid.

Curious about what the Vikings options are if he gets reinstated, if they in fact didn't want to play him. (i) Release him?; (ii) Suspend him, but on what grounds?; (iii) Let him join the team, but bench him on game day?

It's a messy situation with lots of legal and CBA issues

Curious about what the Vikings options are if he gets reinstated, if they in fact didn't want to play him. (i) Release him?; (ii) Suspend him, but on what grounds?; (iii) Let him join the team, but bench him on game day?

It's a messy situation with lots of legal and CBA issues

If this was the plan, why would they have come out recently saying they'd welcome him back?

I recognize Adam Shefter is not "just" a reporter, hes the best reporter there is.

He has more inside info that any reporter I've probably ever watched over the years in ESPN.. You always have that one reporter that is obviously the #1 in each sport..

We see it was Stephen A. Smith in NBA for a long time

Shefter is obviously the Steven A. of NFL

He doesnt say stuff like that without some soft of info.. its obviously a battle in these kinds of things...

But who has the leverage is what matters and he obviously believe its AP and his team.

Even the best reporters get things wrong. That's all I'm saying. So just because Schefter said it doesn't make it true.