[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stafford ROS

cubdaddy

Its seems every year he is rated one of the top QBs and doesn't really deliver. I have Cutler and he seems to be pouting his way to another subpar finish...Stafford has a great schedule going forward including two matchups in the next few weeks with Bear woeful Def...

Will This be the year that Stafford finally delivers?

Edited by cubdaddy

If Megatron comes back close to 100%, with him and Tate... there's no reason, IMO, Stafford should not do well the rest of the season.

But I agree, every year, "THIS is Stafford's year"... (next year)... "OK, now THIS is Stafford's year"... (following year) " no, really, I mean it this time..."

I mean it's not like for what the past 3 years that he's been ranked outside the top 10 qbs? He's always been a good Qb just not these Rediculous top 3 qb numbers people want...only so many QBs can hold that spot, and I'd say the 3 have been pretty secure for longer than staffords been playing well. So I don't see where all this "its staffords year" is coming from. No one expected him to leap Rodgers or Bree's or manning or brady

Dont know if its just my perception but he seems slightly behind in the QB rankings compared to other years. I normally see him being around the 8th to 10th bracket in fantasy pts but currently this year he's 13th in my league.

He does rely on Megatron a lot (easy to just throw it deep to him and watch him make a play) so I guess his absence will affect his number and the fact that the defence is one of the best in the league so he's not always asked to throw the ball a ton.

Ya he's slightly behind but you stated great reasons that has nothing to do with his actual play as to why he's slipped in the rankings. He's still the same good qb. And with good matchups the rest of the way and what looks like a great refreshed calvin Johnson he should play much more like his "old" self

I mean it's not like for what the past 3 years that he's been ranked outside the top 10 qbs? He's always been a good Qb just not these Rediculous top 3 qb numbers people want...only so many QBs can hold that spot, and I'd say the 3 have been pretty secure for longer than staffords been playing well. So I don't see where all this "its staffords year" is coming from. No one expected him to leap Rodgers or Bree's or manning or brady

I agree his 3 year average (started all 16 games each season) for 2011-2013 is pretty good, not sure what kind of numbers the "this is his year" talk is relating too

409/675 for 60.6%, 4885 yards, 7.24 per attempt, 30TDs 17INTs, 87.1 rating. Toss in 30 rushes for 90 yards and 2 rushing TDs.

So far this year in 9 games, 208/339 61.54%, 2496 yards, 7.36/attempt, 13TDs and 8 picks (and 40 yards rushing plus 2TDs). Extrapolate that out to 16 games, and its pretty close to the 3 year average.

He's only the 16th ranked QB right now in our scoring, behind Flacco, Tannehill, Ryan & Kaep and in front of Cam, Smith, Fitz and Foles. Brees and Romot are the bottom of the top 10.

2013 - #6 4650/31 TD

2012 - #10 4967/24 TD

2011 - #5 5038/41 TD

He's been consistently good overall but is always on the verge of being a major difference maker.

He's 13th in my $$$ league...behind Ryan, Flacco and "the other" Manning...Well...I really hope "this is the year" because Im trading him for Cutler in my redraft league in hopes that he'll lead me to the promised land...

You're trading Stafford for Cutler and hoping Cutler will take you to the promised land? Or you're trading Cutler for Stafford?

Looking forward ROS, Stafford has a nice schedule heading in to the FF playoffs. Especially home games week 13 CHI and week 14 TB. Two of the softer pass defs. Assuming Calvin and Tate are playing to their levels, I can't think of a better QB situation to end the year.

2013 - #6 4650/31 TD

2012 - #10 4967/24 TD

2011 - #5 5038/41 TD

He's been consistently good overall but is always on the verge of being a major difference maker.

Thank you. This is what I failed to express in my earlier post.

Numbers say "top 10", but when a "bar conversation" comes up along the lines of "who are the elite qb's right now", how often do people mention his name in the top 5-10? Closer to 10, if at all.

Here's the issue with Stafford, he has a really good defense this year. Not many teams will score a lot of points against them and it looks like the Lions are ok playing conservitively when they have a lead because they have a defense.

I'm worried

Here's the issue with Stafford, he has a really good defense this year. Not many teams will score a lot of points against them and it looks like the Lions are ok playing conservitively when they have a lead because they have a defense.

I'm worried

Good point. The truth can be ugly.