[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where did it all go wrong....

rattsass

So I mentioned in my column a few weeks ago about my bad-ass FFPC team, leading the league in points and wins. Let me tell you dear reader, I paid dearly for revealing the fantasy gods sudden grace upon me. Starting out with a 188 point outburst in week 8 where I lost to the team that mustered 200 points - a league high for the season. Nice. Typical however I must say.

After that it was bye week disasters, a challenge flag stuck in an old fool's sock that cost me a win, and match-up nightmares leading to my two worst scoring weeks of the season, a 5-5 record, and a loss of my points lead, and 3 league mates now within 31 points of taking my 4th and final playoff spot.

It looks bad. I have lost faith in just about every player on my roster.

Philip Rivers - He of the turnover-fest two weeks ago and a 4 point output. Surely he will do better against the Raiders. Wont he?

Lamar Miller - I sat him last week for Taliafarro. Obviously neither of those were good options, Miller still banged up on a short week against a stout defense. Down to a free agent pick for a dollar, or take a stab with Theo Riddick. A dead spot in the lineup.

Matt Forte: He of the team that has quit, and sucketh mightily. You really expect Forte to get his against Minnesota, but last week when they were allegedly intent on showcasing him against the Packers, they instead made the wise choice and put the game in the hands of Cutler virtually ignoring Forte for the whole first half disaster. I have total faith in the player and zero faith for his situation. Damn I hate the Bears.

Antonio Brown: Almost criminal the way he and Forte have carried this team. I guess those first two picks in the draft are pretty damn important. So is holding onto the ball. My man was a drive killer last week against a corpse of a team. He is far too prideful to deliver anything but a top notch performance this week, no? He damn well better, with Theo Riddick starting at RB for me.

Mike Wallace: Okay so he took a few weeks off, but back to normal last week against the #1 defense. Now the #2 vs. the pass with a banged up Tannehill trying to sling it on short rest. Not optimum.

Deandre Hopkins: Has really been one of my more dependable players before his bye week. And now we get a new quarterback this week. This week when I need his steady points the most. Yikes.

Odell Beckham Jr: Yes, my prize free agent “get” is turning out to be all that and more. Unfortunately he has cannibalized my former free agent prize (see below)

Larry Donnell: Last week it was Beckham and Parker . This week it needs to be Beckham and Donnell. You just never know what you get week to week from the Giants as a whole.

Mason Crosby: His 15 points last week saved me from being single digit points ahead of those chasing me. What are the odds he pulls that twice in a row. Without playing the Bears?

Saints: Last week I kept my Bill defense on the bench and picked up this bunch in anticipation they would keep a reeling quarterback reeling. Nope. Threw away 2 precious points. This week I am banking on them keeping a reeling quarterback reeling, (Daulton) And this is actually the same defense I drafted to begin the season and let them throw goose-eggs at me for a few weeks before I caught on. How many times will I fall for this I ask? Why don’t I just play the Bills and get my 8 points on Thursday night? I have no idea. Just a sick compulsion I suppose.

But this is the best I have. Jordan Cameron is still a useless roster spot and remnant of a broken draft day dream. Jordan Reed didn’t seem to be much in RGIII’s sights, can’t trust him.

If you would have asked me before the season started, would I take being in this position - in the playoffs with one week left to go, I obviously would have said hell yes. But after a Hank Williams Jr type slide down the rocky mountain-side. I am in traction here.

So if we could all just join hands and ask the fantasy gods to get me to week twelve, so I can obsess over which one of my scrubs I can start on Antonio Brown’s bye , OMFG!!!! I totally forgot about that. Never mind. Let’s just get if over with…..

• Like 3

The fantasy gods giveth, and they taketh away...If it makes you feel better, at least you don't have the NE RB & SJax

No, those were previous year's tortures...