[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pull Cutler

ThatDude

Well...I looked like a genius the first half of the fantasy season...I was hoping Cutler could at least deliver 2TDs and 250-300 a game...I guess we all knew it was a matter of time with Sir-Sulks-A-Lot...tried to trade him and Marshall for Brees but the other owner didnt buy it...and Marshall finally does something and goes down with another ankle injury...so now I have to hope RGIII does something....uggh!?!

• Like 1

No, don't pull him! I need 200 more yards and three garbage time TDs from him yet!

When I turned the game off (35-0 in the 2nd quarter) I was hoping that Cutler would get a couple of garabe time TDs at least. I was down by about 25 and could use 15-20 from Cutler so I'd only need a few points from JStew tonight (not that winning matters much anymore, but its nice to play spoiler).

What a horrible game.

just . . . wow . . . Cutler you suck. Chicago talk radio will be unbelievable tonight.

Sports talk radio is just going to be a week long bitch fest.

Cutler makes a weekly appearance on am1000 wmvp during the season. I wonder if he's going to show up. :lol:

Its the BMarsh show today. He has been alternating weeks with Brandon this year though I haven't heard him on the air since he decided to not do the show that one week.

Edited by Def.

yeah!

my two QBs in my main league

Cutler

Palmer

Ouch! Mine are Rivers and Cutler...and, I'm really hoping Week 9 was just an aberration for Rivers...I've gotten a total of 9 fantasy points from the QB position the past 2 weeks...grrrrrrrrrrrr

Of course I got "Roethlisbergered" Week 9, so Rivers' goose egg didn' really matter anyway...LOL

Edited by the outlaw

Cutler isn't the only problem there. But he sure as hell isn't the solution either. My opinion was and still is that he was grossly over paid. Talent is only half of what it takes to be a QB worthy of that kind of "elite lvl pay grade". The other half is leadership. I've never seen a QB that seems more detatched and generally uninterested in winning. As a packer fan I have been watching him play for a long time and the guy always looks like he would rather be somewhere else.

Cutler isn't the only problem there. But he sure as hell isn't the solution either. My opinion was and still is that he was grossly over paid. Talent is only half of what it takes to be a QB worthy of that kind of "elite lvl pay grade". The other half is leadership. I've never seen a QB that seems more detatched and generally uninterested in winning. As a packer fan I have been watching him play for a long time and the guy always looks like he would rather be somewhere else.

He's not grossly over paid. Essentially his contract is a 3 year $54 mil deal ($18 mil per year). Puts him #7 on QB pay scale. Am I saying he deserves to be #7? No, but Flacco does not deserve to be #3 either ($20.1 mil per year). He does have talent, but I agree he is not a good leader and does not seem to have the field smarts to avoid turnovers. Pay wise he's in the same ballpark as 11 QBs though (16-20 mil per year).

He's not grossly over paid. Essentially his contract is a 3 year $54 mil deal ($18 mil per year). Puts him #7 on QB pay scale. Am I saying he deserves to be #7? No, but Flacco does not deserve to be #3 either ($20.1 mil per year). He does have talent, but I agree he is not a good leader and does not seem to have the field smarts to avoid turnovers. Pay wise he's in the same ballpark as 11 QBs though (16-20 mil per year).

I feel like it's a pretty simple formula. If a team is "stuck" with a lousy player based on pay scale rather than preformance, then that player is overpaid. The bears are stuck with Jay. No other team in the league would want to pick up his contract. And ownership will never Bench a player on that type of payroll. Nor can they afford to pay another equally skilled QB due to the salary limitatinons directly related to the amount of capped money spent on Cutler.

He is lousy and they are stuck with him, and in my mind, that makes him grossly overpaid.

I agree that Flacco did not deserve nearly what he is getting paid either. Top tier money should only go to top tier talent. A catagory of which neither Cutler or Flacco fall into. I'ts a broken system.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone daring to start him at this point in the season? I drafted him early and stuck with him, for better or for worse, in every game but one thus far. And that one game is the reason I stuck with him. I sat him against the 49ers because of their defense and figured he would play terribly. As it turned out he had one of his best weeks. Now it's crunch time in FFB and he is facing the Lions tough defense in a prime time game. Is this a fools pursuit? Since this is not the advice column I'm not going to post about my alternatives. I'm just wondering if anyone else is sticking with him for tomorrows game?