[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Ellington?

Matt07chs

He might be out 1-2 weeks. His remaining schedule is tough even if that isn't the case and I might never see myself starting him.

My current RBs are Eddie Lacy, Fred Jackson, Isaiah Crowell, and Ryan Mathews.

Playoffs start next week.

He's very talented, but his talent is useless when Stanton is the QB.

I think that's a little aggressive. Even if you don't need him do you really want to let someone else have him?

AGREED.....i WILL HANG ONTO HIM, BUT CAN'T START HIM IN 1ST ROUND OF PLAYOFFS, AND WILL LIKELY GET BOUNCED ANYWAY, SO eLLINGTON THEM BECOMES A "MOOT POINT".....boom, COME ON DOWN TO TAKE eLLINGTON'S PLACE !

I wouldn't drop him at all. If he's not seriously hurt and doesn't miss any time, he's still a starter in an rb2/flex spot. He's been great all year other than the past few games and they need him now more than ever so if he does play next week and the following weeks, expect him to get an increased work load as the Cardinals look to hang on to their division lead. He doesn't have an awful schedule left either and hes a very dynamic player with big play potential every time he touches the ball.

Edited by P2Nation21

So... His hip injury is now Severe...

Still should waste a bench spot on him?

Just curious, where did you hear that?

From Yahoo Fantasy:

Coach Bruce Arians said Andre Ellington is dealing with a "severe" hip pointer and will be a game-time decision for Week 14 against the Chiefs.

Advice: It sure sounds like Ellington is on the wrong side of questionable. He won't practice this week. If Ellington can't go, Marion Grice would draw the start, but all four of Grice, Stepfan Taylor, Michael Bush, and Robert Hughes could see carries. The Cardinals then come back on a short week in Week 15 when they travel to St. Louis for Thursday Night Football. Injuries are catching up with Arizona.

Edited by Zeus69

Per Alex Marvez twitter:

.@BruceArians - RB Andre Ellington has "severe" hip-pointer. Probably won't practice this week; Hope he can go v #Chiefs; game-day decision

I also read that he's already viewed as a GTD, will not practice all week, and that Grice could start.

3 weeks left. Even if he somehow plays this Sunday, there's no way I can start him.

Eddie Lacy and Crowell are automatic starts from here on out.

I just have to worry about my Flex position. With Golden Tate, Keenan Allen, Fred Jackson, Jordan Matthews, and Ryan Mathews on my team... Is there any way I can start Ellington over any of them any week?

Edited by Matt07chs
  • Like 1

I think he can be dropped in some leagues(yours appears to be one he might be able to be dropped in because of the small bench) but the real question is, who would you be picking up? If you're in one of the 15 percent of ESPN leagues that CJ Anderson is available in, then sure, drop Ellington, but if you're gonna be picking up CJ2K after his "big" game Monday night, then I don't really see the point.