[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manziel to start?

NEMS

If Gordon doesn't know the playbook or the terminology then a new QB won't change anything. The best thing to do would be to have Gordon put his helmet on backwards, tell him to run and don't look back and then throw to his head and hope the ball gets stuck in his face mask.

• Like 1

Leaf wasn't hyped that much to be considered "Most over-hyped in NFL history". I think that distinction belongs to The Boz or perhaps that one dude in Oakland that could throw 70yds sitting on his arse.

Culpepper.

Edited by irish

Why Gordon does not know the offense or terminology is a mystery to me. He had 10 games and pre-season to work it out. Did he not train, study while he was away? Sorry but I'm not buying it.

He was not practicing with the team during that 11 week (10 games) he was suspended. He could train and be in the facility and sit in on full team meetings. But he was not permitted to attend position (WR or offense) type meetings. He himself mentioned that he doesn't know the playbook, and the part about terminology changes. I read it in an article in the local paper, you can choose to believe ir ot not.

Here you go from Dec 4 (before the IND game, so after his first game back and another half week of practice).

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/josh_gordon_still_catching_up.html

Also watch the games if you don't believe, he looks lost and out of place. Another fan I work with mentioned he heard they were sitting him down a lot (taking him out on plays) because he was not making any effort and casually walking his routes when he wasn't involved in the play. Defense picked up on that and moved their attention away from him.

I am not just hating on Gordon as some may think. Just trying to share the info I hear from local sources. BTW a search for "gordon browns playbook terminology" in Google also turned up multiple articles on other sites (ESPN) about this.

In the first game in Atlanta he had a couple of short grabs where he really ran hard and got some good yardage after the catch. In that game he looked as if he was really trying. I didn't see the other games. Is it possible he was disenchanted with Hoyer?

Edited by Scorcher

Anything is possible but I've heard nothing about him being disenchanted. I also didn't notice those plays where he was not going all out (that I mentioned where the defense knows he's not involved). I'm going mostly off of what I read and my gut which told be when he was returning that this would not be like last year after the 2 missed games.

He may also just be pissed he had to miss all this time, and as he sees them losing feels the season is slipping away and he has lost his chance to contribute at a high level and get a little redemption (for being suspended and missing over half the season).

Kim Kardashian wanted to break the internet with her pictures but Im pretty sure Manziel will break the internet if he has a monster game Sunday.

Let's hope that happens, I'm plugging him in as my QB2 this week. :out:

FYI

There is going to be a massive switch in markets getting this game, originally only OH, WV, and parts of KY, IN, PA near the CLE/CIN markets. Now already all of Texas plus a few others, and expected that some of the western states and some other neutral markets will get the game, switching from GB-BUF. The distribution numbers were originally something like CIN-CLE=10%, GB-BUF=61%, now going to be about 48% for CIN-CLE and only 20% for GB-BUF.

You can see if you're getting that game here (these maps are very accurate and often referenced by various media sites)

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=15

There was also a shuffling of announcers with Burkhardt/Lynch now doing CIN-CLE, swapping with Kutcher/Diehl for GB-BUF (Justin Kutcher replaces Brennaman who is out with voice problems).

As somebody mentioned elsewhere to me, this is Fox's only chance to get in on Manziel Mania this year, so they're swinging for huge ratings.

Why Gordon does not know the offense or terminology is a mystery to me. He had 10 games and pre-season to work it out. Did he not train, study while he was away? Sorry but I'm not buying it.

Not being able to practice with the team is a huge deal. Studying the playbook does nothing for timing.

• Like 1

FYI

There is going to be a massive switch in markets getting this game, originally only OH, WV, and parts of KY, IN, PA near the CLE/CIN markets. Now already all of Texas plus a few others, and expected that some of the western states and some other neutral markets will get the game, switching from GB-BUF. The distribution numbers were originally something like CIN-CLE=10%, GB-BUF=61%, now going to be about 48% for CIN-CLE and only 20% for GB-BUF.

You can see if you're getting that game here (these maps are very accurate and often referenced by various media sites)

http://506sports.com...p?yr=2014&wk=15

There was also a shuffling of announcers with Burkhardt/Lynch now doing CIN-CLE, swapping with Kutcher/Diehl for GB-BUF (Justin Kutcher replaces Brennaman who is out with voice problems).

As somebody mentioned elsewhere to me, this is Fox's only chance to get in on Manziel Mania this year, so they're swinging for huge ratings.

Looks like a few stations reverted to the GB-BUF game at the last minute, mostly in Kansas and Missouri by the looks of things. I wanted to watch JF, dammit! :angry:

At running?

Surely you are not comparing them as passers...because that would be laughable.

Manziel is only marginally better at throwing than Tim Tebow. He looks like a high schooler out there right now. It's laughable alright.

You started Manziel over Cutler? Wow.

No, it's a 2 QB league so Cutler is starting as my QB1. I started Johnny at my QB2 slot over Orton, who with a mere 85 yds and 1 INT at the half is still outscoring JF by 5. Ugh.

No, it's a 2 QB league so Cutler is starting as my QB1. I started Johnny at my QB2 slot over Orton, who with a mere 85 yds and 1 INT at the half is still outscoring JF by 5. Ugh.

Ok makes sense. Yea, ole Orton isn't doing much either. Cutler should be good v NO, but you never know with that guy.