[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has this ever happened to you in a league before II?

irish

16 team PPR redraft league a player gets dropped, in this case, Charles Simms, and when you go pick them up someone beats you to them by seconds but they still look available up until the last moment?

That's what just happened to HBTC, when I added Simms seconds before he tried to. His ensuing text to me was hysterical.

Did he accuse you of hacking the website to pickup the player yet?

LMAO! No, but he immediately texted me asking WTF someone would drop Simms?!? And then said I added him seconds before him.

Did he accuse you of hacking the website to pickup the player yet?

:what:

He can't as he only has himself to blame. He had approximately 6 minutes to add him before I finally did.

This used to happen a lot in a baseball league I was in. There was no waiver system, and players became free agents at 8AM two days after they were dropped. Needless to say, everyone used to huddle around their computers in the morning hitting "refresh" until the player indicated free agent. One morning a guy called me 30 seconds after I picked a player up and tried to bitch me out that he needed the guy more than I did.

I laughed in his face (over the phone).

it's happened to me. Waivers opened up at 8 and while some guy was hemming and hawing about who to drop, I swooped in. he was pissed and sent a league-wide email. You snooze, you lose. Guy shoulda known who he was going to drop beforehand.

Dropped players go on waivers in our league, and become free agents after the next run so there is nobody scooping them up before others have a chance. (Currently players that are dropped on Tue night waiver become available on Friday morning.) Simms and other interesting players (Hillman) were dropped and I've been considering adidng them, less for short term need (not likely making playoffs, these upgrades won't help) but for the future.

Only problem with our setup and the way CBS handles things is a player dropped on our Tue (first of week) waiver run, is not eligible to be on a team for Thursday, so any MIA/BUF player dropped this week cannot be used by another team. (That isn't really intentional but a result of the settings, which if changed create larger issues.) Same could be said for players in Sunday game, but you'd have to wait to drop them until Saturday.

do we really need an excuse to call Irish names :shrug:

Absolutely not! But when you have a reason to, it's like a holiday, more reason to have fun and celebrate.

• Like 1

I had a somewhat similar situation a couple of years ago. Not with an add/drop, but a trade. A certain Huddler (not going to say who, but he ends all of his posts with !!!!!!!!!!!) accused me of deleting a trade offer that he had received. I wasn't sure what the heck he was talking about, but when I looked, I realized that someone else had accepted another offer (with a common player involved), making the first offer null and void (in which case it disappears from the user's pending trade offers in MFL).

Pretty funny, and to this day, I'm not sure that he doesn't think I made his trade disappear. :lol: