[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do not go there RG3.... he went there

DMD

http://profootballta...eam-apparently/

Here’s what Griffin actually said: “It takes 11 men. It doesn’t take one guy. That’s proven. The great QBs — the Peytons and Aaron Rodgers. They don’t play well if their guys don’t play well. They don’t. We need everybody. I need every one of those guys in that locker room. And I know they’re looking at me saying the same thing.”

Teammate DeSean Jackson opted to articulate that sentiment far more concisely. Jackson posted the following image on his Instagram page: “You can’t do epic sh-t with basic people.” He linked to the message via Twitter, saying “this how I’m feeling today.”

http://www.nfl.com/n...mates-under-bus

It's unfortunate that anyone would take a piece of my press conference and say I threw my teammates under the bus. I would never throw my teammates under the bus! I take responsibility for my play & will play better. #‎HTTR

He's young and stupid. I thought Desean Jackson's tweet was funny. IMO RGIII will get benched soon.

Edited by Thews40

Is the day of the run-first/throw-second quarterback coming to a close? To be clear, I think a mobile quarterback is something entirely different (think A Luck). This'll tie into RG3's statements at the end...

I've never been able to fully appreciate the love affair these running QBs garner coming out of college. Yes, they are horribly impressive physical specimens and the things they do in college can often boggle the mind. But all of that gets done in college, against numerous opponents who just aren't good. Then they get to the NFL and have to play weekly against the best of the best, men who are equally, if not more so, physical than they are. Their elusiveness can only be rewarded for so long (max 3 years, IMO) before all the hits add up, defenses accommodate and force your hand, and the weakness at accuracy and timing are highlighted 10 fold. For some reason the experts want to love RG3, when he's really not that much better than Tebow.

So here is RG3, told for the past 4 or 5 years that he's the next best thing, franchise material, and the quality of NFL defenses are simply showcasing his lack of skill as a passer and he can't handle it. Russell Wilson is the exception, but even then, he's not that great and his defense is no longer winning the games like last year