[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NYJ / BUF

darin3

This is bullhonda. We are the United trucking States of America dammit! We can't solve this problem, then we are in trouble as a country. This is the exact time these cheap ass owners - all 32 of them - buck up and get something done. Remind us all why this country kicks ass. Because we get honda done! Even if Mother Nature hates us right now! Pay neighboring states for plows and help. Whatever it takes for Buffalo!

#DigOutBuffalo

:usa:

Hey Goodell - you need some good PR right now. Then dig out Buffalo for the game.

I've been a few times to the city. People were always very nice. And I love me some beef on weck.

#DigOutBuffalo

Couldn't they just use the Jets stadium but allow tickets from Buffalo to be used? Wouldn't this be the shortest distance for fans of the Bills to travel to?

It's actually under 6 hours to drive from Buffalo to Detroit which is probably similar to the time it would take to drive to NYC.

As previously stated, it appears that Detroit is the site. Within the past hour, Greg Aiello tweeted that, "We are also in discussions with the team and the Red Cross on ways the NFL can support the community through this weather disaster". Effectively, the NFL is playing the safety card here. Keeping folks off the road. That means NOT having Buffalo fans get in their cars and haul it to Detroit.

This is a logistical and safety challenge; who eventually sits in the seats is secondary. Home team advantage is also down the list.

Couldn't they just use the Jets stadium but allow tickets from Buffalo to be used? Wouldn't this be the shortest distance for fans of the Bills to travel to?

Would depend how they travel, if the go through Canada to get to Detroit (yes that means passports for the Bills team & staff) it is 255, or its about 360 through PA/OH to Detroit and about the same to Met Life. Buffalo is about as far as you can get from NYC and still be in NY. It isn't as close as you're thinking.

Besides, you really think many area fans digging out from 4-6 feet of snow are going to drive 250-350 miles for this?

I'm starting to think most people who've rarely dealt with any serious snow storm have a clue just how bad this is.

Unless you were born and raised in western NY, you could never imgine what its like to wake up and have a snow drift at the second story window and open your front door to a wall of snow? It is a true disaster and football is the least of there worries. These people are used to blizzards and are quite frankly overwhelmed.

• Like 1

I actually read the venue will be either Detroit or Washington, DC (which makes absolutely NO sense), although that could be "old" info...although, it wouldn't surprise me if Dan Snyder could somehow figure out how to make an extra buck on Buffalo's misfortune...

@stevegrab - doesn't Buffalo typically play at least one or two games (either pre-season or regular) in Toronto? So, I would presume the team/staff all have passports in order to embark upon the shortest route to Detroit...

@stevegrab - doesn't Buffalo typically play at least one or two games (either pre-season or regular) in Toronto? So, I would presume the team/staff all have passports in order to embark upon the shortest route to Detroit...

NFL teams fly to their road games so they would also fly there.

assuming the airport isn't closed... :)

also, but it's certainly a lot closer and I'm not 100% sure about this, but i believe when the 'Skins travel to Philly they take either the train or bus...could be wrong about that, though.

Edited by the outlaw

Yes Bills would fly to Detroit, guess I was just looking at general travel distance or thought air travel could be limited.

And to answer the question about Bills playinf in Toronto, yes they had been playing a regular season game there the last 2-3 years, but did not have one scheduled for 2014.

Hearing now that the team is or was working on plans to get all the players to the airport. Many live in the south suburbs that were hit the worst. Travel bans are still in pace, some may still be trapped in their homes or neighborhoods.

If Ralph Wilson stadium isn't ready for Browns-Bills next weekend (11/30) I could see that game played in Detroit as well. Stadium is available from what I see. Should not be played in Cleveland.

I have a few friends in Buffalo that will be coming to visit. The hardest areas hit with the snow are somewhat small as it was a very secifically targeted area of lake effect snow. A lot of folks in the area only had 6-8 inches. I can see quite a few die hards coming to the D for the game. I guess I have a game to go to now.

I have a few friends in Buffalo that will be coming to visit. The hardest areas hit with the snow are somewhat small as it was a very secifically targeted area of lake effect snow. A lot of folks in the area only had 6-8 inches. I can see quite a few die hards coming to the D for the game. I guess I have a game to go to now.

I'm curious are they driving there or flying? If driving are they going through Canada? Seems like trying to drive from there through PA and OH could be hard, Cleveland news sent a crew up that way and they were stuck in Hamburg NY.