[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton In car crash

dougsul

so, the assumption would be that with few pain-killing injections, a super long flak jacket, and the division still on the line, he'll be able to play through it...

Good question. Considering they are in the hunt, maybe they trot him out there. If he plays, I can't imagine he would do a lot of running.

Romo's fractured transverse process occurred on the football field.

Newton fractured 2 processes in what is likely a much more violent injury than a tackle or hitting the turf.

I fractured one in 2004 and could barely walk for weeks. Of course I had other injuries too but let's just say that painkillers didn't do squat.

No way the guy plays this week. Even Romo had to take a week off.

Romo's fractured transverse process occurred on the football field.

Newton fractured 2 processes in what is likely a much more violent injury than a tackle or hitting the turf.

I fractured one in 2004 and could barely walk for weeks. Of course I had other injuries too but let's just say that painkillers didn't do squat.

No way the guy plays this week. Even Romo had to take a week off.

Agreed. If you have never been in a car wreck, you have no idea what its like the following days. It feels like you were hit by a train. Add in the injury and I give him 0% chance of playing this week or even the rest of the season.

i have no idea whether he'll play or not, but i do know these guys are physical freaks, in the primes of their lives, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did suit-up, with the NFC South division on the line...however, it wouldn't surprise me if they shut him down for the rest of the season, either...

Maybe, maybe not. With the opposing D not having to respect Cam's or Anderson's ability to run as much, they can key on the RB more. Conversely, if Cam or Anderson can establish the passing game, that could take pressure off the line which helps the RB.