[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch

keggerz

keg,

do you own him in any leagues? did you actually bench him? if so, what were your options? i can only envision a few scenarios where i am not starting a healthy lynch.

I do not. I did, but two weeks ago traded him for Calvin Johnson.

I do not. I did, but two weeks ago traded him for Calvin Johnson.

so, to be clear....

you do not currently own him.

you did own him, but traded him two weeks ago.

did you bench a healthy lynch when you owned him? if so, who did you start in his place and why?

so, to be clear....

you do not currently own him.

you did own him, but traded him two weeks ago.

did you bench a healthy lynch when you owned him? if so, who did you start in his place and why?

I did. Benched him in week 3 against the Broncos. Anticipated game flow limiting his upside...I was wrong. I started Joique Bell at home vs the Packers. At the time the Pack was 6th in points allowed to RBs. I thought Det would win the game and Bell would pad his stats late. As I said, I was wrong because Bell had a clunker of a game. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers.

I did. Benched him in week 3 against the Broncos. Anticipated game flow limiting his upside...I was wrong. I started Joique Bell at home vs the Packers. At the time the Pack was 6th in points allowed to RBs. I thought Det would win the game and Bell would pad his stats late. As I said, I was wrong because Bell had a clunker of a game. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers.

starting a det rb in a ppr is not crazy-insane. imo, it comes down to what we are targeting/expecting from the two players we are contemplating. with lynch being one of 2 players, probability dictates that he will have a higher floor than most other players in the comparison. bell may have had a higher ceiling that week and it just didn't pan out.

24-124-0

I was wrong, especially on number of carries. Still a bit shocking that this is the first time since early in 2012 (wks 1-5) that Lynch has had 20+ carries in 3 straight games.

Why would you look to that as a sensible metric? Did you think in the present or past the coaches purposely tried to minimize his carries on a third consecutive game?How many of those third consecutive games did Lynch have something like 15 to 19 carries? Lynch is a bell cow RB in the last year of guaranteed money who had a good matchup with everything pointing to a heavy workload he shouldered today.

I don't know, I play in 12 team leagues with 20ish offensive roster spots for each team where you typically have to use 7 combos of RBs/WRs/TEs. So, I never got the point of the proclamation.

Edited by Bobby Brown

starting a det rb in a ppr is not crazy-insane. imo, it comes down to what we are targeting/expecting from the two players we are contemplating. with lynch being one of 2 players, probability dictates that he will have a higher floor than most other players in the comparison. bell may have had a higher ceiling that week and it just didn't pan out.

Not that I don't want to respond but I'm going to hold off because plan all along was to talk about this more in-depth on the podcast.

Why would you look to that as a sensible metric? Did you think in the present or past the coaches purposely tried to minimize his carries on a third consecutive game?How many of those third consecutive games did Lynch have something like 15 to 19 carries? Lynch is a bell cow RB in the last year of guaranteed money who had a good matchup with everything pointing to a heavy workload he shouldered today.

I don't know, I play in 12 team leagues with 20ish offensive roster spots where you typically have to use 7 combos of RBs/WRs/TEs. So, I never got the point of the proclamation.

I'll be addressing that on the podcast.

Not that I don't want to respond but I'm going to hold off because plan all along was to talk about this more in-depth on the podcast.

common keg. please don't play spin doctor. if you want to generate discussion here, then follow through.... or are you just trying to promote your podcast?

common keg. please don't play spin doctor. if you want to generate discussion here, then follow through.... or are you just trying to promote your podcast?

Plan from the get go when I published the article was to expand talk about it on the pod. I decided at some point to link the article here to generate discussion too. Not spinning anything, sorry if you are taking it that way.

I'll be addressing that on the podcast.

I listened to one podcast. You were telling everybody to trade away Jamal Charles. Charles scored 32 points today, with 17ish to 20ish point efforts in the previous 4 weeks (and a 27 point effort against the Rams), and Charles has a favorable playoff schedule.

Edited by Bobby Brown

I listened to one and you were telling everybody to trade away Jamal Charles. Charles scored 32 points today and has a favorable playoff schedule.

Yikes! Again, maybe another example of throw it against the wall and if it sticks, I'll look like a genius. If not, just move on to the next week and throwing more up there.

I listened to one podcast. You were telling everybody to trade away Jamal Charles. Charles scored 32 points today, with 17ish to 20ish point efforts in the previous 4 weeks (and a 27 point effort against the Rams), and Charles has a favorable playoff schedule.

Yep, I did say that earlier in the season when I was concerned with the KC OL. They have played much better than I thought they would but today was the 1st that Charles rushed for over 100 yards. He's also done a great job supplementing his value with TDs because his receptions and receiving yardage is way down. Only more than 3 catches in a game twice and both were four catches and only more than 20 yards receiving in a game (44 yards) once so far. Last year in the first 10 weeks he had fewer than 4 catches just once and less than 20 yards receiving one time. For the season it was 5 with less than 4 catches and 3 with less than 20 yards receiving. There was also much more context to it than just saying to trade away Charles for a bag of chips.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. But, I instantly thought the bench Lynch thing might be an attention grab. And now we need to listen to said podcast to hear the reasoning for it? Meh. Count me out.

It was not an attention grab...you don't even have to listen to the pod...I plan to come back to this thread and will repeat what I say on the pod...just not going to do that before the pod is all.

fwiw, I don't just say things to have them thrown on the wall and see what sticks. I feel safe saying that everything I say on the pod and have written in articles and in the forums I always give my thought process and line of reasoning. Some are right, some aren't. It's the nature of the biz/game/sport or whatever you want to call it.

EDIT: I do appreciate you taking the time out to listen to one of the episodes but sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Edited by keggerz

EDIT: I do appreciate you taking the time out to listen to one of the episodes but sorry you didn't enjoy it.

Cmon now Steve.....you double downed strong on your perceived worthlessness of Jamal Charles (because if you take away his long runs, his YPC isn't all that great). I didn't agree with anything you were saying before and after the fact. But it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.

but today was the 1st that Charles rushed for over 100 yards

Yea, but he had 92 yards rushing in week 4, 95 rushing yards in week 7, and 98 yards rushing in week 10. You seemingly have a habit of compartmentalizing all of those efforts as if he rushed for 10 yards in each game if it fits into an idea you want to put forth.

Well this thread seems like when Canseco kept saying it'll be in the book (pod).... seems like a grab at listeners meh I liked your posts better when you weren't a part of the media

Not a jab at you keg just goes with the territory if you're going to wear the media badge you will be thought of as such.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe