[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody Putting Trust in RGIII for a Championship? LOL

the outlaw

Despite my poor QB play all season, streaming between Cutler and Rivers (and, usually picking the wrong one on any given week), I've somehow managed to make it to my Championship game (a huge THANK YOU and shoutout to Odell Beckham, Jr.!).

Griffin is available as a FA, and definitely has a favorable match-up at home vs. Eagles, who apparently give up the most FPs to opposing QBs, but I just simply don't trust him (or, any of the other honda Redskins for that matter)...

Not asking for roster or start/bench advice, but really just curious as to anyone's thoughts on whether you would actually trust RGIII to rebound and help you win a critical Championship game out of nowhere? I'm leaning towards sticking with what I've got (and, what got me to Week 16), but both Rivers and Cutler are both in such disarray right now, and Rivers has a very tough match-up @ the 'Niners this week...I don't really like any of my options, except maybe "Mr. Conservatie, Game-manager," Alex Smith as a FA! LMAO

I'm considering it. But, my only other option is Geno Smith. :lol:

If I had Rivers or Cutler, I'd start either one over RG3, and wouldn't think twice. OK, maybe I'd think twice with Cutler, but Rivers has much less risk than either of them. In other words, I think Rivers is the safer play, by far. Cutler appears to be disinterested, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get benched at some point. And, RG3 just scares me. Could get benched (again), could get hurt (again), etc. In Week 16, it's not only about picking the best option, but also about picking the safest option. Nobody wants to lose a championship because their guy got hurt/benched. If there is one constant about Rivers, it's that he always plays (and usually puts up decent numbers).

Rivers may have the slightly lower projections this week (depending on where you look), but I'll take the safer play (with slightly lower projections) every time, unless I'm in a position where I have to shoot for the moon.

Just my :2cents:

• Like 1

I hear ya, but in my league's scoring system, here is what Rivers has generated since Week 9:

Week 9 (@ Dolphins) = 0

Week 10 = Bye

Week 11 (vs. Raiders) = 6

Week 12 (vs. Rams) = 9

Week 13 (@ Ravens) = 29

Week 14 (vs. Pats) = 6

Week 15 (vs. Broncos) = 6

In our scoring system, Cutler's #s are significantly better (we get no negative points for turnovers) over that same period of time (mostly due to garbage time scoring), but I 100% agree, at this juncture I believe he has officially "checked-out" for this season, and who can blame him after the negative publicity debacle last week...at least (I think) RGIII may be out to prove something to Gruden...can/will he do it? who knows...

Obviously the matchup is great, but this team is in shambles. PFF thinks RG3 was terrible yesterday, and has been terrible all season.

as do I (think he's been terrible all season, that is)! Was primarliy curious as to what others thought of the situation and match-up...

eagles will pin their ears back and throw everything at rg3 and i do not think he will respond well imho

he did look "marinally" better (but, with the same result) against the Giants last week...he has ZERO pocket presence this year and gets happy feet when there's any pressure whatsoever...it's been really sad to watch, week in and week out (not just RGIII the few weeks he has actually played, but the entire team)...

• Like 1

Despite my poor QB play all season, streaming between Cutler and Rivers (and, usually picking the wrong one on any given week), I've somehow managed to make it to my Championship game (a huge THANK YOU and shoutout to Odell Beckham, Jr.!).

Griffin is available as a FA, and definitely has a favorable match-up at home vs. Eagles, who apparently give up the most FPs to opposing QBs, but I just simply don't trust him (or, any of the other honda Redskins for that matter)...

Not asking for roster or start/bench advice, but really just curious as to anyone's thoughts on whether you would actually trust RGIII to rebound and help you win a critical Championship game out of nowhere? I'm leaning towards sticking with what I've got (and, what got me to Week 16), but both Rivers and Cutler are both in such disarray right now, and Rivers has a very tough match-up @ the 'Niners this week...I don't really like any of my options, except maybe "Mr. Conservatie, Game-manager," Alex Smith as a FA! LMAO

I've been streaming Cutler and Sanchez on two teams and made it to fantasy bowls with both.

I also was kicking around grabbing RGIII off the waiver wire.

My team is strong everywhere else. I might just roll with Sanchez. Washington is terrible against the pass, so Sanchez should do okay...i think.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I've been streaming Cutler and Sanchez and made it to two fantasy bowls with two teams.

I also was kicking around grabbing RGIII off the waiver wire.

My team is strong everywhere else. I might just roll with Sanchez. Washington is terrible against the pass, so Sanchez should do okay...i think.

i can almost assure you that you'll be much better than simply "okay" with Sanchez this week! ;)

Cutler owner and in the championship game, checking in. Don't think I will be rolling with him this week. God he's been awful. Your only bet is garbage time. I might roll the dice with Alex Smith, Tennehill or Orton.

i actuallyjust cut Tennehill to grab Moncrief as insurance for Hilton in the event his hammy decides to regress this week...Tennehill hasn't been much better down the stretch, either...

But, on the topic of RGIII, this was justed on rotoworld...LOL...the organization just can't help themselves from being in the spotlight (and, NOT in a good way)...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii

Is D Jackson playing? This would help

I was thinking either RG3 or lol Mccown. Gbay will score a lot of points and Tbay will be passing alot in the second half. GBay de is not that good.

other options tannehill Flaco.

already lost D Murray lucky I have CJ Anderson on the bench.

Cutler got me to the championship, but with Sanchez sitting out in FA I also thinking about rolling the dice on him. RGIII is there too, but like Cutler I don't have much confidence in him. If I had Rivers I would probably just go with him, but your scoring seems to be completely different than my leagues.

With Orton sucking, Manziel sucking, and Fitzpatrick hurt, it looks like my two options for QB2 will be RG3 and Alex Smith. I'm sure I'll pick the wrong one, my QB2 slot seems to have been cursed since around week 4.

I am considering it heavily. I have Eli and Tannehill. I need large points. RG III to me has a much higher ceiling than both of them.

God help me this is going to be a long couple of days making this decision and then possibly a long off season wondering why I made the wrong one!!

Lot of guys on this topic just had their decision made even easier, as Cutler has been benched in favor of Clausen this week.

I'm looking at RGIII or Flacco this weekend. The loss of Trent Cole for the Eagles only strengthen's the RGIII argument IMHO.