[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Limits

GoldenEagle81

It's so hard to get trades done anyhow, why would you want to limit them?

There are a few "noob" teams in this particular league that get taken advantage of by trades...one team in particular had around 10 trades and ended up with a team of studs by giving away the flavor of the week on multiple occasions. So yeah...it's pretty easy for trades to happen.

There are a few "noob" teams in this particular league that get taken advantage of by trades...one team in particular had around 10 trades and ended up with a team of studs by giving away the flavor of the week on multiple occasions. So yeah...it's pretty easy for trades to happen.

Thata not really getting taken advantage of...its selling high. If someone finagles his way a team of studs thru trades i give them props. People make trades that they think will give them the best possible chance of winning...sometimes the flavor of the week stays hot and turns into an asset.

I havent really heard of many leagues having trade limits, just dead lines. But, if you want to implement it, id say to just take a league vote on a number for the limit. I made one trade this year in 2 leagues, i couldnt get anyone to trade. Im sure since it was a Yahoo pro league that has a lot to do with it.

I've never been in a league with limits, just a deadline near the end of the season. Would depend on the reasons for wanting a limit but I wouldn't like to limit somebody's ability to improve their team, we have a guy in our league whose involved in most trades just because he loves the action.

If there are noobs making stupid trades then you should be working harder to make trades with them.

Just because some teams get better by making trades (the object of trading) doesn't mean they need to be limited. Other owners should offer these teams trades, or get better owners that won't be taken advantage of.

If there are noobs making stupid trades then you should be working harder to make trades with them.

Just because some teams get better by making trades (the object of trading) doesn't mean they need to be limited. Other owners should offer these teams trades, or get better owners that won't be taken advantage of.

You assume I am the one complaining. I happen to be the commissioner of this particular league and wanted to know if I should have placed a limit on trades due to the complaints I've received.

Limiting trades is a terrible idea. This is part of the natural growth of any league and new FF players. If you want to "improve" the trading, start offering advice after the fact about what it looked like. Don't be overly critical, point out what they should look for next time. "This looks like owner A being desperate for any upgrade at QB, but the reality is that it's not that hard to get functional play from a WW guy. Check out what happened with Teddy Bridgewater. He's been up and down, but not by as much as giving up Arian Foster and leaving yourself with Frank Gore will be!"

• Like 2

Limiting trades is a terrible idea. This is part of the natural growth of any league and new FF players. If you want to "improve" the trading, start offering advice after the fact about what it looked like. Don't be overly critical, point out what they should look for next time. "This looks like owner A being desperate for any upgrade at QB, but the reality is that it's not that hard to get functional play from a WW guy. Check out what happened with Teddy Bridgewater. He's been up and down, but not by as much as giving up Arian Foster and leaving yourself with Frank Gore will be!"

Thanks. That was informative - pretty much what I was looking for. I agree, just like hearing other opinions of non-butthurt league members.

You assume I am the one complaining. I happen to be the commissioner of this particular league and wanted to know if I should have placed a limit on trades due to the complaints I've received.

Where did I say anything about anybody complaining? I assumed that somebody was unhappy that these trades were happening.

I did say "then you should be working harder to make trades with them" and that would apply to the owners that are unhappy about the trades.

Since trading happens so rarely in many leagues most feel that limiting it isn't a good idea.

But none of that matters, what is most important is what your league thinks.