[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Marc Trestman will be fired at the end of the season.

Wolverines Fan

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8340/marc-trestman

CBS Chicago's Dan Bernstein reports Bears coach Marc Trestman is expected to be fired at season's end.

Per Bernstein, GM Phil Emery's fate remains "undecided." Trestman was an exciting coaching prospect after a promising rookie year, but his offense has gone in the tank while his defense has completely gone off the rails.

His offensive coordinator was caught serving as an anonymous source ripping quarterback Jay Cutler. Perhaps Trestman's fate would be different were Cutler playing better, but it's hard to see him getting a third year in the Windy City. Dec 16 - 3:54 PM

Does seem like a total train wreck and the Cutler contract is sure to burn them long term.

Again, it is essentially a 3 year $54 mil contract. There are no guarantees after that. Not saying its nice to be stuck with him for 2 more years, but the contract itself is pretty comparable to other QB contracts recently signed like Flacco and Ryan.

I do not fault Emery for the Cutler contract, I do fault him for Trestman though who has pretty spectacularly lost this team.

Yeah nice job scapegoating. Trestman isn't the issue. His offense is good.

Re-signing of Cutler was unnecessary and pissed me off to no end, and I'll go ahead and say "I told you so".

The defense is a mess and could have been much better had they let Cutler walk and re-signed McCown instead. McCown could have run that offense for a few years and groomed a young QB like Tom Savage or Jimmy Garappolo.

So stupid. I am livid as a Bear fan right now.

But hey, if they want to completely clean house (and that means not just Trestman but the entire front office) and start from scratch, I'm behind that. I'd prefer they kept Trestman and made better front office decisions.

• Like 2

Yeah nice job scapegoating. Trestman isn't the issue. His offense is good.

Re-signing of Cutler was unnecessary and pissed me off to no end, and I'll go ahead and say "I told you so".

The defense is a mess and could have been much better had they let Cutler walk and re-signed McCown instead. McCown could have run that offense for a few years and groomed a young QB like Tom Savage or Jimmy Garappolo.

So stupid. I am livid as a Bear fan right now.

But hey, if they want to completely clean house (and that means not just Trestman but the entire front office) and start from scratch, I'm behind that. I'd prefer they kept Trestman and made better front office decisions.

This

Again, it is essentially a 3 year $54 mil contract. There are no guarantees after that. Not saying its nice to be stuck with him for 2 more years, but the contract itself is pretty comparable to other QB contracts recently signed like Flacco and Ryan.

I do not fault Emery for the Cutler contract, I do fault him for Trestman though who has pretty spectacularly lost this team.

Yes I remember the lengthy discussion here about the contract, but if they're stuck with a QB that is falling apart for 2 more years that could be a major problem.

As for Trestman, his offense was good the first year, but has regressed considerably this year. The offense sure wasn't good last night, looked as bad as some of the 2-3 win teams.

This

The Sausage King will be along to somehow refute this. :rolleyes:

I was on board with the Jared Allen signing. But there were younger/better DEs out there.

But the fact they totally ignored LB was mind-numbing. Karlos Dansby signed with ARI for $2.25M. D.J. Anderson... obviously not the answer. I know they have Peanut Tillman and other good CBs, but there were some nice names on the 2013 FA list.

Awesome names on the safety list too. Totally ignored.

GRR.

well, hopefully the Bears' ownership will be able to learn from their mistakes, unlike the Redskins who have been a total dysfunctional train wreck ever since Joe Gibbs retired the FIRST time...it's been 20+ years and they're stuck in the same rut where they cycle through coaches and front office personnel every 3-4 years in hopes of fnding the "one," all along siging that high-profile free agent who is well past his prime (but, sells a bunch of jerseys during that first year, for Danny boy) and ends up either getting cut (salary cap hit) or retiring...the players who do manage to stick around more than the most current HC, end up having to learn (or, in some cases NOT learn) a new system and it just turns into a never-ending debacle...

so, anyway, not to highjack this Bears thread with my Redskins rant, but I certainly hope (for your fan's sakes) that they can quickly "right the ship" unlike certain "other" organizations...

I was on board with the Jared Allen signing. But there were younger/better DEs out there.

But the fact they totally ignored LB was mind-numbing. Karlos Dansby signed with ARI for $2.25M. D.J. Anderson... obviously not the answer. I know they have Peanut Tillman and other good CBs, but there were some nice names on the 2013 FA list.

GRR.

Minor nitpick, Dansby signed with the Browns 4yr/24mill

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/karlos-dansby/

The Bears sure seemed to ignore the defense after so many years of it being their strength.

Minor nitpick, Dansby signed with the Browns 4yr/24mill

http://www.spotrac.c.../karlos-dansby/

The Bears sure seemed to ignore the defense after so many years of it being their strength.

You're right I was looking at the 2013 FA list where Dansby signed with ARI.

Still, there were some names that really stood out - especially on the defensive side of the ball - that the Bears could have brought in had they let that walking pile of poo go and signed the vet "game manager".

Trestman is the issue first and foremost. The GM as well. Ted Phillips too.

There are so many issues top to bottom here. Signing more old free agents and keeping McCown would have been a different scent of Febreeze being sprayed on this stinking sh!tpile.

The head coach needs to get a team ready to play. He 8s a miserable failure at this. Word on the street is he addresses the team from the back of the room...holds nobody accountable, including his coaches. He never named team captains for the year and left the locker room essentially leaderless.

McCown would have been a disaster as well since you can look at Trestman's past. The historical data does not lie. In the NFL, his system is a major hit and then year 2/3 it is garbage.

Granted they would have had money to spend elsewhere, but if you trust the front office with the money, you need to think this thought out more.

I would have liked to have the Bears start making major changes after the GB debacle and get a pro consultant in to evaluate the mess and build a blueprint to follow.

• Like 2

Trestman definitely needs to go. No doubt about it.

I do however strongly believe that McCown was not the answer. Not even for a few seasons. There is a reason why he was a journeyman QB. He just happened to get hot. I don't think he would've repeated last years success at all this year in Chicago. I know Cutler has looked really bad and maybe he is, but he is a far more talented QB than McCown. Cutler mentally appears to be a train wreck who will never be successful due to lack of toughness. But McCown would have been run out of town by now.

• Like 1

Talent,Talent,Talent.........Said it! Three times? Didn't work? He still sucks? :shrug: Could go Iverson Spin? Were talkin bout Talent man? Talent? Not Brains? Talent? :nono: If it werent for Marhall, the fraud would have been exposed years ago......He is what we call mentally fragile or since this is sort of a family friendly forum.........One big "FELINE"!

Cutler doesn't appear to be the answer, but I sure as heck know Josh McCown wasn't. Although he was the Bears MVP in the Bears/Bucs game this year, despite playing for the Bucs. He's absolutely atrocious.

It will be very interesting to see how the off-season will play out. Trestman is gone for sure (Tresman may have even ruined any chance of being hired as anything above a positional coach after this season) . Emery should be gone, but that remains to be seen. If Emery returns Jay Cutler will be the Bears starting QB and would be working with his 5th OC in 7 years with the Bears. If Emery is gone then it becomes more likely the Bears do whatever they can to get rid of Cutler but still doesn't mean he's gone. Obviously the new GM would get together with whomever the new head coach is to discuss what the plans are for the QB position. It is still very possible that they go with Cutler while trying to find a long term solution to the problem. Although Cutler's place in the organization will go from franchise QB to stop gap QB.

Cutler doesn't appear to be the answer, but I sure as heck know Josh McCown wasn't. Although he was the Bears MVP in the Bears/Bucs game this year, despite playing for the Bucs. He's absolutely atrocious.

It will be very interesting to see how the off-season will play out. Trestman is gone for sure (Tresman may have even ruined any chance of being hired as anything above a positional coach after this season) . Emery should be gone, but that remains to be seen. If Emery returns Jay Cutler will be the Bears starting QB and would be working with his 5th OC in 7 years with the Bears. If Emery is gone then it becomes more likely the Bears do whatever they can to get rid of Cutler but still doesn't mean he's gone. Obviously the new GM would get together with whomever the new head coach is to discuss what the plans are for the QB position. It is still very possible that they go with Cutler while trying to find a long term solution to the problem. Although Cutler's place in the organization will go from franchise QB to stop gap QB.

:lol: I will assume that first paragraph was at least partially directed my way. Never said McCown needed to be the team's MVP. In fact, I intimated quite the opposite. He is/was a game manager, and that's all this offense needs for the most part.

But whatever. We'll never know 'cuz the Bears made the wrong decision and now it's painfully obvious to all.

GRR.

Thats complete trash.

Draft up and get Marcus Mariota...

That offense would be one of the best Mariota's first year...

The DRAFT IS IN CHICAGO!!!!

Do it let alshon and marshall have Mariotta they instantantly turn into a 10-6 team, even with that horrendous D

How was McCown atrocious? He gave Alshon numerous chances to go up and get the ball...

Cutler looks like hes on heroin now...

Put Mariotta in there you idiot Trade 2 1st rounders for him... It's well worth trading this year and next years to get the #1