[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP suspended for the remainder of the season

cincy slammers

As much as the entire process has been a complete joke I can't complain about the outcome.

Can't complain about it either, though I still believe that if this happened any previous year he would have been on the field long ago.

• Like 1

Can't complain about it either, though I still believe that if this happened any previous year he would have been on the field long ago.

Exactly. Couldn't have happened at a worse time, in terms of his chances of seeing the field again this year. On the other hand, in terms of bringing to light what is really a pretty serious issue, one could say that it couldn't have happened at a better time.

• Like 2

Perfect storm for AP. Think about, Ray Rice, DEA drug raids, new domestic abuse revelations (see today's NY Times Sports section). Not all issues are related but the NFL is fighting to protect it's brand and will continue take a hard line. It's seems harsh but not surprising.

But let's see the player's union and AP's lawyer's response. Could get very testy today.

Edited by wpayers

And I completely agree with this!

Edit: which just makes the whole thing even more of a joke.

Edited by Papajohn

I just read that AP appealed immediately. From his point of view I am not so sure that is the best decision since one of his major issues (in the eyes of the NFL) is that he seems to not even understand that he has done anything wrong.

This move is wholly seperate of whatever ruling the mediator makes with regards to yesterday's meeting, correct? What does that outcome mean in relation to the suspension?

So, if this gets upheld and Peterson is suspended for the entire season without pay does that mean that he has to give back the game checks that he has been getting all this time?

The without pay is for the rest of the season.

This move is wholly seperate of whatever ruling the mediator makes with regards to yesterday's meeting, correct? What does that outcome mean in relation to the suspension?

correct so essentially if the arbitrator rules that ap come of the commissioners exempt list, then he is eligible to play on appeal of his suspension .. whether or not he does is then up in the air

I can't help but wonder about if all those that are up in arms about the AP suspension are AP owners or are upset with the process of it all.

Both. Case should have never involved the NFL or anyone outside the family. Hurts AP and worse the kid. Poor kid is the victim twice in all this. Mom is an idiot and should have handled this different. A good beating is what is missing with most our kids these days.

Yeah, I a bit bummed that I finally got AP and he's useless to me. However, I think this opens the door for JJ to go and get AP to run in Dallas next year which is nice.

• Like 1

I'm an owner but ff aside I think the whole thing is a joke. You look at a guy like josh Gordon.. where is his remorse for his breaches of the e personal conduct policy. What treatment has he completed. He's been suspended 3 straight years and still gets to play. AP is dealt with in court for something that the court ruled as merely a misdemenor... I'm upset for him because he's being used as an example and the nfl's image damage control

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder about if all those that are up in arms about the AP suspension are AP owners or are upset with the process of it all.

Definitely the process, though I do own AP now. But even more so than the process is the hypocrisy.

• Like 1

Both. Case should have never involved the NFL or anyone outside the family. Hurts AP and worse the kid. Poor kid is the victim twice in all this. Mom is an idiot and should have handled this different. A good beating is what is missing with most our kids these days.

Yeah, I a bit bummed that I finally got AP and he's useless to me. However, I think this opens the door for JJ to go and get AP to run in Dallas next year which is nice.

I don't know why you feel that way considering the NFL has a personal conduct policy (agreed upon in the CBA).
  • Like 2

I don't know why you feel that way considering the NFL has a personal conduct policy (agreed upon in the CBA).

I mean the NFL should have never been aware of the issue. Family should have handled it and Peterson seems like the kid of guy that would see he went to far that time and would most likely never do it again. To have this public witch hunt over a whoopen of his own son is pretty sad. Just should never had been public court room for the kids sake. I can't imagine the effect the pubic trial has had on the kid and their relationship. Just sad that's all.

• Like 1

I'm an owner but ff aside I think the whole thing is a joke. You look at a guy like josh Gordon.. where is his remorse for his breaches of the e personal conduct policy. What treatment has he completed. He's been suspended 3 straight years and still gets to play. AP is dealt with in court for something that the court ruled as merely a misdemenor... I'm upset for him because he's being used as an example and the nfl's image damage control

Great point about Gordon. But isn't this all about timing? I don't mean timing as in 2014 vs 2013. I mean Nov 18th vs even Nov 1st. The NFL is facing an image disaster and they have dug into fight this , and several other issues, on a daily basis. The process is incidental.

The timing of other events is crucial. I think this DEA raiding business is going to be a major story. The NFL probably has moved on from AP. They maybe be preparing for the Battle of the Bulge and AP is a mere bed bug

Edited by wpayers