[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Injury Vent

Ver monster

Not sure fantasy football is for me, I didn't want to be a whiner, but need to vent.

I'm not sure I can endure this another season. Marshall had 3 catches for 60 plus yards early and then got hit and is headed to the locker room. Yet if I win this game I am in playoffs. Here are my injuries:

Adrian Peterson(child abuse, how was I to know?), Nick Foles(first QB), J Reed (first half of season), Carson Palmer (2 QB), Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Ellington, J McKinnon, L Murray(just 2 weeks, but still!), B Quick, D Allen (missed 3 weeks), and now Marshall! All the players I selected in the first seven rounds are or were injured except for one who I had to trade for a QB! Frustrated!

This is my first year playing: is my injury list typical? I sure as hell don't see other teams suffering as much as I am. Thank you for listening!

Sometimes you are the dog. sometimes you are the hydrant. It all evens out eventually.

LoL! That's great!

To answer your question, this isn't typical, and you did get pretty unlucky. You can help yourself in these situations by being active on the waiver wire and owning key backups to your big players. For example, if you have Jamaal Charles it's very important to also own Knile Davis. With Ellington or Peterson, it's much less clear who to have though.

I'm sure your luck will be better next year :tup:

• Like 1

Thank you for those responses. I enjoyed my first go at fantasy football as frustrating as it was. I worked the waiver wire hard as well as trades reacting to each additional injury. I feel I did all right considering I could still sneak into the playoffs (mostly because of a weak division). I am hooked for better or, most likely, for worse. Though I hope you all are right that there will be better luck next year with injuries. I probably will have a 2-10 team with no injuries. :-). Thanks again.