[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did My Computer Crash?

Footballjoe

Forgive my ignorance but just don't know a lot about computer. I have a Dell that's probably 6 years old. Yesterday it began running real slow. My wife cleaned some stuff up and it appeared to be running ok. Then all of a sudden the screen went blank, nothing but a black screen and we were getting a beeping noise. I tried numerous times to shut it down and restart and the same thing, blank screen and beeping. This morning it appeard for just a second that it was going to start ok and then the screen went haywire. It was completely scrambled. Tried to restart and it was back to the blank screen.

I figure its not worth any money to fix it. Does something like this seem more like a virus or just a malfunctioning part? Any help appreciated. TIA