[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Single handedly ended my season

Finn5033

Forget it, I guess the point of this thread was very mis-understood by some of you guys. I figured it would just be a thread for guys to vent about what knocked them out of the playoffs. For me Rodgers had the worst game of his career and it knocked me out of the playoffs. Does it really matter if I wouldn't have been there without him? I guess some people just need to argue about everything

Forget it, I guess the point of this thread was very mis-understood by some of you guys. I figured it would just be a thread for guys to vent about what knocked them out of the playoffs. For me Rodgers had the worst game of his career and it knocked me out of the playoffs. Does it really matter if I wouldn't have been there without him? I guess some people just need to argue about everything

no, it's that we have played long enough to know either a- you are blaming the wrong guy or b- you don't understand the finer points of fantasy football. Which is that your stud player who carries your sorry ass team all year will bail on you at the most inopportune moment.

Nice avatar pic of Troy Aikman BTW :weird:

Edited by Zooty

no, it's that we have played long enough to know either a- you are blaming the wrong guy or b- you don't understand the finer points of fantasy football. Which is that your stud player who carries your sorry ass team all year will bail on you at the most inopportune moment.

Wow, I'm speachless. You guys are amazing. Whatever floats your boat man.

Edited by Finn5033

:lol: You're really taking the high road here? Finer points?

Come on dude. Rodgers had a terrible game. Had he had an "average Rodgers" game, this cat would have won his matchup. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

You wonder why no one comes to this board anymore. Yeah you have doooooshbags like InTomWeTrust but this guy has a legit gripe and isn't being a clown about it. Let people vent and foster discussion. :shrug:

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Come on dude. Rodgers had a terrible game. Had he had an "average Rodgers" game, this cat would have won his matchup. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

You wonder why no one comes to this board anymore. Yeah you have doooooshbags like InTomWeTrust but this guy has a legit gripe and isn't being a clown about it. Let people vent and foster discussion. :shrug:

But what discussion does a venting rant create? Should he have sat Rodgers? Or not drafted him? Is that worth discussing? No.

What I'll never get is why people start these rant threads? Why not just open your window and scream it out to the world? Are they expecting a bunch of "Oh man that sucks, too bad" responses to make them feel better.

But what discussion does a venting rant create? Should he have sat Rodgers? Or not drafted him? Is that worth discussing? No.

What I'll never get is why people start these rant threads? Why not just open your window and scream it out to the world? Are they expecting a bunch of "Oh man that sucks, too bad" responses to make them feel better.

pretty much.....

:rolleyes:

You guys are being idiots. I'm done.

I hear ya Finn. It is frustrating as hell when your key player bails on you in a playoff game. I feel that way about Julio. One of my favorite teams got eliminated (by the Rogers team ironically enough) due largely to Julio's absence, Megatron's poor game, and Chip Kelly raping McCoy. Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson couldn't pull me out of the fire.

It's a bitch and I am all for some ranting. So rant away brother.

• Like 1

I hear ya Finn. It is frustrating as hell when your key player bails on you in a playoff game. I feel that way about Julio. One of my favorite teams got eliminated (by the Rogers team ironically enough) due largely to Julio's absence, Megatron's poor game, and Chip Kelly raping McCoy. Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson couldn't pull me out of the fire.

It's a bitch and I am all for some ranting. So rant away brother.

I'm thinking this happens more often than not in Championship games...at least in my experience, it is the higher seeds who have gotten there on the coat-tails of one or two key "studs" who decide to "not" show up at the most critical game in fantasy...i'm not bitchin' but just sayin' it happens...a LOT...i have 2 very good examples from leagues i'm in this year: EX1, #1 seed who has ridden Peyton (keeper) the past 2 seasons got bounced in the first round because for whatever reason, Peyton hasn't shown up the past couple of weeks...EX2, #1 seed (one of my teams), rode Andrew Luck all season, but in the semi last week, he decided to post >200 yards passing with a pick and only 2 TDs, net result 11 points...not saying that's the only reason this team was bounced, but you generally like to count on your studs to perform every week (and, I know that isn't a realistic expectation, but that's why we draft them, right?)...

Anyway, my point is that year in and year out, I see very highly seeded teams get bounced from the playoffs because one (or more) of their studs have a clunker in Weeks 14, 15, and/or 16...

Just one of those things that happens.

My bro won by 5pts this week against someone who had Aaron Rodgers so obviously a mediocre performance from Rodgers would have done, frustrating but the same guy also had Odell Beckham Jr and his 30 odd pts. If he'd had an average performance like you'd now want from Rodgers then he'd have got less than half of that. Swings and roundabouts really.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 1

Championships are not won on draft day and certainly not in the first 3 rounds. You have to find talent in the middle to late rounds and you have to work the waiver wire and/or trades. Hard to ride 1 or 2 studs to the championship. You need strength across the board. Easier to take the dips by your studs when you have balanced strength.

Time to vent. Aaron Rodgers single handedly lost me my semi-final matchup yesterday. I got 7 points out of him. His average points scored in this league was 23.3 a week. Everyone else on my team did their part. It doubly irks me because I am a Vikes fan, I feel like it's Karma for counting on a Packer player to win me some money. I usually don't let this stuff bother me but I completely dominated this league. I went 11-2 and scored 300pts more than the next closest team. This one hurt. Yesterday I looked just like the guy in my Avatar

It was worse for me since I play Rodgers & Nelson. Nelson dropped a sure 94 yard TD pass from Rodgers. 15 points from nelson down the tubes and 9 points for Rodgers also lost on that one play. 24 points gone like a fart in the wind.

To add to the misery... in another league, Cutler to Jeffery TD in garbage time gave my opponent 14 undeserved points and I ended up losing by two.

There are times when you just have to close your eyes and remind yourself how much you "Love Fantasy Football". :sad:

I guess my view is that not every topic/thread is started in an attempt to foster the same type of discussion. Some are genuinely looking for feedback. Others, not so much. In other words, whether anybody else cares or not, the guy was venting. If anything, I took it as him sharing a bad beat. Others can do the same, in this thread or elsewhere. Sure, plenty of people don't care about his team, or his bad beat. But, if that's the case, why even post in the thread?

Sort of like the "What do you need Monday night" threads. I post the status of my leagues not because I want (or expect) people to comment on them, but because others like to post theirs as well. And, like I've said in those threads, I might just be a tad bit superstitious, and I had a good run after starting to post every Monday morning. :lol: Plus, sometimes, it's fun (or maybe therapeutic?) to go back and comment on what was a close outcome, bad break (like he did here), or whatever. For some people, but not everybody, obviously. Some/most readers don't care, and I'm sure there are people who roll their eyes every time I post what I need in like 10 leagues on Monday nights, and that's fine. Again, I'm not looking for feedback/discussion on my teams. But, I would assume that, if you don't really care, it's in everybody's best interest if you simply move on. Yet, some people insist on pissing on others' Cheerios.

I think there is a difference between posting that you had a bad break/beat, and posting that Aaron Rodgers sucks, his family should all get herpes, and his dog should die, just because he cost your fantasy team a title. Those kinds of posts are ridiculous, I agree. But, I took this OP's original post as the former, not the latter.

All of that said (and this is directed at the OP), it's impossible to say that your team would be in the same position, had you drafted a different QB. Rodgers has been money, in a way that nobody else has, except maybe Luck (and to a slightly lesser extent, Brees). The rest... Brady, Manning, Ben, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, etc. have all had pretty significant ups and downs, at various points in the season. Some more than others. Not to mention, if a bad game by Rodgers was enough to lose the week for you, the rest of your guys weren't that good, either. Or, you went up against somebody having a great week (which can always happen). Regardless, Rodgers didn't lose it for you single-handedly, most likely. Others could have scored more as well, or your opponent could have scored less. Great teams can overcome an off week by a player or two. But, nothing can overcome a record week by your opponent.

It was worse for me since I play Rodgers & Nelson. Nelson dropped a sure 94 yard TD pass from Rodgers. 15 points from nelson down the tubes and 9 points for Rodgers also lost on that one play. 24 points gone like a fart in the wind.

To add to the misery... in another league, Cutler to Jeffery TD in garbage time gave my opponent 14 undeserved points and I ended up losing by two.

There are times when you just have to close your eyes and remind yourself how much you "Love Fantasy Football". :sad:

I know people are just ranting about bad games they've had costing them playoff wins but I find that comment interesting. How are those points undeserved? Does that only apply to your opponents or all garbage time points?

Sorry, there I go pissing in somebody's cheerios again.

I know people are just ranting about bad games they've had costing them playoff wins but I find that comment interesting. How are those points undeserved? Does that only apply to your opponents or all garbage time points?

Sorry, there I go pissing in somebody's cheerios again.

Ummm... That's not the type of response I was referring to. You make a good point. Some people don't, but rather, respond just to start an argument, it seems. Or to be a dlck. I don't see the point in doing that. Maybe it's just me.

Garbage time points hurts the integrity of fantasy football, but it's part of the game and we all accept it. But it still sucks no matter how you slice it.

Not sure i understand the "Garbage time points hurts the integrity of fantasy football..." comment. Please explain. Do gargage time points hurt the integrity of actual NFL games? Should the Commish and rules committee insert a "slaughter rule" similar to what kids have in little league baseball? If one NFL team is up by say, 30+ points on the other team, should the other team just stop trying to score (i.e., as defined for the purpose of this discussion, "garbage time points)?

I do get the "it sucks" part of your statement, but not the integrity of the game part...points are points, no matter how they're collected in both real games and fantasy games, IMO...

Garbage time points hurts the integrity of fantasy football, but it's part of the game and we all accept it. But it still sucks no matter how you slice it.

"Garbage time points hurts the integrity of the fantasy football"? Really? That may be the most inane thing I've ever read here, and I've been here a long time.