[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league sleepers

juggs

I'm in a keeper league and every year there are middle tier or injured players, who end up being strong RB/WR1 or 2 the following year. These often are guys injured preseason or early in year, or are not in #1 positions and get the started role via FAA.

Any suggestions on guys that would not be on a roster in typical 12 team / 15player per team league???

Our FA pick up period ends in 2 weeks and looking for gems to stash for next year.

I am sure that some of these dudes are rostered, but here's a few RBs off the top of my head:

Taliaferro

Andre Williams

CJ Spiller

Roy Helu

Tyler Gaffney

Jonathan Grimes

Donald Brown

Kadeem Carey

Theo Riddick

Davonte Freeman

James White

Doug Martin

Robert Turbin

Zac Stacy

Benny Cunningham

Potential RB:

Hyde(Could Start)

Seattle guys(Could Start)

Freeman(Could Start)

L. Murray(Could Start)

Carey(Forte is older with a lot of carries)

J. Stewart(Williams is very old)

Riddick(Could take Reggie's role)

Blue(Foster is injury prone)

Herron(Bradshaw in contract year, Richardson sucks)

Taliaferro(Forsett in contract year, might want more than Ravens are willing to pay him)

A. Smith(Contract year, could get a job somewhere he would actually get carries)

Potential WR:

Moncrief(Personal favorite/major keeper sleeper. Wayne is getting old, and Moncrief is busting with potential)

Terrence Williams(Dez could be gone, though I doubt it)

Adams(Cobb could be gone though I doubt it, even with Cobb the Packers can support 3 fantasy relevant WRs)

Bruce Ellington(Crabtree could be gone, Boldin is getting older)

Jordan Matthews(Not much of a sleeper anymore, but has major upside with Maclin likely gone)

Cody Latimer(Welker is getting old, might now be back, and while I doubt either Thomas will be gone, it is possible)

D. Thomas(Explosive player that could be used in a lot of ways on a team without much at WR)

Louis Murphy(Already a factor this year, should continue to improve)

John Brown(Seems like a future stud, should get better)

Paul Richardson(Not much infront of him on the depth chart, could be the Seahawks WR1 at any point)

If I had to chose 1 WR I'd go Moncrief and one RB(excluding Hyde, everyone knows all about him) I'd go Herron, or if you are looking for a deeper sleeper I'd go Antone Smith

Edited by willswear3
  • Like 1

Donte Moncreif (WR - Colts). Nicks will be cut at the end of the season and Wayne is better quited fo the #3 WR as he has lost a few steps and, while a reliable short yardage WR, is no longer a deep threat. I beleive, but am not sure, he is a UFA at the end of this season too.

I have grabbed Moncreif in my dynasty league and feel of this incredibly deep rookie class, he will be one of the best ones as soon as next season.

• Like 1