[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYJ / BUF

darin3

Not happy about this...not because I have anyone playing, but my opponent does and I absolutely loathe matchups where I have to watch as a player eats in to my (hopeful) lead

Its absolutely nuts here in buffalo right now, about 5-6 feet of snow at my house at the moment. They are offering $10 and hr and free tickets for people to come help shovel, But there are driving bans everywhere and people trapped in cars and roofs collapsing. I doubt it will be held here on sunday, possible monday night or moved to PIT/DET/WAS. It is supposed to warm up into 50s over the weekend and rain, will be tons of flooding and a mess here. Pissed because i had tickets though.

Edited by Bamer27

Its absolutely nuts here in buffalo right now, about 5-6 feet of snow at my house at the moment. They are offering $10 and hr and free tickets for people to come help shovel, But there are driving bans everywhere and people trapped in cars and roofs collapsing. I doubt it will be held here on sunday, possible monday night or moved to PIT/DET/WAS. It is supposed to warm up into 50s over the weekend and rain, will be tons of flooding and a mess here. Pissed because i had tickets though.

Ruh-roh.

Good luck to you and everybody there.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Have been following this discussion in another forum, including lots of tweets and updates from Adam Schefter and the other usual experts. Here are some of the highlights (we're all still guessing, but over the afternoon these guys have torn through every scenario). Here is my list of the possible venues and the reasons for/against them

Buffalo - not likely, even Mon/Tue they're now saying they may not be able to host the Browns next Sunday afternoon.

Toronto - every player, coach and staff member would need a passport. Vick as a convicted felon would not be allowed to enter Canada, even though he may be able to get a passport (unless they make some exception). So that is probably out

NY/NJ - that is essentially making the Jets the home team, and seems entirely unfair, every other neutral site should be explored

PIT - they have HS playoffs on Friday, and a PIT game on Saturday, other times they've done that followed by an NFL game the field was garbage, and most believe that would be the case again

WAS - there is a Ravens game in BAL, but that shouldn't matter

CLE - not even being discussed, outdoor and also along a lake that can have better weather, probablyt best to skip it

DET - this seems to make the most sense, indoor, available, and they could leave the CBS TV truck and equipment there for the Lions Thanksgivng game

As the BUF resident here pointed out, the tons of snow, warming temps and rain for the weekend is going to be a mess. If they are concerned about the stadium being ready 10 days from now, how could they be ready in 3-5 (Sun-Tue).

Finally yes, people will show up. Recall the Chargers game moved to AZ because of the wild fires, I recall they give tickets away free to the local college students, and don't think it was a marquee matchup.

Now the affect on fantasy, I have the Bills D and Bryce Brown, Brown will probably play no matter what. But I was already considering the Chiefs D at OAK tonight, both decent defenses facing horrible offenses. Now the Bills may be on the road as well, and the limited prep time for the TNF games usually results in more mistakes. Think I'm rolling with the Chiefs tonight.

Toronto - every player, coach and staff member would need a passport. Vick as a convicted felon would not be allowed to enter Canada, even though he may be able to get a passport (unless they make some exception). So that is probably out

From a practical perspective, apparently the Rogers Centre is available on Sunday, but I threw out the Toronto option in jest. But you do know they played 8 games here over the last half decade right? The customs issue isn't really the problem - except maybe how short the lead time is to get any waivers, etc. The reason it won't happen is there is some animosity between the Bills (and their fans) and the whole "Bills in Toronto" series adventure.

Edited by nelsosi

Have been following this discussion in another forum, including lots of tweets and updates from Adam Schefter and the other usual experts. Here are some of the highlights (we're all still guessing, but over the afternoon these guys have torn through every scenario). Here is my list of the possible venues and the reasons for/against them

Buffalo - not likely, even Mon/Tue they're now saying they may not be able to host the Browns next Sunday afternoon.

NY/NJ - that is essentially making the Jets the home team, and seems entirely unfair, every other neutral site should be explored

PIT - they have HS playoffs on Friday, and a PIT game on Saturday, other times they've done that followed by an NFL game the field was garbage, and most believe that would be the case again

WAS - there is a Ravens game in BAL, but that shouldn't matter

CLE - not even being discussed, outdoor and also along a lake that can have better weather, probablyt best to skip it

DET - this seems to make the most sense, indoor, available, and they could leave the CBS TV truck and equipment there for the Lions Thanksgivng game

As the BUF resident here pointed out, the tons of snow, warming temps and rain for the weekend is going to be a mess. If they are concerned about the stadium being ready 10 days from now, how could they be ready in 3-5 (Sun-Tue).

Finally yes, people will show up. Recall the Chargers game moved to AZ because of the wild fires, I recall they give tickets away free to the local college students, and don't think it was a marquee matchup.

Now the affect on fantasy, I have the Bills D and Bryce Brown, Brown will probably play no matter what. But I was already considering the Chiefs D at OAK tonight, both decent defenses facing horrible offenses. Now the Bills may be on the road as well, and the limited prep time for the TNF games usually results in more mistakes. Think I'm rolling with the Chiefs tonight.

Excellent research and input. You put more thought into this one post than all the posts I've made this year!

Yes I know Bills have been playing games in Toronto over the recent past, but not this year which means many new players, coaches, staff etc may not have passports, and the Jets were not preparing for this. So the short time frame makes it nearly impossible. And you were not the only one (maybe here) proposing Toronto.

One key thing to keep in mind is the travel issues along, getting the Bills team from Buffalo to the wherever they play could be difficult, have those guys all dug out? I know on Mon/Tue there was talk of them using their tablets to start preparing for the game, since they would not be able to get practice (not sure if they had any practice yesterday or today).

wpayers,

Thank you, not really so much research as just restating the volume of discussion I was following on another forum. (Sports broadcasting geeks who analyze every detail and propose tons of bizarre possibilities.)

Would not be fair to make a team play a home game in the opponent's stadium. Just ask the 2005 Saints when they had to do that. So a true neutral site is a better alternative.

Hence my "seriously" response. Plus the fact that another team had just played there the day prior. Just not a good situation altogether.