[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eliminated team managers dropping players. Thoughts?

Jtrum

I got the impression it wasn't actually banned in the OP's league. I think it's shady but rules are rules. Make sure they are clear before playing, you know what I mean? I dont understand the point of ranting about it here at least. Just try to win!

I thought it was just a regular guy in his league and the commish wasnt doing anything about it. The OP says the commish doesnt like him or want him to win, but that sounds stupid. Maybe its just a different type league and OP is being a toddler.

More details OP. Otherwise pick up the skirt and play the game.

The guy the OP just eliminated is saying he is going to drop TY Hilton so someone else can grab him. The Commish in the league is saying he will allow it because he wants the OP to lose

The guy the OP just eliminated is saying he is going to drop TY Hilton so someone else can grab him. The Commish in the league is saying he will allow it because he wants the OP to lose

I read it. Just seems kind of unbelievable, and the overall post is written poorly so I doubt the seriousness of it.

OP needs to provide more information.

Is this the first time in the league? Did you play last year?

Are there rules in place to prevent this?

Why would this guy dropping Hilton automatically hurt him? Doesnt he go to the waiver wire? I see he is last in waiver order. That is crappy obviously but also part of the game.

I just dont like to jump to conclusions when I dont know the details. I'm new here (lurker) and I'm trying to be fair.

I read it. Just seems kind of unbelievable, and the overall post is written poorly so I doubt the seriousness of it.

OP needs to provide more information.

Is this the first time in the league? Did you play last year?

Are there rules in place to prevent this?

Why would this guy dropping Hilton automatically hurt him? Doesnt he go to the waiver wire? I see he is last in waiver order. That is crappy obviously but also part of the game.

I just dont like to jump to conclusions when I dont know the details. I'm new here (lurker) and I'm trying to be fair.

As a commissioner myself, I have no desire to go through every possible way a team owner can be a dick and try to cheat or screw the league just so I can have a rule in place to stop it (no matter how strong you think your league rules are, there is always some way round them). Sometimes you just have to use common sense and say that an eliminated team in a redraft league shouldn't be making changes, otherwise all the eliminated teams might as well drop their players and all the teams in the playoffs have themselves a re-draft of the dropped players and make a mockery of the entire regular season.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 2

As a commissioner myself, I have no desire to go through every possible way a team owner can be a dick and try to cheat or screw the league just so I can have a rule in place to stop it (no matter how strong you think your league rules are, there is always some way round them). Sometimes you just have to use common sense and say that an eliminated team in a redraft league shouldn't be making changes, otherwise all the eliminated teams might as well drop their players and all the teams in the playoffs have themselves a re-draft of the dropped players and make a mockery of the entire regular season.

I see your point of course but gray areas can be bad. Then it's kind of immature to complain about rules that arent clearly defined. Maybe his commish sucks. Maybe OP has missed the point of this league.

I have beenin leagues for money where people screwed around. It's 20 bucks. Child's Play.

Hopefully The OP will elaborate because Im curious. Don't get wrong though, on the surface its a dick move and the other player is being difficult.

I got the impression it wasn't actually banned in the OP's league. I think it's shady but rules are rules. Make sure they are clear before playing, you know what I mean? I dont understand the point of ranting about it here at least. Just try to win!

Who cares if it's banned? It's a dick move. You can't list the ways people can be a-holes in the rules, this goes into the "if we have to tell you this" list. If the rules don't mention collusion being disallowed are you telling me you would "just try to win"? If the rules don't mention the commish can't go into the league management software and give himself the first waiver every week and lock others from making waivers, that that's "shady but rules are rules"? Get real.

• Like 1

Who cares if it's banned? It's a dick move. You can't list the ways people can be a-holes in the rules, this goes into the "if we have to tell you this" list. If the rules don't mention collusion being disallowed are you telling me you would "just try to win"? If the rules don't mention the commish can't go into the league management software and give himself the first waiver every week and lock others from making waivers, that that's "shady but rules are rules"? Get real.

No need to be rude. I just think this is interesting.

I dont understand how dropping a player to the waiver wire is considered collusion. Last week was the first week of the playoffs in lots of leagues. Is the guy dropping Hilton even eliminated? (I know he is out of contention, but there is consolation games?).

I dont like your waiver order example. Every league Im in has waiver order predetermined before the draft.

We just dont have enough info.

What other details you need?

He's still playing for 5th place technically. But if he really cared about winning that game would he drop TY? If it was a dynasty league would he drop TY? Hell no.

Acting like it's a normal thing to talk about dropping TY RIGHT after he lost to me. Lol at that. Then he made the mistake of pointing out he noticed I'm last in waivers and he has buddies in the other remaining 4 teams.

Any attempt to justify the shadiness is laughable to me. I just have better ways of wasting $40 I spent on this league. And it's not just 40 dollars this can F me out of. It's the entire pot. Although only $20 of dues is the pot. The other $20 of dues went to a belt (instead of a trophy)

So I should pull up my skirt and allow the tampering to possible take $200 dollars outta my pocket?

Glad other people are rich enough to shrug that off

I've already told the other players just to do it already. Drop TY. I'm just not playing next year. I have better ways to waste $20.

But somehow even that has caused bitching on their end. The guy still try's to justify the BS. It's laughable and he also refuses to give his side of the story on here

No need to be rude. I just think this is interesting.

I dont understand how dropping a player to the waiver wire is considered collusion. Last week was the first week of the playoffs in lots of leagues. Is the guy dropping Hilton even eliminated? (I know he is out of contention, but there is consolation games?).

I dont like your waiver order example. Every league Im in has waiver order predetermined before the draft.

We just dont have enough info.

If you think that's rude you're in for a rough ride on the Internet.

Hilton is a top 10 WR. What possible benefit would he get from dropping him, and what legit scenario can you justify that in?

• Like 1

Great post, I'm not sure dozerslimer gets it. And his "pull up your skirt" statement sounds like a 12 year old response.

Well we aren't getting any more detail.

I can tell you are worked up over this so Ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

It's just a game for potentially 200 bucks. Maybe you'll win and you get to rub it in.

Dont play again though. Nobody should get this angry over a game with friends. Just my two cents.

So I should pull up my skirt and allow the tampering to possible take $200 dollars outta my pocket?

Glad other people are rich enough to shrug that off

I've already told the other players just to do it already. Drop TY. I'm just not playing next year. I have better ways to waste $20.

But somehow even that has caused bitching on their end. The guy still try's to justify the BS. It's laughable and he also refuses to give his side of the story on here

Sounds like the rest of your league or at least owner, the commish and others supporting him are just a bunch of misters. Better off to be done with them and move on. Hopefully you can win in the process and take their money with you.

As others have said, needing to have a rule to cover every possible dick move is impossible.

If you think that's rude you're in for a rough ride on the Internet.

Hilton is a top 10 WR. What possible benefit would he get from dropping him, and what legit scenario can you justify that in?

It was rude. I expect better from people, even on the net.

Great post, I'm not sure dozerslimer gets it. And his "pull up your skirt" statement sounds like a 12 year old response.

I sound like a 12 year old for not hastily jumping to conclusions? Did you read the first post?

Arguing over a 20 dollar game of fantasy is more 12 year old than anything I've said. No offense OP.

It really is the shadiness that bothers me. Not the money. Already said enjoy my $40 to them

Just would rather waste my money on other things than a corrupt league from now on

Like betting on niners this week lol! Ya it's been rough. I'm an A's fan too so that's been rough lately too

Just saw OP is a 49ers fan. I see where this is coming from now. Bad coupla weeks.

First I'm gonna say nothing flemingd said was rude, not in the slightest. (Dick move and other terms were related to the guy wanting to drop Hilton, not you).

Second yes telling the guy to pull up his skirt is immature. $20 he spent, and $200 he could win if he isn't cheated by the other owners trying to screw him over.

Third yes I read the first post, every post in the thread, I wouldn't be commenting otherwise.

As for him being a 49er fan and that being where this is coming from, you don't know that but you're perfectly willing to make assumptions in this case (but want him to provide more info before you'll agree that he's being screwed).

I have come to a couple possible conclusions:

1. This is a great fishing trip.

2. The other owner is indeed posting in this thread.

Reasons are that both JTrum and GozerSlimer registered earlier today (JTrum at 12:30am, GozerSlimer at 1:30 am)

The only posts outside of this thread by GozerSlimer are random pad posts of 1, 2, 3, 4 in a locked thread and a random find my league thread from September.

JTrum has only posted in this thread.

If we take JTrum at his word, then I would think that GozerSlimer may indeed be the other owner (or the commish) in question.

Or, this is just a fishing trip.

Either way, I'll pull out the :fishy:

What other details you need?

He's still playing for 5th place technically. But if he really cared about winning that game would he drop TY? If it was a dynasty league would he drop TY? Hell no.

Acting like it's a normal thing to talk about dropping TY RIGHT after he lost to me. Lol at that. Then he made the mistake of pointing out he noticed I'm last in waivers and he has buddies in the other remaining 4 teams.

Any attempt to justify the shadiness is laughable to me. I just have better ways of wasting $40 I spent on this league. And it's not just 40 dollars this can F me out of. It's the entire pot. Although only $20 of dues is the pot. The other $20 of dues went to a belt (instead of a trophy)

If you are playing to win anything please tell me how you don't want to start T.Y. Hilton this week knowing the following?

1. Only the Ravens have given up more fantasy points to WRs.

2. Hilton's last 5 games versus Houston: 9-223-1, 8-78, 7-121-3, 4-111-1, 3-78-1 … average: 6.2-122-1.2, or 25.6 FP in PPR formats. (Stats compliments of John Paulsen on twitter)

I'm with BC that slimer is either the commish or the other party.

I have come to a couple possible conclusions:

1. This is a great fishing trip.

2. The other owner is indeed posting in this thread.

Reasons are that both JTrum and GozerSlimer registered earlier today (JTrum at 12:30am, GozerSlimer at 1:30 am)

The only posts outside of this thread by GozerSlimer are random pad posts of 1, 2, 3, 4 in a locked thread and a random find my league thread from September.

JTrum has only posted in this thread.

If we take JTrum at his word, then I would think that GozerSlimer may indeed be the other owner (or the commish) in question.

Or, this is just a fishing trip.

Either way, I'll pull out the :fishy:

Hey look, a smart guy on the internet. Props to you random stranger for figuring out what OP couldn't. Granted he is a bit frazzled. Poor guy.

1000 texts and a random trip to this board later, I think OP is ruined. Megatrolled in fact.

Time to kick back and enjoy this comfortable space I've carved out in OP's head.

Lol @ j. Zerrrrrrrrooooooooooo Rings!