[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has this happen to you before in a league?

IrishPride

In my money league, there are 2 divisions,12 teams, I'm currently tied in first place in my division at 6-4? Since its WW by record, haven't gotten a decent pick up in weeks....The other division leader is 7-2, so to sum it up, I have no chance in playoff's? So I think what I'm saying is I have become a firm believer in the blind bid system or some type of bid. There's nothing I can do to remain competitive.....except pick up WW trash and longshots.

You should have been lobbying for this change long before now. Present it to the league and see if you can get a vote on it before the season ends so it can be implimented next season. I have done away with WTF leagues.

You're tied for first in your division at 6-4. How is it that you can't remain competitive with no shot in the playoffs?

Maybe a 5-1 start, then 1-3 in the last 4 with a rash of injuries. Since his record is in the top 3-4 of the league, he misses all the good options on waivers every week. Can see that especially in a keeper/dynasty of if there are weekly prizes or other reasons for the lower record teams to keep grabbing players off waivers.

One change that could affect that is charging a small fee ($1-2) for each waiver claim. or player added. We have a fee in our league and as the season winds down that plays a part in whether teams in the bottom 4-6 slots even bother to add players.

Aside from a bid system, a continual rolling list works better than just by record. Once you make a pickup you go to the bottom of the list which rolls over for the next week. Probably the second most common type, but wanted to put it out there as an option vs bids. It might be an easier sell (depending on the league) and is certainly less involved than managing ww funds.

EDIT: Also, adding a fee is great, but you still want people making moves as that is half the fun. Have a $1 fee in one league, which makes you think a bit, and a $5 fee in another that is probably a bit too restrictive for my tastes.

Edited by Skarzon

The blind bid waiver process is the best option for any league. It's fair to all involved and puts another element in the process since you have to decide/budget your bids. It can also be frustrating (I've lost several this year by $1-2).

I know its been said before and beating a dead horse but there is no such thing as a "best option for any league", each league needs to decide what is best for them. Some think IDP is best, some think not using PPR is lame, or 6 pt passing TDs, etc.

Waiver wire is empty...playing with decent guys and its a keeper league. Being competitive is easy but winning, whole other ball of wax. Yes injuries and suspensions have crippled my team, got lucky swinging for the fence and match ups, I have the worse 6-4 team but beat the other two because of match ups and byes. Lost AP/Ball/Palmer..etc..Just wondering how everyone's league works so I can present different options...

I am alone in first place at 6-4 in my work league but have the fewest points scored. My team started out 4-0. I know exactly what the OP is saying. The only guaranteed remedy is blind bid waivers. Even charging $$$ for pickups won't deter action that much earlier on, and I HATE deterring a team that's out of the playoff hunt from picking up waivers because then teams that are 6-6 going into the final week pretty much get first waiver pickup. I'd rather the team that got you there is the one that you use in the playoffs and that you don't luck out because of an injury that puts a hot pickup in your lap.

I know its been said before and beating a dead horse but there is no such thing as a "best option for any league", each league needs to decide what is best for them. Some think IDP is best, some think not using PPR is lame, or 6 pt passing TDs, etc.

I will rephrase. It "should" be best option. I hear so many complaints about the priority waivers system and yes, there are those that think it keeps teams balanced, but take an element out. I also think it is a league's best option to have naked women at the draft. :brow:

Maybe a 5-1 start, then 1-3 in the last 4 with a rash of injuries. Since his record is in the top 3-4 of the league, he misses all the good options on waivers every week. Can see that especially in a keeper/dynasty of if there are weekly prizes or other reasons for the lower record teams to keep grabbing players off waivers.

One change that could affect that is charging a small fee ($1-2) for each waiver claim. or player added. We have a fee in our league and as the season winds down that plays a part in whether teams in the bottom 4-6 slots even bother to add players.

That's why on the podcast we always talk about being proactive. Once a player goes off it's usually going to be too late for 99% of the league.

" best"? OK, maybe not. "Most fair" to every team in the league? Absolutely

That's why on the podcast we always talk about being proactive. Once a player goes off it's usually going to be too late for 99% of the league.

I've been noticing that more lately, guys I read up on (here and elsewhere) like Forsett, Tailiferro, Oliver, etc. I was scouting them but always waited one week too long to pull the trigger. (As I said elsewhere risk averse, have trouble making decisions sometimes too.) After that happened a few more times this year I pulled the trigger sooner, but most didn't pan out.

" best"? OK, maybe not. "Most fair" to every team in the league? Absolutely

True that it puts all owners on equal ground, everybody has a chance to bid on a player, just like auction drafts.

I was thinking about the its fair to every team bit earlier, what if a league changes from worst to first or some other waivers to blind bids. 10 of the 12 owners are many other leagues that use that system already, the other 2 are not. I bet those 2 owners unfamilar with the bidding don't do well the first few years, since they don't know what they're doing. Just saying trying to convince a league that doesn't use it to use it isn't as simple as saying "it is the best, it is the most fair".

• Like 1

I am alone in first place at 6-4 in my work league but have the fewest points scored. My team started out 4-0. I know exactly what the OP is saying. The only guaranteed remedy is blind bid waivers. Even charging $$$ for pickups won't deter action that much earlier on, and I HATE deterring a team that's out of the playoff hunt from picking up waivers because then teams that are 6-6 going into the final week pretty much get first waiver pickup. I'd rather the team that got you there is the one that you use in the playoffs and that you don't luck out because of an injury that puts a hot pickup in your lap.

Same crap in my "money" league. Every week the bottom feeders prosper and are rewarded for no reason other than being losers. We tried blind bidding two years ago and it was voted out the following year. Seems like losers are pretty much perennial losers and need that unfair advantage. Our worst to first waivers has transaction fees that escalate after each five transactions. $5 each for the first five, $10 each for the next five, $15 for the next and so on... People are forking out $25, $30 and more for each transaction by the end of the season. Believe it or not, it still doesn't deter the bottom feeders.

I mean, on one hand it is nice to have proactive owners, but on the other, it doesn't mean much by playoffs if you're hosting a skeleton team that will have a bitch of a time trying to make it through the playoffs. Trading does occasionally occur, but theses guys always offer one sided trades and will offer up what you don't need all the while trying to further stockpile their teams. It's like poker where guys play their own hands and ignore what's going on with the other players.

Since these monkeys don't want to blind bid and want to try keep worst to first waivers, next year I'm going to pitch the idea that we alternate worst to first with first to worst every other week. At least it's a bit more palatable. It probably won't be voted in though. Geeze, the more I think about it, the more it irrates me. OK - vent over.

This happens to me all of the time but it's just part of the game to me. You need to do your research and get these guys a week before they blow up. I see nothing wrong with the waiver priority process

You sure you're not in my league. No kidding. Try to anticipate who's going to take off? NEVER occurred to me. Novel idea. Yep. Thanks.

Same crap in my "money" league. Every week the bottom feeders prosper and are rewarded for no reason other than being losers. We tried blind bidding two years ago and it was voted out the following year. Seems like losers are pretty much perennial losers and need that unfair advantage. Our worst to first waivers has transaction fees that escalate after each five transactions. $5 each for the first five, $10 each for the next five, $15 for the next and so on... People are forking out $25, $30 and more for each transaction by the end of the season. Believe it or not, it still doesn't deter the bottom feeders.

I mean, on one hand it is nice to have proactive owners, but on the other, it doesn't mean much by playoffs if you're hosting a skeleton team that will have a bitch of a time trying to make it through the playoffs. Trading does occasionally occur, but theses guys always offer one sided trades and will offer up what you don't need all the while trying to further stockpile their teams. It's like poker where guys play their own hands and ignore what's going on with the other players.

Since these monkeys don't want to blind bid and want to try keep worst to first waivers, next year I'm going to pitch the idea that we alternate worst to first with first to worst every other week. At least it's a bit more palatable. It probably won't be voted in though. Geeze, the more I think about it, the more it irrates me. OK - vent over.

just a thought but maybe start with a higher price for waiver priority 1 then de-escalate from there until you get to a min amount.