[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeMarco Murray to have hand surgery

Big John

It's his left hand that's broken and he carries the ball mainly in his right, so maybe he doesn't miss time?

Doesn't seem like a desperation play to me. Randle has talent. Dallas might have the best offensive line in the NFL. If DeMarco is out, which is clearly a possibility, then Randle is a possible stud.

I look at it this way, if you're not a Murray owner and you're looking to Randle to be a starter then your line-up must not have been all that solid to begin with and you're hoping that Randle can be a difference-maker. If you are a Murray owner then you are looking to replace his production in championship week hoping that he can come even close to what Murray usually puts up. Either way, it's seems like a desperation play to me. Unless I am a Murray owner & need to replace him then I wouldn't bother, I'd trust the players that got me there before I'd trust Randle.

What about Dunbar's value? Dunbar is a great pass catcher and this is a game that they could be playing behind from or even a shootout. I think he definitely has some value.

I am one of those who are desperate at RB, as I stacked my WR/TE core.

Thoughts?

Actually some decent reporting by ESPN:

Others have dealt with the same or similar injuries. Emmitt Smith missed one game in 1999 after undergoing the surgery following a 13-carry, 140-yard and two-touchdown game against the Minnesota Vikings. He had two straight 100-yard games after his return. In 2006, Terrell Owens suffered a similar injury while with the Cowboys. He had a plate and screws implanted into his hand and did not miss a game, thanks to the Cowboys' bye week. He wore a glove with extra padding on the top of his hand for added protection. In 2011, Denver Broncos running back Willis McGahee missed one game with the injury.

This makes it likely he will miss one game.

Edited by CaptainHook

I look at it this way, if you're not a Murray owner and you're looking to Randle to be a starter then your line-up must not have been all that solid to begin with and you're hoping that Randle can be a difference-maker. If you are a Murray owner then you are looking to replace his production in championship week hoping that he can come even close to what Murray usually puts up. Either way, it's seems like a desperation play to me. Unless I am a Murray owner & need to replace him then I wouldn't bother, I'd trust the players that got me there before I'd trust Randle.

I started herron n morris in the semis of a Both yesterday, if Murray doesn't play this wk I'd rather have Randle and its not close

Yeah I don't see this as a desperation play if we're talking about the flex position here. I've been starting Crowell the past few weeks in this spot and he is not looking good for a championship game. Prior to that it was Landry. Of course I am considering adding Randle in place of these options. It's not like we're talking about adding him as a RB1.

I think Murray plays but the two issues are him sharing more carries with Randle/Dunbar because of the injury and the cast making it harder to grip the football properly which could lead to fumbling issues. But chances are you haven't got a better option at this point, in some ways if you've handcuffed him it might be better if he's out and Randle takes the lionshare.

For fear of hijacking this.................

We have waivers open through the playoffs in one of my leagues. The teams eligible to use it include the main playoffs and toilet bowl playoff teams, and we continue to use our rolling waiver wire method to set the order. The Murray owner - who qualified for the championship - is last among the remaining teams. The team he will likely face in the finals is first among the remaining teams.

Now if the other championship team picks him up to block the Murray owner from getting him, I don't have a problem with that, that's just strategy.

My question is if you were a toilet bowl team that was still active, would you make the move to get Randle? I am in that position, but I thought about it and I am not going to do it. It just seems like a total dick move for a toilet bowl team to do something like that, but that's my opinion on it. The Murray owner is going to be potentially hurting at RB this week as well because all he has left is Charles (and Knile Davis), along with Herron (and T-Rich), and Donald Brown.

FWIW, my team is decimated by injuries at RB and WR as well, which is why I am where I am, but I hate to potentially influence the outcome of our league championship for a lousy toilet bowl title. Sure there's some cash involved to whoever wins it, but it's really the principle of the thing to me.

For fear of hijacking this.................

We have waivers open through the playoffs in one of my leagues. The teams eligible to use it include the main playoffs and toilet bowl playoff teams, and we continue to use our rolling waiver wire method to set the order. The Murray owner - who qualified for the championship - is last among the remaining teams. The team he will likely face in the finals is first among the remaining teams.

Now if the other championship team picks him up to block the Murray owner from getting him, I don't have a problem with that, that's just strategy.

My question is if you were a toilet bowl team that was still active, would you make the move to get Randle? I am in that position, but I thought about it and I am not going to do it. It just seems like a total dick move for a toilet bowl team to do something like that, but that's my opinion on it. The Murray owner is going to be potentially hurting at RB this week as well because all he has left is Charles (and Knile Davis), along with Herron (and T-Rich), and Donald Brown.

FWIW, my team is decimated by injuries at RB and WR as well, which is why I am where I am, but I hate to potentially influence the outcome of our league championship for a lousy toilet bowl title. Sure there's some cash involved to whoever wins it, but it's really the principle of the thing to me.

I can respect this. If it were me and I had a chance to win the Toilet Bowl (sometimes they also come with the 1st overall pick if you win) then I'd probably do what I could to win that game. In this case, I'm just not sure it's going to answer any RB woes. In other words, I'd view it as just another week and if I need another player, then so be it. Nothing dick about it. But that's just me.

If Murray is out, I'm starting Randle as my flex without reservation. Dallas needs to win the game, their O-line is one of the best in the biz and Randle has shown he can make big plays with the limited touches he's had this year. I honestly don't see too much of a drop off. Actually, pretty stoked to get him off the waiver and plug him in for my championship game.

If Murray is out, I'm starting Randle as my flex without reservation. Dallas needs to win the game, their O-line is one of the best in the biz and Randle has shown he can make big plays with the limited touches he's had this year. I honestly don't see too much of a drop off. Actually, pretty stoked to get him off the waiver and plug him in for my championship game.

this guy gets it. Only thing that would slow me down at all is I'm not sure how much Dunbar will touch the ball. IMO Dunbar's touches will stay the same but what do I know

Yahoo has him listed as "Out".

Yahoo is stupid. They do stuff like that all the time. Don't even give it a second thought.

That said, latest Rotoworld blurb on Murray is not encouraging. I bet he sits vs. the Colts and plays - if necessary - Week 17.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Dallas has given Murray 351 carries and 405 touches this year. Not many, if any, teams would do that with any running back, especially one as injury-prone as Murray.

In an era where most teams are going to RBBC to preserve the health of their running backs, Dallas has their injury-prone running back on pace to have the 2nd most touches in a season in NFL history.

and Murray has said he feels no side effects ..feel fresh every wk