[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Marc Trestman will be fired at the end of the season.

Wolverines Fan

What I am saying, and have always said, is that McCown should not be judged based what you saw from a handful of games. He's been in the league for a long time. McCown has been dreadful this year in Tampa, which again proves last year was a fluke. He' not a game manager, he's a bad quarterback.

Anyone who thinks the Bears are simply a QB away must not watch the games.

What does that have to do with Mariota? Bears are fine at WR TE and RB the o-line healthy is a good o-line, offensively with mariotta they would win 9 games

That's interesting since you are the ONLY person on the planet saying that Mariota is that great of talent. I know you don't know anything about the NFL or college, but RGIII actually has a great arm and is incredibly fast. Wilson has a good but not great arm and is more quick than fast. The difference between the two? And this is where you have no clue what your talking about so read closely...I'll type slow so you can get it. Wilson works hard and is smart. He can read defenses and understand what to do. Mariota may or may not poses this skill. You don't have to do this in college typically. And this is why so many QB's are drafted and have no NFL career. Mariota is not special. He's no where near Luck, not even close. Running fast and throwing hard are not what make a great NFL QB. EVERYONE sees that Cutler has a great arm and even touch on the ball. Mentally he's a train wreck which is why he struggles. Mariota is not the answer. Giving up 3 years of draft picks will not solve everything for Chicago.

Heisman trophy winning QBs since 2000:

Chris Weinke

Eric Crouch

Carson Palmer

Jason White

Matt Leinart

Troy Smith

Tim Tebow

Sam Bradford

Cam Newton

Robert Griffin III

Johnny Manziel

How many guys on this list have really panned out in the big leagues? (I left out Winston and Mariota since they obviously haven't entered the NFL yet) College production does not equal NFL production, end of story. Mariota has the tools to succeed IMO and doesn't have all the character problems Winston does. I really like him, but the price would still be too high for the Bears to move up and nab him. Unfortunately, they're stuck with Cutler for now. In the meantime, they need to work on that awful defense.

What I am saying, and have always said, is that McCown should not be judged based what you saw from a handful of games. He's been in the league for a long time. McCown has been dreadful this year in Tampa, which again proves last year was a fluke. He' not a game manager, he's a bad quarterback.

Anyone who thinks the Bears are simply a QB away must not watch the games.

I would agree that they are more than a QB away, but IMO they would be much better off if they hadn't signed Cutler. They're NFC north cellar-dwellers as it is, but without Cutler they would at least be cellar-dwellers with more cap room and (most likely) a better spot in the upcoming draft.

that list doesnt mean a thing to me...

check in for forsett

Why does it not mean a thing to you? All those QBs performed extremely well in college, much like Mariota, but how many have become studs in the NFL? History is not on Mariota's side.

Edited by bud29

It was obviously a bad decision to sign Cutler to that contract. The smarter move would have been to franchise tag him and see how it plays out this year. They could have cut their losses after this season and would not be stuck in this position going into the off-season. The Bears are a complete mess right now. We know Trestman is gone along with the entire coaching staff. As of right now Emery would be making the hire for the next head coach. I'm not sure many fans like that idea considering he botched the attempt to hire Bruce Arians and then hired Trestman who has proven to be a disaster as a head coach. The other thing to consider is that Emery and the Bears scouting team have the vast majority of their scouting completed for the upcoming draft. All of the preliminary work is done at this point and it will be used in conjunction with what they learn through the scouting combine and individual workouts. If the Bears do decide to fire Emery they need to act quickly to try and give the new GM enough time to not only put together a coaching staff (keep in mind they need to decide then about Cutler's future with them) but also do their own evaluation on Emery's reports. Their isn't enough time to start from scratch. We also know based off of their recent drafts that Emery's scouting info is suspect at best. If a new GM is hired he will have an uphill battle this off-season.

RGIII has always been trash ive said it from day 1

Your day 1 around here was about two months ago. So, like basically all of you other posts, this is just a bunch of bullhonda.

Back under your bridge!

• Like 1

Please don't hire Rex Ryan. That would be awful for a Packer fan.

Bears hire Ryan, may as well just call them the Chicago Jets.

I've heard Shanahan Sr. mentioned a couple times, which is another mistake in my opinion.

Lots to still play out. Hearing Ted Phillips (President) is getting moved or fired so it looks like a complete front office restructure. The McCaskeys will hopefully do the right thing and get the office arranged and a GM in place before hiring a HC. Would be kinda suprised if they gave Shanahan both responsibilities.

I read something on Sunday about Casserly being brought in by some team to conduct the next coach and/or GM search. May have been SF. I doubt many of the older GMs who are out of work want full time NFL jobs. Mostly its 2nd/3rd tear front office guys being given their first try (like we see many college HC and NFL assistants moving up to be NFL coaches).

The Bears have hired Ernie Accorsi to consult on their search for a new gm.

http://profootballta...tting-on-staff/

Anybody know anything about Accorsi?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

He was GM of the Browns at one time (80s when they drafted Kosar), Colts before that, Giants after. Lots of info available, including this (not sure how accurate)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Accorsi

He's a bump above "meh", IMO.

Had some good success with the Giants. Drafted well (Tuck, Umenyiora) and was successful in FA (Pierce, Burress) and masterminded the whole Eli Manning / San Diego thing.

He's worked with the Panthers as a consultant but not sure what exactly he's been responsible for.

All in all a pretty good name, I suppose. We'll see. If nothing else he has a good track record in terms of drafting and bringing in defensive talent, something the Bears desperately need.

D you did catch that they are bringing Accorsi in to consult on the search and not as the GM, right?

Yes, but I would assume that he recommends someone that fits his line of thinking... which would hopefully result in improvements to the defense. We shall see.