[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Single handedly ended my season

Finn5033

Time to vent. Aaron Rodgers single handedly lost me my semi-final matchup yesterday. I got 7 points out of him. His average points scored in this league was 23.3 a week. Everyone else on my team did their part. It doubly irks me because I am a Vikes fan, I feel like it's Karma for counting on a Packer player to win me some money. I usually don't let this stuff bother me but I completely dominated this league. I went 11-2 and scored 300pts more than the next closest team. This one hurt. Yesterday I looked just like the guy in my Avatar

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

The guy im going against had ODB and Nelson. I couldnt stop yelling as Beckham kept rackin up those TDs. Luckily he had a 30 yd td called back. Then after that i seen Nelson drop that 93 yarder and i thought maybe this isnt so bad. ODB scored 30 of his 68 points.

Rogers hurt my team, no doubt about it. But so did McCoy, Hilton, Julius Thomas, Vinatieri, and the Rams D.

I was the highest scoring team in the league, and set the league record for highest scoring season ever, and most of my team took a collective dump in the semi-finals.

Now I know how the 1991 Vikings felt.

Jordan Matthews put up a goose egg, that left me up 34 pts. My opponent has Jeffrey/Cutler and I didn't think I really had a chance...except then I did as they played like honda the entire game and with a minute left that TD burned me. Best team in the league and done in by my own team... ya know, I could have handled it a lot better if they would have played that way from the beginning.... then again I only lost by 10... what the hell happened to Matthews?

:thinking: So Aaron Rodgers "single handedly lost you your semi-final matchup yesterday"? Would you even have made your semi-final matchup if you didn't have Rodgers? Say you had waited and ended up with somebody like ... say Cutler?

Point is Rodgers put up an average of 23 pts a game for me in this league so when he puts up his worst game of the year it's not hard to pin point him as the main reason I lost when he scored 16pts less than his average.

12 team non-ppr non-bonus pts league. My team averaged 116.5 pts a week during the 13 game regular season. The next closest team averaged 96.5 pts a week. So I averaged 20pts a week more than the next best team. So yes I would have been there without him.

Edited by Finn5033

Point is Rodgers put up an average of 23 pts a game for me in this league so when he puts up his worst game of the year it's not hard to pin point him as the main reason I lost when he scored 16pts less than his average.

12 team non-ppr non-bonus pts league. My team averaged 116.5 pts a week during the 13 game regular season. The next closest team averaged 96.5 pts a week. So I averaged 20pts a week more than the next best team. So yes I would have been there without him.

He knows what the point is he's just into stirring it up.

Rodgers helped seal my victory. My opponent started him instead of Brady. What was nice was that he wanted to trade me Brady and Forsett for Cutler and Forte a few weeks ago when Carson Palmer went down. I held tight.

guess it's true what they say about "waiting" for a lower tier QB...in my five leagues this season, i fortunately made the playoffs in all 5, but lost 2 semi-finals with top tier QBs...

League 1 - in Championship w/streaming combo of Rivers/Cutler

League 2 - in Championship w/Brees

League 3 - in Championship w/Foles/Sanchez

League 4 - lost semi w/Luck

League 5 - lost semi w/Rodgers

The only "top tier" guy I made it with was Brees...may reshape my entire drafting strategy next season...

Edited by the outlaw

He knows what the point is he's just into stirring it up.

Not trying to stir anything up. I just find it ironic that somebody whines about Rodgers losing them a playoff game while forgetting that they wouldn't even be in the playoffs without him. And lets not forget that Buffalo's defense has been doing pretty decent against the pass and held Peyton Manning to 173 yards. And lets not forget that the Packers play less well on the road.

It is also worth noting that there were several times in the game where his WRs dropped balls they should have caught, big one that comes to mind is one that would have been a long Jordy Nelson TD.

Not trying to stir anything up. I just find it ironic that somebody whines about Rodgers losing them a playoff game while forgetting that they wouldn't even be in the playoffs without him. And lets not forget that Buffalo's defense has been doing pretty decent against the pass and held Peyton Manning to 173 yards. And lets not forget that the Packers play less well on the road.

It is also worth noting that there were several times in the game where his WRs dropped balls they should have caught, big one that comes to mind is one that would have been a long Jordy Nelson TD.

Now I know what darin3 meant about stirring it up. There is no reason to come on here and try to cause an argument. Its just a thread to vent about bad luck in a semi-final match. If your going to say you expected Rodgers to have the worst game of his career during the best season of his career you're full of honda. I know Buffalo's D is good and I watched the game so I know his receivers dropped passes. I'm not whining about Rodgers performance on a personal level, I'm not one of those guys that cares in that way. I was just stating the fact that his bad game knocked me out of my fantasy playoffs. There is nothing more to it than that. My team was stacked and I got Rodgers in the 3rd round, and don't try to tell me that's bad value. I would have been in the same position with a lesser QB, in fact I would probably be playing in the championship game this week if I had a different QB

Edited by Finn5033

If all my players had scored their seasonal averages every week or at least took their dumps on weekends when my opponents also had bad weeks, I'd have been in the championship game in all of my leagues as well. Even with a team of studs, you can still get beat. Remember the 80/20 rule. Fantasy football is 80% luck.

Now I know what darin3 meant about stirring it up. There is no reason to come on here and try to cause an argument. Its just a thread to vent about bad luck in a semi-final match. If your going to say you expected Rodgers to have the worst game of his career during the best season of his career you're full of honda. I know Buffalo's D is good and I watched the game so I know his receivers dropped passes. I'm not whining about Rodgers performance on a personal level, I'm not one of those guys that cares in that way. I was just stating the fact that his bad game knocked me out of my fantasy playoffs. There is nothing more to it than that. My team was stacked and I got Rodgers in the 3rd round, and don't try to tell me that's bad value. I would have been in the same position with a lesser QB, in fact I would probably be playing in the championship game this week if I had a different QB

Well ... there was "no reason" for you to whine about Aaron Rodgers performing below average ... but you did anyway. You opened the discussion and I am participating. And now I am supposed to believe that Aaron Rodgers was irrelevant to your team because you could have drafted any other QB in the league and would have done better.