[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am in 3rd place in a non H2H league with THIS team?

Papa Deuce

Don't ask how I got all these good players.... but mostly it is that when we draft someone, we can keep them as long as we like, and we have up to 5 keepers, with a mandatory 4 keepers.

I will just list starters, and who should have been starters......

QB Matt Ryan

RB Bradshaw ( but I had Peterson )

RB Murray

WR Julio

WR Maclin

WR Calvin

TE Julius Thomas

K Gostkowski

D CLE

We do not have a flex.

And, in the 19th round I picked up Josh Gordon, who I started today over Julio... I plan to play Gordon every week from here, and will sit the WR who seems to have the worst match up.

While I can't believe that I am in 3rd place with this team, and it is killing me, this really isn't a complaint because this is WHY I don't like H2H..... H2H is "fake" to me..... you can lose week after week just because the other team has a great week. And a great team might not even make the playoffs. My "great team", is really not playing well.

Our league plays 17 weeks for all teams. After tonight I will be about 75 points behind the 1st place team..... Which is how it should be when my team has been so bad for the last several weeks. I would hate to be the team with the most points in the league and be 7 -5 after today, like happens with H2H, sometimes.

That doesn't sound as entertaining to me...I like the aspect of going up against a specific opponent and their team each week

You still do go H2H, but the H2H results are not what determines what wins the league. In our league we use weekly H2H for betting purposes. Sometimes it is money, sometimes a bottle of liquor.... a fine cigar...... whatever the 2 people agree to bet. In that sense it can be MORE fun because each week you have a potential payoff to make or a win to collect. I have already won more in side bets this season than I will win if I win the league.

Don't ask how I got all these good players.... but mostly it is that when we draft someone, we can keep them as long as we like, and we have up to 5 keepers, with a mandatory 4 keepers.

I will just list starters, and who should have been starters......

QB Matt Ryan

RB Bradshaw ( but I had Peterson )

RB Murray

WR Julio

WR Maclin

WR Calvin

TE Julius Thomas

K Gostkowski

D CLE

We do not have a flex.

And, in the 19th round I picked up Josh Gordon, who I started today over Julio... I plan to play Gordon every week from here, and will sit the WR who seems to have the worst match up.

While I can't believe that I am in 3rd place with this team, and it is killing me, this really isn't a complaint because this is WHY I don't like H2H..... H2H is "fake" to me..... you can lose week after week just because the other team has a great week. And a great team might not even make the playoffs. My "great team", is really not playing well.

Our league plays 17 weeks for all teams. After tonight I will be about 75 points behind the 1st place team..... Which is how it should be when my team has been so bad for the last several weeks. I would hate to be the team with the most points in the league and be 7 -5 after today, like happens with H2H, sometimes.

Actually, looking at your team, you are lucky to be where you are! You're really riding Murray's season. Thomas, Calvin and Bradshaw have lost significant time due to injury. You're lucky Murray hasn't gone down, which he usually does.

Keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers of thanks that you got this far with a crappy team.

You still do go H2H, but the H2H results are not what determines what wins the league. In our league we use weekly H2H for betting purposes. Sometimes it is money, sometimes a bottle of liquor.... a fine cigar...... whatever the 2 people agree to bet. In that sense it can be MORE fun because each week you have a potential payoff to make or a win to collect. I have already won more in side bets this season than I will win if I win the league.

So your H2H matchups are simple grudge matches that don't affect the league as whole. I suppose that could be fun.

I've heard of leagues that don't do H2H but then award wins to the top 6 (12 teams) scoring teams each week. Or you play all opponents each week and use those standings.

I think the vast majority like/prefer H2H. Sure that great scoring team could miss the playoffs, is happening in our league this year and it isn't the first time. Current 3rd place in points is 5-7 and eliminated from the playoffs. They have the highest points scored against them, which happens to be about 40 more than their total. Average for the league in points against is about 1035, he has 1170+.

One way to deal with that which I've heard some leagues using is to do some playoff spots based on points scored instead of record. Say the last playoff spot is highest remaining points scored, instead of next best record. All our playoff teams will have at least 7 wins, and the team I mentioned above is currently 5-7.