[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any one sitting J Gordon this week?

Scorcher

I am seriously considering it. I'm not really sold on Manziel making him better.It's possible that just the extra week of practice might make a difference. The reports that he is half trying don't help either. With the exception of the first game I have had WR's on my bench do a lot better. He isn't the lock he was last year.

I'm starting him this week over Landry. I'm facing an uphill battle as my opponent has a very good team -- rolling with the home run hitters, though I am nervous of a strikeout.

I've got Landry & OBJ locked in as starters, but I also get return yardage, Gordon is the only one I'm unsure about.

I've got Landry & OBJ locked in as starters, but I also get return yardage, Gordon is the only one I'm unsure about.

I'd be starting Gordon over Landry. Who's &amp?

Edited by irish

Must be some strange issue with how you're reading the forum, smart phone possibly?

His post said "I've got Landry & OBJ locked in as starters," the &amp only shows up in your quoted post (not his origina) as I'm reading it on a PC with a browser.

Ampersand, not sure why it quoted that way.

Gordon has done absolutely nothing to warrant being a WR1, much less a WR2 and having a new rookie QB who's just as likely to run as he is to throw and who has never played a snap with Gordon doesn't make me any more confident that he will do anything to justify starting him.

• Like 1

Ampersand, not sure why it quoted that way.

Gordon has done absolutely nothing to warrant being a WR1, much less a WR2 and having a new rookie QB who's just as likely to run as he is to throw and who has never played a snap with Gordon doesn't make me any more confident that he will do anything to justify starting him.

No, I hear ya and I can certainly see the browns being able to run with Crowell and west and not have to rely on the passing game, not too mention Manziel running as you stated. I would just hate to have held onto Gordon this long, only to have him on the bench and blowing up on Sunday. However, just the opposite could happen too. I'll be starting him.

Im goin against a Gordon owner this week an at the moment he has him starting, which i hope he does.

I really dont see Gordon playing better than he has with Manziel running point. Since hes started his yardage has only gone down and hasnt scored yet. But, ya never know, JFB could throw to him every time.

Gotta love this time of year. It seems like every one of my teams is filled with players who are questionable, bad matchups, or just really tough WDIS dilemmas. I'll be second-guessing myself all the way to Sunday morning. :wacko:

• Like 1

As of right now, he's sitting on my bench, behind:

TY

Odell

Martavis

and Latavius in Flex

bench (could be used in Flex) also has Stills, and the Gio/Hill flustercluck

in other words, I do have good "other options". sometimes though, that can make the decision making process more difficult

I have Gordon starting, but it's not because I'm confident. It's because my next best option is Michael Crabtree. Still, I stashed Gordon and made trades with the idea that he would have to be a part of my starting lineup, so I have to roll with him. He had a dud last week, but I have a feeling he may be serviceable this weekend. I don't think it's a strict "blow up or bust" thing with him. I could totally see a decent yet unspectacular 6-78 line. I can't think of a guy with more variance in how he's being projected than Gordon. He could go anywhere from 2-15 to 9-143-2.

• Like 1

I'm playing him with a fair bit of confidence this week over Decker, Bailey and Hopkins.

Yes, Johnny Football is a raw rookie that will run a lot... but he also throws a MUCH better deep ball than Hoyer.

All Gordon needs is 8-9 targets to catch 6-7 balls for 100+ and a TD.

I need to swing for the fences this week in this particular league so I'm all-in.

Had a suspicion last week and was scoffed at for even thinking about benching him! :) Im starting Keenan over him this week without reservations. If he blows up this week, yes I will be disappointed, but it will give me more confidence in starting him next week in the championship!!!! Wink wink.

I'm playing him with a fair bit of confidence this week over Decker, Bailey and Hopkins.

Yes, Johnny Football is a raw rookie that will run a lot... but he also throws a MUCH better deep ball than Hoyer.

All Gordon needs is 8-9 targets to catch 6-7 balls for 100+ and a TD.

I need to swing for the fences this week in this particular league so I'm all-in.

Not sure if you've watched much of the Browns game but throwing a much better deep ball isn't likely to result in more completions for Josh. That isn't why he hasn't been catching only half the passes targeted to him. As I've posted info before, he's clearly not in sync with the offense, doesn't matter who the QB is. Out of position on passes, running wrong route, etc.

As for needing 8-9 targets go get 100+ and a TD, I suppose, but so far in 3 games

wk12 - 16 targ - 8/120

wk13 - 13 targ - 7/75

wk14 - 7 targ - 2/25

3wk avg - 12 targ 6/75 and 0 TDs

He's been off the field on quite a few plays too, including many 3rd down plays last week vs Colts. (Article below says he was in on 77% of snaps, about the same as Cameron & Hawkins).

There was also an interesting bit from an interview with him yesterday

http://www.cleveland...s_crazy_to.html

Edited by stevegrab

Not sure if you've watched much of the Browns game but throwing a much better deep ball isn't likely to result in more completions for Josh. That isn't why he hasn't been catching only half the passes targeted to him. As I've posted info before, he's clearly not in sync with the offense, doesn't matter who the QB is. Out of position on passes, running wrong route, etc.

As for needing 8-9 targets go get 100+ and a TD, I suppose, but so far in 3 games

wk12 - 16 targ - 8/120

wk13 - 13 targ - 7/75

wk14 - 7 targ - 2/25

He's been off the field on quite a few plays too, including many 3rd down plays last week vs Colts. (Article below says he was in on 77% of snaps, about the same as Cameron & Hawkins).

That article was a good read. Josh is certainly saying all the right things.

I think the switch to JFF will help Josh. Nnot because of a better deep ball, but because of the dynamic he brings to the offense. JFF is gonna make his biggest plays on broken plays by running around and buying time. On those kind of plays, timing and routes are less critical. It becomes more about a QB trusting his WR and the WR being able to physically dominate a corner to go get a ball.

If the Browns coaches continue to inexplicably remove their best player from the field on high leverage plays, then that is going to be a problem. But otherwise, Josh is going to improve as he gets more reps.

wk12 - 16 targ - 8/120

wk13 - 13 targ - 7/75

wk14 - 7 targ - 2/25

I've watched plenty of Gordon and the Browns these past few weeks and stand by my statement.