[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

sksmith

Who's that one player that keeps getting sold as valuable, you've tried multiple times, and continues to burn you with each forgiveness?

For me, it's Eli...towards the end of every season there comes that game where my starting QB has a really scary matchup, and there sits Eli on the wire. I mean, he's got OBJ for gawd sakes! And it's Jacksonville! I'm not expecting greatness, but he can't suck total rear-end...oh, look at him just sucking Kardashian sized rear-end, face first too, it's just ugly!

Never again! (until next year)

Edited by sksmith

Cutler and Rivers, in opposite weeks usually (after one lays and egg and I switch to the other they blow up, or at least play better).

DITTO, this ^ for me! It has been so bad for me trying to pick the "right" one on a weekly basis, that I actually picked-up Tannehill this week, who of course is laying a goose egg so far, tonight, and I was only down by 2, going against Decker...really rethinking the whole Rivers benching this week... :(

Yup Eli is my main problem. I started him against Jax because like someone said..its JAX! Then i have Rivers goin off on my bench. Now i kno im gunna switch them this week and it will be the opposite of Eli going off And Rivers suckin. The good thing this week was i didnt need Rivers to win.

Yup Eli is my main problem. I started him against Jax because like someone said..its JAX! Then i have Rivers goin off on my bench. Now i kno im gunna switch them this week and it will be the opposite of Eli going off And Rivers suckin. The good thing this week was i didnt need Rivers to win.

Yep! He's what aggravated me enough to start the thread! Matty Ice against the ARI defense just scared me too much and Eli against JAX should've at least produced okay results. So 2.9 pts from Eli and something like 17 for Ryan on the bench.

And now I go look at this week's schedule and Matty travels to GB; another scary matchup for him. Look who Eli has, TEN!!! Aaarrrrggghhh!

The TE position is absolutely killing me this year, too...cannot for the life of me find any consistency there...

Did that with kickers all year this year, I didn't manage over 7 points til last week

This is my season in a nutshell: I've been outscored 143-83 at the kicker position this year including 35-8 the last two weeks. Lost both games by single digits. I've been through a bundle of kickers and I get each of them for their 3 point weeks. First year I've experienced this nightmare.

TE has been brutal as well. I have one TE TD all year (Donnell) and start the wrong guy every week. I had Pitta, then Paul, then traded for Donnell, then added Clay, then Rudolph. Thought I was set with Pitta.

I can make the playoffs with a win this weekend, but I play the best team in the league and still have to choose between Rudolph and Donnell and am trying to pick up Barth or Bryant to replace Dawson.

This is my season in a nutshell: I've been outscored 143-83 at the kicker position this year including 35-8 the last two weeks. Lost both games by single digits. I've been through a bundle of kickers and I get each of them for their 3 point weeks. First year I've experienced this nightmare.

TE has been brutal as well. I have one TE TD all year (Donnell) and start the wrong guy every week. I had Pitta, then Paul, then traded for Donnell, then added Clay, then Rudolph. Thought I was set with Pitta.

I can make the playoffs with a win this weekend, but I play the best team in the league and still have to choose between Rudolph and Donnell and am trying to pick up Barth or Bryant to replace Dawson.

Same problem here. Drafted Dawson and then cut him before he started doing well. I've been rolling with Cantanzaro since who has been OK.

Drafted Reed at TE who has been horrible. Had one solid game out of Niles Paul but have since struggled. One garbage TD from Rivera and the lone TD grab from Rudolph has been glorious.

Do I dare pick up Reed and start him this week knowing he will probably give me a goose egg?

Sure why not.

Garcon fooled me several times this year. Once I finally had better options from the waiver wire, no more fooling from him. He had two HUGH games early on this year, one with RG3 and one with Cousins. And Jay Gruden keeps saying they need to get him more involved. But that ship has sailed...

Exact same here. Won without Rivers and secured my bye. A lost and still would have made playoffs but no bye, I would have been kicking myself severely.

• Like 1

Same problem ...

2 weeks ago I started Cutler over Romo

Cutler vs Bucs : 7 points

Romo vs Giants : 25 points on my bench

Last week I started Romo over Cutler

Romo vs Eagles : 3 points

Cutler vs Lions : 15 points on my bench

You know man...part of the struggle with these guys, IMHO, is that QB is not as matchup sensitive as other positions. I have been starting the guy with best matchup and it has been wrong a lot. I think all that matters is the quality of the opposing pass rush for these pocket passer types.

• Like 1

For years, my answer to that question was Jermichael Finley. I honestly don't know what to say, now that I own him on ZERO of my teams.

Most of the guys I have stuck with have paid off eventually. My bigger issue (this year) has been holding guys for 2 months, then dropping them the week before they blow up (C.J. Anderson, for example). But, overall, I've had more good holds than I have bad drops, if that makes sense.

You know man...part of the struggle with these guys, IMHO, is that QB is not as matchup sensitive as other positions. I have been starting the guy with best matchup and it has been wrong a lot. I think all that matters is the quality of the opposing pass rush for these pocket passer types.

You know I haven't really been looking at it that way, but you're absolutely right.

Who are you starting this week?

Cowboys have 19 sacks and Bears have 29 if that stat helps at all.

You know I haven't really been looking at it that way, but you're absolutely right.

Who are you starting this week?

Cowboys have 19 sacks and Bears have 29 if that stat helps at all.

Well I was going Romo...but now I might just go pick up Mettenberger...damnit!

I haven't looked closely yet, but will come back to this thread once I do my homework.

• Like 1

^ This makes sense and perhaps oversimplifies the weekly match-up decision. I've been basing my QB starter decision primarily on the opponents' overall pass defense ranking (e.g., opponent pass defense rank 30 = great, rank 1 = poor match-up, etc.), but my understanding is those rankings are based purely upon yardage allowed (at least I think I heard that somewhere). However, breaking it down even further to say, # of sacks may be the best indicator. I don't know. What I do know is that my weekly QB scoring has been very inconsistent when streaming Cutler and Rivers (and just this past week, Tannehill, who gave me a big fat goose egg!).

Edited by the outlaw