[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any news on Foster?

robert terni

If Arian is out, I'm rolling with Blue over Montee Ball but guess that doesn't mean too much at this stage.

Blue should be in for a nice game if Foster is out. I have concerns that Ball is going to get a very limited workload as they see what CJ can do against someone other than the Raiders. Of course, no one really knows what Denver will do.

• Like 1

Just picked up Blue, and I hope I'm right about this, but we'll see.

The O line has proven itself to open up the run for Foster that probably over half the backs in the league would also exploit. Nothing against Foster, as I've watched him seemingly effortlessly do things that are much more difficult than they appear, but I do believe that Blue will get 80% of what Foster would get given the same play calling and performance from the line. I'll take that all day.

BTW, I don't believe in handcuffing. Never understood why I would want the backup in a situation just like this IF a better RB is out there ready to be scooped up or is already on my bench. Handcuffing by default makes no sense. (probably its own thread)

Yes, the handcuffing topic makes it regularly through the forum like my wife's cycle. Needless to say, when it does, I am not sure which of us is crankier. I agree with you that handcuffing limits roster management but in certain case it's critical. Foster is one of them.

When you have a guy that is injury prone and has a very good plug n play back-up, you do the handcuff. Charles/Davis is another. Also, by now the Murray owner should have Randle but that's not as clear cut. Otherwise, you stash n grab. BTW, any Foster owner left flapping in the wind this weekend without Blue is a fool. Blue should have been rostered weeks ago.

Edited by wpayers
  • Like 2

Cleveland's allowed

rushing yards per game over their last 3.

QB making his first pro start.

Temper expectations.

Though the loss of Phil Taylor will help some...

loafster, I love ya brah but this post reeks of misinformation.

You curiously left out some key information. Here, let me help:

71 - Against the Raiders. THE RAIDERS. Third-worst rushing team in NFL.

113 - Against the Bucs. Fourth-worst. :yawn:

86 - Gio-less Bengals that were just completely lost all game.

Comparing the Texans' offense (Ryan Mallett in his first start or not) to these scrubby teams is a little misleading, to be quite honest.

• Like 1

Handcuffed in multiple leagues:

Foster/Blue

Murray/Randle

Charles/Davis

AP/McKinnon or Asiata

Ball/Hillman and/or CJ Anderson

McCoy/Polk

Gore/Hyde

Lynch/Turbin

Gio/Hill

Morris/Helu

Good work if you can get it. Whenever I see WAS games it appears that Helu is the overall better back. Given a chance I think he could win that job.

Edited by wpayers

just temper expectations. Blue isn't Foster and the run D has stiffened, even still...Hill had 154 yards and 2 TDs the week before playing CLE

That part of the post I left untouched. I'm not expecting Blue to duplicate Foster's production. I would be happy with 80-100 yards and a TD. I think that's reasonable.

• Like 1

If he is out do I start Blue or J. Stewart (playing Atlanta)

Without any hesitation, Blue.

• Like 1

Good I hope they keep him out a couple weeks I need him for the playoffs dammit

Methinks you may get your wish. Other than my gut, no news to base this on, but the Foster's status has been murky over bye and now this turnaround in 48 hours. Foster and his "soft tissue" injuries scare me. Could this be another Magatron/A J Green drag along injury? Last year his back injury was sketchy and then boom, he's out for the year.

Brace yourselves. Perhaps more than a one week injury here.

Wouldn't conventional wisdom say that with this being Mallet's first start they would actually lean a bit more on the run? Thus giving Blue a larger role simply because of situational circumstances?