[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So..am I crazy if I start RG3 over Stafford in the finals?

vi29

Yep you heard me. I like RG3's upside. He needs to play well to prove himself to the Skins (and other interested teams if he walks this offseason). His supporting cast is healthy, and the Eagles suck big time on pass D.

Stafford is infuriatingly up and down. He almost cost me my semifinal with that stinker of a game. What say y'all? Would you gamble with RG3 playing a solid game for a change? Help appreciated :)

IMO you're overthinking it. Start Stafford. Plus, it's the Bears--opposing QBs have absolute field days against them.

Edit: I hope I'm wrong, however, since my opponent in the finals this week is starting Stafford :D

Edited by Zeus69

Yea I mean Stafford is penciled in as my starter at the moment. Here is my counter-logic to him in detail

1) Bears are playing at home. Stafford typically struggles in away games in cold weather for the most part. Plus Bears suck with Clausen at QB meaning that Joique Bell will be asked to run out the clock if Lions have a big lead.

2) Skins playing at home. Griffin was good last week. He's running the ball. Redskins always trouble the Eagles. Eagles score a ton of points, meaning Griffin will be a garbage time hero and sling the ball around.

But you are right, probably over-thinking it. I'm just really annoyed by Stafford, not that Griffin is any more predictable but kinda want a change haha.

Definitely good thoughts though and RG3 could surgery outscore Stafford this week but I don't like the odds.

i agree that you are tinkering too much. i get that RG may be able to expose the eagles D, and D-Jax is going to get a deep ball for a TD, but the weather forecast in the windy city is showing dry and 40 degrees. stafford is the way to go. the bears are a mess right now

Man oh man, logical way is certainly Stafford. You would think with Megatron and Golden Tate he would produce more. I mean seriously, that's pretty much like Rodgers having Nelson and Cobb. It's just this Bob Griffin's running ability is tantalizing :(

RG3 may have not totally sucked last week, but I'm betting part of that was due to a lack of game plan against him. He came in and replaced McCoy, played decent, and the opposing D just hadn't done their homework on him. He'll be back to his normal suckage this week vs. a D that's expecting him.

I'm a Redskins fan and I've watched RG3 suck it up all year but last week, he showed flashes of the RG3 that we traded all those draft picks for, and the RG3 that took us to the playoffs. It gave me hope and I TRUELY believe if they give him an offensive line, he WILL be the franchise QB we all envisioned him to be. Idk about starting him this week against a good eagles Defensive line, i think I'd definitely go Stafford against the bears, he had a good game against them on Thanksgiving, expect a repeat of that in this one.

I have had fought QB position all year. Waited for a QB late in the draft. 7th round got rg3 then came back later and got Carson Palmer. That being said you know what I went through. Lol picked Alex smith up and been playing match ups all season as I always do. Have rg3 in now but idk if I should leave it. Both have good matches. I have TY in question and could replace with Pierre Garçon, which gives me a hook up. Saturday game doesn't give me much time to decide. I believe Alex is a safer play. Last week in my league Alex had 6 pts over rg3 I just think Grif has up side hear. I am in striking distance of championship. Help