[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blocked Punt by Dolphins D/ST?

Rileyrott

D Jordan (#95) of the Dolphins partially blocked a NYJ punt at 4:22 left in the 3rd Qtr, but CBS did not score it as such. He clearly got a good piece of the ball, but the Jets got +7 yards on the play. Chucky described it as a blocked punt, Jordan's 2nd of the year.

This is crucial because we get 2 points for a blocked punt, and I'm at 159.8, and my opponent is at 161.6, and I have the Dolphins D/ST.

Was this scored as a blocked punt on other web sites? NFL? Anywhere?

My guess is it has to stay behind the line of scrimmage to be scored a blocked punt. The kick was called a 6 yard punt during the game so it wouldn't meet that criteria.

And I won by 2 points playing against this DST so I'd like to know as well. Those 2 points would give us a tie….in a loser go home last playoff spot game...time to research tiebreaker rules.

I am curious about this as well. Week 2 this year I lost a matchup after stat corrections when they changed a Steven Hauschka missed field goal to a blocked field goal. A Denver player got just enough of the kick to knock it off course, but it wasn't an obvious block. I don't understand why that we be any different than blocking a punt? If a defensive players gets a piece of it you would think it would be a block. Stat corrections I believe will be out in the morning, it may change

Edited by Finn5033

My guess is it has to stay behind the line of scrimmage to be scored a blocked punt. The kick was called a 6 yard punt during the game so it wouldn't meet that criteria.

That is how I understood a blocked punt is scored. People may refer to this as a blocked punt, but it isn't scored that way.