[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we meet again...RTS championship

Henry Muto

As some of you know I pulled out a miracle in 2012 and won $110,000 finishing in 1st and 4th place in the NFFC. I never thought I would have another shot to win big money again but here I stand in 6th and 12th place in the RTS contest for $200,000. In many ways my 6th place team is mirroring that 2012 team. In 2012 I lost Gronk to injury my 2nd round pick this year I lost Julio to injury and I pray he makes it back as my replacement only scored 6 pts for him this week. In 2012 I made a mistake playing the wrong kicker in week 15 and it cost me 14.3 pts and I trailed by 18 pts going into the final week. This year I played Mason over P-Thomas and M-Bryant over Kelce (in place of Julio) costing me 22 pts and costing me 1st place as I stand 17 points back right now.

My 12th place team is amazing in the fact I took Peterson in the 1st round and I lost Newton last week and was forced to play Kaepernick at Seattle. Now I lose maybe Murray so that would be too much to over come.

My 6th place team line up looks something like this

Cutler

Foster

Mason (Apparently everyone is on Mason this week)

Dez

Julio (I pray)

Beckham (what a god)

Sanders

Gronkowski

Gostkowski

Philly DF (Thank god I didn't play NE DF would lost by 0.57)

Losing the $200,000 by less than 22 would hurt but what can you do.

May the gods be with me.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Like 1

You have got to be kidding me...Cutler benched and my back up QB is Newton...so this is how it ends ? I have to pray that Carolina still being in the playoff race has them play Newton otherwise I have no QB there are no waivers in the playoffs.

You have got to be kidding me...Cutler benched and my back up QB is Newton...so this is how it ends ? I have to pray that Carolina still being in the playoff race has them play Newton otherwise I have no QB there are no waivers in the playoffs.

Bummer. :unsure:

• Like 1

It looks like Newton is going to play this week. So you may still have a shot.

• Like 1

Newton playing is a gift from the gods. Now need another gift in Julio if no Julio I lean toward Kelce the guy I should played last week and I would been in 2nd place. I looked back at the draft where I owned the 10 slot...I started Dez/Julio/Gronk/Foster/Sanders.......at the 3.8 is where Le'Veon Bell went...and I had the 3.10...if Bell had fallen to me and I took him and did not get Gronk I would be 40 pts ahead of the field in 1st place.

Newton playing is a gift from the gods. Now need another gift in Julio if no Julio I lean toward Kelce the guy I should played last week and I would been in 2nd place. I looked back at the draft where I owned the 10 slot...I started Dez/Julio/Gronk/Foster/Sanders.......at the 3.8 is where Le'Veon Bell went...and I had the 3.10...if Bell had fallen to me and I took him and did not get Gronk I would be 40 pts ahead of the field in 1st place.

I can't believe Gronk fell to the late 3rd in a Fantasy Championship draft. I also watch Bell go 2 picks before my 3rd and then I took Stacy...ugh.

How many FC teams did you draft Henry? I had one team and drafted from the 11 spot. I took AJ Green and Marshall so combined with Stacy that should tell you how my team did.

This was my first year doing any sort of large field high stakes league. It's been a learning experience for sure. No trading makes it hard to fix bad early draft picks.

• Like 1

I can't believe Gronk fell to the late 3rd in a Fantasy Championship draft. I also watch Bell go 2 picks before my 3rd and then I took Stacy...ugh.

How many FC teams did you draft Henry? I had one team and drafted from the 11 spot. I took AJ Green and Marshall so combined with Stacy that should tell you how my team did.

This was my first year doing any sort of large field high stakes league. It's been a learning experience for sure. No trading makes it hard to fix bad early draft picks.

For the high stakes league, in addition to ideally hitting on most of your early picks and a few gems later on, the strategy of who and how much to bid on is hugh. Spend big on what looks like an early season find only to have them fizzle out could hamstring you down the road when trying to replace injured players, etc., but not going after the guy that ends up staying strong all season long also burns you.

• Like 1

I did 12 total teams. I did 5 teams myself and 7 with teammates. While it is very difficult to do drafts/waivers/lineups for an entire season with teammates as it is always hard to agree and split up the work I find that winning/losing a big contest is better when sharing that epic win/loss with a teammate. My teams that are ranked 6th and 12th overall are both with teammates this year.

Ironically I also own a 2nd place team in the consolation round just 0.2 pts out of 1st with one of my other teams that I started 1-6 this year I ended up finishing 6-6 just missing the playoffs by 1 game a game I lost by 0.15 back in week 7 when I feel to 1-6 but at the time I thought who cares because I was 1-6 well this shows you every game matters until you are mathematically out because had I won that game I would now have a 3rd team in the top 15 overall. Ironically though I may actually make more money as I would stand to cash $4,000 for 2nd in the consolation where as 15th in the championship round pays like $1,100.

I lost both Julio and Marshall on that team so it will be tough to win that consolation round.

I also have an NFFC team that sits 1st in the consolation round as well I am 12 pts ahead but again have Julio so that that hurts. Also this team went 10-3 but missed the playoffs I lost a week 9 game by 0.8 with 8 guys on a bye and a few weeks later I lost track of time missed picking up CJ Anderson by 3 seconds as I got my $222 bid in on him in time but not the drop player and the guy who tied me at 10-3 beat me on total pts which I would won if I had CJ and so instead of me also vying for that $100,000 prize I won in 2012 as I would have sat in 5th place going into this week I stand 1st instead in the consolation. That will sit with me for a long time should I end up with what would have been a win so hoping to win the consolation round yet not enough to where I would have finished in the top 4 of the championship round.

My 12th place team looks done with Murray hurt and Hilton hurt.

Gronk going in the 3rd was pretty common remember a lot of people didn't want this guy he was coming off ACL. Sure wish I had got Bell over Gronk though would be sitting in 1st by 40 pts.

Edited by Henry Muto

Well not off to a good start played Cam Newton over Kaepernick on my 12th place team not 1 single site I looked at had Kaerpernick higher most had him in the 20-25 range. Charch show had him as a sit as well. I had him in the lineup until 20 minutes before the game cost me 30.8 pts I swear if I never looked at rankings I would be better off. They always screw my mind up and cause me to change my line up.

The 6th place team I went Philly DF over NE that was my teammate's call I wanted NE I have a teammate on that team. Got 6 pts who knows what happens with NE.

So as of now the 12th place team lost Hilton and Edelman but had Gates tonight.

6th place line up coming into the week

Newton

Foster

Mason

Dez

Julio

Beckham

Sanders

Gronkowski

Gostkowski

Phil DF

12th place team coming into the week

Newton

D-Murray

Hill

L-Murray

G-Tate

A-Johnson

Gronkowski

Gates

M-Bryant

Detroit

Well not off to a good start played Cam Newton over Kaepernick on my 12th place team not 1 single site I looked at had Kaerpernick higher most had him in the 20-25 range. Charch show had him as a sit as well. I had him in the lineup until 20 minutes before the game cost me 30.8 pts I swear if I never looked at rankings I would be better off. They always screw my mind up and cause me to change my line up.

The 6th place team I went Philly DF over NE that was my teammate's call I wanted NE I have a teammate on that team. Got 6 pts who knows what happens with NE.

So as of now the 12th place team lost Hilton and Edelman but had Gates tonight.

6th place line up coming into the week

Newton

Foster

Mason

Dez

Julio

Beckham

Sanders

Gronkowski

Gostkowski

Phil DF

12th place team coming into the week