[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eliminated team managers dropping players. Thoughts?

Jtrum

As soon as I beat another manager he starts talking about dropping Ty Hilton (who should be on the non cut list anyways to avoid this)

Makes it clear he noticed I have the lowest waiver wire spot but them has the nerve to try and say it's part of the game. "Game dynamics" was his words. Says it's no different than any other time players are dropped and then picked up on waivers and I should of saved my waiver (I used it on Williams last week). Says he doesn't need TY anymore so he's free to drop him and that because Ty Hilton for some reason is not on the can't cut list it's within the game to drop him. And whoever picks him up it's no different than any other waiver pick up (he knows it won't be me though at last waiver)

Never mind the clear bitterness of this guy just losing to me. But minus that is there ANYONE who actually believes in this guys BS? Cause he has the nerve to act like this is normal when every other league I've been in teams are locked once teams are eliminated to avoid clear tampering and other BS like this.

The commish wants me to lose badly also so is actually acting like nothing wrong is happening....funny thing is when I mentioned doing the same in another league I'm in with the commish (that I'm commish in) he got super upset lol.

Can anyone give me a legit reason for a newly eliminated team to be dropping a guy like TY Hilton? Only saying he "doesn't need him anymore" and that's yahoo allows it since he's not on the non cut list therefore it's part of the "game dynamics"

I'm sure most people know it's pure BS. Just wondering if even ONE other person out there thinks he has a point lol

Unfair on those still in contention, they shouldn't be making roster moves imo.

Unprovable but could be collusion as well if a friend of his in the playoffs is top of the waiver wire and knows he'd get first shot at Hilton. Either way I'd reverse it and lock him out of his team till next season as he's either up to something or just being an ass.

That's just flat out poor sportsmanship, and I wouldn't play in a league with someone who would do that. He knows exactly what he's doing and why, and trying to pass a douchey move like that off as anything but is an insult. As the commissioner I second locking the guy out of his team until next season. To be fair though I would explain my reasoning and explain what I will do if he makes this move first, then follow through if he does and likely wouldn't ask him back the following year.

Edited by Running Wilde

It's a dick move.

At the same time, if the league allows it there probably isn't much you can do. Pick up your skirt and win anyway.

Is it for real money?

PS: did you say you were going to do the same in another league with the same commish?

There is something you can do. Don't allow it.

The commish wants me to lose badly also so is actually acting like nothing wrong is happening....funny thing is when I mentioned doing the same in another league I'm in with the commish (that I'm commish in) he got super upset lol.

It's flat out wrong from an ethical and sportsmanship perspective, and all non-playoff teams should have been locked from making transactions. However, your argument loses ALL credibility with the above statement...

Having said that, if there's no printed rule to prevent it, not much you can do about it at this juncture...some people just enjoy being dicks...

OP says he "mentioned doing the same in another league", not that he considered it.

In other words, he perfectly trolled his one league manager (the poonani) who he is also in a second league with, in that second league.

If it were me, I'd play out the season, then wait as long as possible next year to bail on the league (obviously don't pay) after dropping all of your players. Or next year, trade some players to other teams not involved in this BS before the season starts... then bail on the league.

Or write a check for league dues next year, sign it with your (non-writing) hand, contact your bank and tell them your checkbook was stolen, send the check to the LM, then get your popcorn ready.

Pretty much agree with all the others. First all teams out of the playoffs should have their rosters locked, no ability to add or drop players. (Teams out of the playoffs could trade, we do it that way in our keeper league.)

Second the guy is being a dick, and any attempt to explain this as something else is childish.

Third, sounds like the commish will allow it since he wants you to lose. So it won't matter if you think this is fair or should be allowed, unless you can get the majority of your league to agree with you and pressure the commish to do the right thing.

Last, sounds like way to much drama for fantasy football. But then I think some like it that way, turning it into some dumb reality show.

Good luck, and find some leagues with more mature players that have some integrity.

Time to clear something up.

I was trolling about doing the exact same thing in another league. The commish of the league that this is possibly happening in (still think he won't actually do it cause he knows he's full of honda) has made it very clear he wants me to lose and will allow this.

So I'm the in another league with this guy (the commish not the guy I just beat and now dropping TY in bitterness if the loss) and I'm actually the commish in this other league. After it was made clear this shady move would actually be allowed I trolled about doing it in the other league to see the response. The response was what unexpected. He didn't like the idea one bit. Called it cheating even. And is now acting like there is some difference between the two.....ya the difference is he wants me to lose in his league lol. What a crappy commish huh? Straight up goodell level.

So to clear that up I would 1. Never drop good players I normally wouldn't of after being eliminated just to stir the pot and ruin it for the remaining playoff teams. 2. As commish in my league would never allow another to do it

The dropper still claims since TY is droppable that somehow yahoo and everyone playing yahoo agrees with me. Lol @ that. The purpose of this forum was to show how trucking crazy that logic is. No league I've ever been in before has allowed this. Two leagues I've been in have locked a team to stop this very thing.

Seems everyone in here so far is in agreement it's shady and cheating. Not sure what is worse the bitter dropper just eliminated or the commish sacrificing the integrity of his league just to see my team possibly have less of a chance at winning

Btw I'm still waiting on getting the dropper on here. He has made it clear he thinks I somehow haven't explained his stance.

Should be fun for all to see his reasoning on "game dynamics" and how it's "the same as any other drop/add"

i am having a question about doing this myself , now mind you , this is a keeper league i am in . I was considering dropping a bunch of my players for potential keepers for 2015

its a bit murking to do but no rules to prevent it , and i simply want to create the best possible scenario for my team next season

thoughts ?

I'd quit the league if the commissioner is that much of a cheat that he can't see the two are one and the same so only wants to benefit himself as commish.

As for the one above, a keeper league is different in the sense that you would be damaging your long term prospects by dropping studs but if its for better guys off the waiver wire in your opinion and the rules say you can do that then I guess thats different.

I'd quit the league if the commissioner is that much of a cheat that he can't see the two are one and the same so only wants to benefit himself as commish.

As for the one above, a keeper league is different in the sense that you would be damaging your long term prospects by dropping studs but if its for better guys off the waiver wire in your opinion and the rules say you can do that then I guess thats different.

This - it's a BS move. Most leagues I am in, eliminated teams are frozen, and in many dropped players stay locked and can't be picked up after a certain week to prevent this crap. The fact that a rule like that would even need to be in place gives an indication of the types of owners out there.

As to the keeper league point, totally different animal. There have been a lot of threads about some of the differences in regards to waivers, trades and player valuations in keepers vs. redraft. The scenario TOS describes fits into here in that it often makes sense to drop some players for better long term prospects, depending on the structure of the keeper league.

• Like 1

Ya it's different in a keeper league. You have a reason to hold onto guys in a keeper. So if you drop them to pick up another guy it's for a reason other than to just stir the pot after you got eliminated.

I've already stated to these guys I want to do a keeper league. If this move actually happens it's probably the only way I ever give money to play in another league with them.

I'm in enough other leagues (plus ones I turned down cause I was already in enough) to not have to deal with such shadiness.

If it's a non money league than fine, do your stirring of the pot upon elimination and try to justify it.

It's a dick move.

At the same time, if the league allows it there probably isn't much you can do. Pick up your skirt and win anyway.

Sure there is. Have some balls and institute a "no dick move" ruling effective immediately. Quit the league next year regardless of how it's resolved. Douches are douches and will just look for the next way to be a Dill Josh Gordon.

Ya I don't understand how people can be so childish. I understand it happening from guys in the league some times but not from the commish. I started my league because I enjoy fantasy, but mainly I took the things I like and didn't like from other leagues I'd played in and applied them to my league. The part I enjoy the most is seeing how much fun my league members have with it. Every year I get guys thanking me for running it and telling me how much they enjoy it. That's what it's all about for me, not manipulating things so that I can win.

Edited by Finn5033

Any league that allows this to happen isn't one I'm playing in. Owners out of contention can make drops, but our rosters are so large that its unlikely a player even marginal would be cut loose, let alone someone like Hilton. Horrific, cheating level classless move. I'd put a stop to dropping Hilton like this.

Sure there is. Have some balls and institute a "no dick move" ruling effective immediately. Quit the league next year regardless of how it's resolved. Douches are douches and will just look for the next way to be a Dill Josh Gordon.

I got the impression it wasn't actually banned in the OP's league. I think it's shady but rules are rules. Make sure they are clear before playing, you know what I mean? I dont understand the point of ranting about it here at least. Just try to win!

Ya I don't understand how people can be so childish. I understand it happening from guys in the league some times but not from the commish. I started my league because I enjoy fantasy, but mainly I took the things I like and didn't like from other leagues I'd played in and applied them to my league. The part I enjoy the most is seeing how much fun my league members have with it. Every year I get guys thanking me for running it and telling me how much they enjoy it. That's what it's all about for me, not manipulating things so that I can win.

I thought it was just a regular guy in his league and the commish wasnt doing anything about it. The OP says the commish doesnt like him or want him to win, but that sounds stupid. Maybe its just a different type league and OP is being a toddler.

More details OP. Otherwise pick up the skirt and play the game.

Unless this was a dynasty or keeper league there is no justifiable reason for an eliminated team to make a move. Sounds like this guy needs a throat punch or put him on the Rickets list

• Like 2