[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any news on Foster?

robert terni

i guess we will know more today

Yup, however, he said he's playing.

Yup, however, he said he's playing.

Well actually he said he hopes he's playing, even if he said he is playing that should not be wholly believed. Players and coaches say all sorts of stuff, lots of it is a smoke screen.

Just look at Panthers coach Ron Rivera, after the disappointing loss to PHI on MNF he comes out and says Cam Newton is not injured, he doesn't know where people are getting that. Then yesterday Newton himself says "I've been playing hurt" (read it today on Huddle new). Obviously one of them is BSing us. See recent player news for Cam http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl/player/24788/

Well actually he said he hopes he's playing, even if he said he is playing that should not be wholly believed. Players and coaches say all sorts of stuff, lots of it is a smoke screen.

Just look at Panthers coach Ron Rivera, after the disappointing loss to PHI on MNF he comes out and says Cam Newton is not injured, he doesn't know where people are getting that. Then yesterday Newton himself says "I've been playing hurt" (read it today on Huddle new). Obviously one of them is BSing us. See recent player news for Cam http://www.thehuddle...l/player/24788/

Not to completely derail this threat but I sincerely hope Cam is hurt. Because if he isn't, he is absolutely terrible. He stands behind a swiss cheese line like a statue that runs like Peyton Manning. It's the most painful thing to watch!

From Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Arian Foster (groin) will "definitely" be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Foster remained sidelined Thursday. There was early-week optimism that Foster would be ready to rock coming off the Texans' bye, but all current signs suggest he's no better than 50-50 to suit up. It's a nightmare for fantasy owners, and a shame since the Browns have one of the league's very-worst run defenses. Alfred Blue will be a plug-and-play RB2 if Foster sits. Foster's status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon. Nov 13 - 3:55 PM

I went and added Blue just in case in one 12-team league.... If Foster sits I'll plug him in over Joique Bell or T-Rich. CLE's run D is no bueno.

if u own foster and he plays you don't sit him IMO

Yup, when he plays, he almost always comes through.

Regarding the Browns run D not being very good, they have been much better the last 3 games. After allowing about 190 yards a game in the first 6 they've only allowed about 90 per game in the last 3. I know that DL Phil Taylor came back recently and that may have helped (he's questionable this week). So those expecting a big game may want to temper their expectations.

Weather and Mallett's first start will certainly dictate they run a lot, like the Texans always do. Agree whoever starts is worth playing.

Per Roto:

Jayson Braddock of 790 Houston reports Arian Foster (groin) will not play Week 11 against the Browns.

We don't typically use Braddock as a source, but he's had some good Texans nuggets in the past, so it's worth a mention. The Texans have been pretty quiet on Foster's status all week, with coach Bill O'Brien chalking him up as a full-blown game-time decision. Foster, himself, wouldn't commit to playing, simply saying, "We shall see." Foster owners should own Alfred Blue already. If not, you need to be making other plans. Cleveland was already a top-end D/ST streamer, but would become infinitely more attractive if Foster ends up sitting.

Source:

If true, not a good sign for Foster owners that ( A ) he's being declared 'out' two days before the game; and ( B ) two weeks wasn't enough recovery time. It's not like Houston is playing out the string - this is an important game for a 4-5 team.

Edited by nelsosi

Just picked up Blue, and I hope I'm right about this, but we'll see.

The O line has proven itself to open up the run for Foster that probably over half the backs in the league would also exploit. Nothing against Foster, as I've watched him seemingly effortlessly do things that are much more difficult than they appear, but I do believe that Blue will get 80% of what Foster would get given the same play calling and performance from the line. I'll take that all day.

BTW, I don't believe in handcuffing. Never understood why I would want the backup in a situation just like this IF a better RB is out there ready to be scooped up or is already on my bench. Handcuffing by default makes no sense. (probably its own thread)