[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Let it go"

whomper

Did any of you that got eliminated in your first round watch your team, that is no longer in the playoffs, go nuts in the 2nd rd ? I would have crushed the 2 seed last week. Sorry in advance for putting the song Let it go in all of the dads that have daughters heads

• Like 2

In my local, I lost in Week 14 to the team that put up the 3rd highest score all year. My score would have taken the weekly skin (for high score) in 9 of the previous 13 weeks. It was also 40 points higher than any of the 4 scores in Week 15. I have a feeling it will be higher than either of the final scores, as well, so I'll likely end the season knowing that my playoff score (the only one that mattered) was the 2nd highest of the entire playoffs. Oh well.... You can't win them all, I suppose.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Missed playoffs but week 15 crushed it and outscored all the playoff teams. That was without swapping my defence out as well (had Vikings left in from the week before and would have picked up another DST off WW if I was still in it).

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

Lost in first round of playoffs this past week after finishing the season on a 7 game win streak. Opponent and I both posted our worst weekly points total respectively and I lost by 9.something, an amount that would have been covered had I made either of the 2 moves I was contemplating for the same WR position...this week is the 3rd place game and some money is still on the line, but I'm mostly meh about it...was going for repeat title and wanted much that bragging right! Was even going to buy a FF Championship belt a la WWF for it!

My long time arch rival was the highest scoring team in the league but missed the playoffs with a 7-6 record - so he is in the toilet bowl. His team scored the most points the first week of the playoffs (of all teams playoffs and toiletbowl) so he immediately started crowing about how he would have won the superbowl if only his team would have made the playoffs.

Last week my team scored the most points which prompted a call from him inquiring if his team would have played my team had he been in the playoffs ... or would he be meeting me in the superbowl. I had to laugh. As it turns out he would have been playing me and would have lost. So no matter how he slices it the superbowl was just not his destiny this year. Told him to quit whining with his 3rd highest score (out of 4) this week in the toilet bowl especially since he STILL managed to advance to the final toilet bowl game.

In my main local, the points championship runs through the playoff's too - that way we all "can" stay active if we want..

That's a great idea.... I should do that next year in my league.

Did any of you that got eliminated in your first round watch your team, that is no longer in the playoffs, go nuts in the 2nd rd ? I would have crushed the 2 seed last week. Sorry in advance for putting the song Let it go in all of the dads that have daughters heads

I had a bye in the one league so last week was my first game...what was crushing was that I would have beat everyone except the one guy I played. As for the other league that I moved on to last week in...same thing, would have beat everyone except who I faced :bash:

Oh and putting up your worst score of the year in the semis is fun too.

Edited by keggerz

I won my first round on the back of Rodgers after being down by 40 pts. two weeks ago, but this last week I put up my lowest point total of the entire season... to the 6th seeds highest point total of the year. Completely blown out by over 80 pts. in a standard scoring league. Now playing for 3rd... why is it that my fantasy team has to closely mirror my real life team... :kicksrock: well, maybe not so much recently.

Do you wanna build a snowman? And Gopher its only stupid if you cant see it in the joy of your 3 year old daughters eyes... Good luck with whatever issue you have with a cartoon musical that brings joy to my daughter and millions of others :shrug:

I am with Gopher. I don;t care how good that movie was or how much it touched your kids (my kids a re little out of the Frozen age range) THAT SONG is like nails on the chalkboard now. Not the movie, the song. It is everywhere. And it is now in my head. And not the whole song, just those lines.

For those old enough to live through it, it was like Titanic. Great movie but the "My Heart Will Go ON' song by Ceiline Dion was everywhere for over a year.

Do you wanna build a snowman? And Gopher its only stupid if you cant see it in the joy of your 3 year old daughters eyes... Good luck with whatever issue you have with a cartoon musical that brings joy to my daughter and millions of others :shrug:

The movie is one that I'll never forget, if for no other reason than it was the first movie that my wife and I took our 4YO (3 at the time) daughter to, in a theatre. So, yes, I can appreciate the joy that it brings/brought to kids, including my daughter. She loved it (and I actually thought the movie was pretty good myself, at least as good as an animated kids movie can be), and she has all of the Anna/Elsa dolls, dresses (for her and the dolls), several sticker books, etc. But, even my daughter is over the song, and for the most part, the rest of it as well.

Like Wpob said, some songs just stick around longer than others, and after a while, most people get tired of hearing them. All I was saying is that I can't hear that phrase... by itself, in a sentence, etc. without thinking of the song. It's actually kind of funny, but at the same time, can drive a person a bit crazy (when they can't get it out of their head).

I got wiped out in two leagues. One has a 3rd place for money so I am still trying in that one. The other has a third place that yields nothing so I am hoping to lose for a better draft spot next year. Last week I was one of those teams that everyone else was thinking they could have beaten.