[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall to hospital

DMD

Damn. Hope hes ok

Just speculating but I wonder if he got his ribs broken and they punctured any surrounding organs.

Just speculating but I wonder if he got his ribs broken and they punctured any surrounding organs.

Just this past week, we heard the phrase "lacerated spleen". Which sounds absolutely just awful. I wonder how Justin Hunter is doing.

Hopefully Marshall's just going to the hospital as a precaution.

Just this past week, we heard the phrase "lacerated spleen". Which sounds absolutely just awful. I wonder how Justin Hunter is doing.

Hopefully Marshall's just going to the hospital as a precaution.

I agree. Hunter is doing better and has been released from the hospital.

Sounds like broken rib(s) with concern of internal damage...even without actual puncture of an organ, a shard of bone floating around in there isn't a safe thing and they would most likely remove via surgery. He's done for year if broken ribs

Interesting to me that they're not divulging what it is.... which makes me think it could be something other than an injury from playing football.

I've been in and out of my home office watching every so often so didn't see if he got hit hard or anything.... anyone know if that happened?

Interesting to me that they're not divulging what it is.... which makes me think it could be something other than an injury from playing football.

I've been in and out of my home office watching every so often so didn't see if he got hit hard or anything.... anyone know if that happened?

He got hit but it didn't look like anything out of the normal. Nothing super hard but just a perfectly placed hit and I do feel that it's broken ribs with internal damage of some kind.

He jumped, caught a pass, landed in a sitting down position, took a knee in the lower back from a tackler.

It didn't look like a bad hit, nothing dirty.

yep. Definitely a hard knee to the back/ribs. Hopefully is just precautionary.

He walked to the locker room

Yeah, they just showed it again and definitely a rib, maybe kidney issue.

when I saw the hit, my initial reaction was broken ribs

I was thinking of Miles Austin who spent several nights in a Buffalo area hospital after a hit in the Browns game last weekend, then went on season ending IR.

That's a rash of similar injuries (hadn't seen the details on Hunter) all in a short time. Wonder if there will be talk in the offseason of changes to make the game even safer. I'd hope they don't go overboard and instead address it with more pads or something.

Per the Score in Chicago,

Brandon Marshall was still in the hospital Friday afternoon. He has two fractured ribs and lung injury.

They didn't say what the lung injury was.

Edit: Trestman just said Marshall won't play in Week 15, not a surprise.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Brandon Marshall was still in the hospital Friday afternoon. He has two fractured ribs and lung injury.

Yikes. I have to admit from the replays the hit didn't look that bad, must have hit him just right to break the ribs.

Edit: Trestman just said Marshall won't play in Week 15, not a surprise.

Saw this myself. I would imagine at this point he's not even worth a hold in a re-draft league. He is surely an EXTREME long shot for week 16 and should he play he would undoubtedly be more of a decoy and be on limited snaps. The Bears aren't making a playoff push so you would think they will shut him down for the rest of the season.

Edited by Rimmytose