[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Scoring question - ST fumbles

Junkyard

Our league does not award individual points for special teams play. For example, Antonio Brown or Darren Sproles does not receive yardage points or TDs for what is gained on ST play. That scoring is included as part of Team Defense.

On Sunday, Antonio Brown fumbled a punt return, and CBS dinged him for -2, the same as when he fumbled on an earlier pass play. Not fair to penalize a player for a fumble if not rewarding him for a score, but I can't find any way to customize that on CBS. It looks like fumbles automatically include ST play.

Any of you know of a workaround, or yet another CBS disappointment? Manual edits if caught? (Though I don't want to go there midseason if it's been going on all year). No impact in this particular game, but with 10 points separating the leaders in total points scored ($$), it could be an impact later on.

Its the same on NFL.com but I don't know of anyway of changing it unless you can manually alter team's scores if it happens. You'd have to be pretty on the ball to do that though.

It is a strange situation cos' it almost makes kick/punt returners less valuable because of the risk of fumbles with no upside.

If there's some way to alter the score then go for it if you want if all other players in your league agree. It only really matters though If it would give the team a win. Otherwise there's no point just let it go

Total points scored are often used as tie-breakers, so the win/loss isn't the only thing.

I agree though, if you can and want to correct then do it as long as the league agrees.

I see CBS showing 2 fumbles lost for Brown, I see the one fumble on offense and a muffed punt as well. His owner in our league lost a point for each, and we only play D not D/ST (no special teams). Not sure that it matters though, thought I read something once that fumbles are not broken out into ST and other categories. So Brown has 2 fumbles.

Been discussed before, but the official stats do not distinguish when a particular act happened, just that a particular act happened, in this case a fumble.

If you choose to make an adjustment here, you would have to manually check every game for every possible situation where this sort of thing could have happened to be handling it fairly.

Been discussed before, but the official stats do not distinguish when a particular act happened, just that a particular act happened, in this case a fumble.

If you choose to make an adjustment here, you would have to manually check every game for every possible situation where this sort of thing could have happened to be handling it fairly.

Right, basically there is one category for fumbles, or fumbles lost. So if you score them, even when they happen on ST that affects the player. Unlike TDs which have passing, rushing, receiving, punt return, kick return and even offensive fumble recovery categories (at least looking at the ones on my CBS site).

I also saw this, in the fumbles lost (FL) category on CBS it says "Fumble Lost, Including ST plays"

Edited by stevegrab