[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.07 19 FF Today Henry, Travis BUF RB Tue Aug 17 10:02:49 a.m. PT 2004

2.08 20 KFFL Bennett, Michael MIN RB Tue Aug 17 10:07:39 a.m. PT 2004

2.09 21 Fantasy Guru Davis, Stephen CAR RB Tue Aug 17 10:07:39 a.m. PT 2004

2.10 22 FSP Brown, Chris TEN RB Tue Aug 17 10:07:39 a.m. PT 2004

Wow! Chris Brown in Rd 2. Backs going fast & furious.

Manning is one of 2 top tier qb's the huddle lists on their cheat sheet. Or they can get a middle 3rd tier rb or a 2nd tier wr. I say they get Manning here, and then get their 2nd rb or 1st wr at 3.2

2.06 18 Sporting News Owens, Terrell PHI WR

I have Owens at 21 on my draft board. I would have preferred either Ward or Chad Johnson instead, IF I were to pick a WR at this point. More likely, I would havwe picked Manning at this spot.

2.07 19 FF Today Henry, Travis BUF RB

I am not big on Henry this year, but I cannot argue with someone taking him here. Again, I would have picked Manning.

2.08 20 KFFL Bennett, Michael MIN RB

Too Early. Take Davis, Kevin Jones, or Travis jones instead...IF I HAD to take another RB at this point. Manning? Where are you?

2.09 21 Fantasy Guru Davis, Stephen CAR RB

Like Henry, I am not big on Davis. Yet, I can definitely see someone picking him off at this point in the draft. Come on now. Manning, should be gone already.

2.10 22 FSP Brown, Chris TEN RB Ok, this is ridiculous now. I can see taking Chris AFTER all the major impact players are gone. (MANNING, Chad Johnson, Gonzalez, etc...)

If the rest of the draft is this goofy, the Huddle might come out pretty good!!!

I think DMD and WW should annouce their pick here before they make it on MFL, kind of a little something extra for all the members.

Just a thought. :D

....oh yeah, I'd go with Manning, unless they are high on Curtis Martin :D

The Brown pick just doesn't make sense to me.  Even if you're that high on the guy, isn't it reasonable to assume that he'll still be around at 3.03.  Seems like jumping the gun.

351942[/snapback]

I guess that the drafter saw the preseason game and came away very impressed.

Fastest shoot up the board on a RB in a while for some.

Don't sweat it guys.  This one is pretty easy.  Manning it is.

351940[/snapback]

Good job Whitney! Easy call there as I think you got great value. Now you have several options coming back, just depending on which way you want to go..

I guess that the drafter saw the preseason game and came away very impressed.

Fastest shoot up the board on a RB in a while for some.

351945[/snapback]

I am a Titan fan and am very very high on Chris Brown. But to take him in that spot makes no sense whatsoever. No value at all to grab Brown there. Bad reach...

The Brown pick just doesn't make sense to me.  Even if you're that high on the guy, isn't it reasonable to assume that he'll still be around at 3.03.  Seems like jumping the gun.

351942[/snapback]

Manning all the way here! Then I would follow with Mason, Ward, or Joe Horn. C. Palmer to C. Johnson is scary this year.

The nice thing about two impact players like Manning and LT is that they are solid enough to allow some riskier picks later in the draft. Manning at the 2.11 - what's not to like?

Marshall Faulk and Chad Johnson...one may still be there with the Huddle's next pick.

351951[/snapback]

Problem with taking Faulk is that at the rate RB are flying, there no chance that Jackson will still be around at 4.11

be interesting - if you do not go RB with the #3, there may be squat left at the 4.11 as an RB2. I would have to think long and hard about WR or RB with the #3 if it were me.

My guess is Faulk & Johnson go to FF Mastermind. That leaves maybe CuMar, Westbrook or Ward for the Huddle. Like Billay said the RB's are flying off, I'd run with Westbrook if of course Faulk & Johnson are gone.

Marshall Faulk and Chad Johnson...one may still be there with the Huddle's next pick.

351951[/snapback]

Both these guys are risky. Faulk b/c of age and injuries and Johnson b/c he did it one year and has an unproven QB this year. Who do you think those defenses will be keying on this year? (I am betting Johnson will be doubled all year) Why not take a guy with slightly less upside and know what you are getting. FF is won on consistency and having the 1-2 sleepers that pan out. The 3rd round should be spent on consistent guys.

be interesting - if you do not go RB with the #3, there may be squat left at the 4.11 as an RB2. I would have to think long and hard about WR or RB with the #3 if it were me.

351977[/snapback]

So your options are:

A. 3.2 stud tier 2 wr and at 4.11 mediocre tier 4rb OR

B. 3.2 medicore tier 3 rb and 4.11 average tier 3 wr

Problem with taking Faulk is that at the rate RB are flying, there no chance that Jackson will still be around at 4.11

351966[/snapback]

I disagree, i think jackson will be around late. i picked him up in 7 or 8 a few weeks ago, and since then he has not impressed.

I'd take Faulk planning to get davis as the first backup and gordon towards the end. to insure a solid (maybe awesome #2) at RB, i think its a no brainer.