[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last minute WR advice Championship game

MikeFL25

Hey all, my lineup is:

RB: Charles, Foster

WR: Julio, Green

Flex: Ingram

It looks like Julio is going to play, but he hasn't practiced at all this week which could mean that he will be limited during the game and the coaches/Matt Ryan might not take many risks and push for him to get the ball.

Alshon is good to go, but faces a tough matchup against the Detroit defense.

What do I do here?

I'm also debating myself what to do with Alshon this week, since it's a tough matchup AND he's got a huge ?? at QB. Alshon is the only real receiver for CHI right now, which could mean a lot of double-coverage against a stout pass defense...

All week the talk has been that Julio's been on the doubtful side, and now it's reported that the injury is an oblique injury. If he does play, the danger for fantasy is that he could be a decoy. Definitely check back in around noon to see if there's any update on Julio.

If I had to make a choice based on what I know right now, I might lean Alshon, just for volume of work. I just can't imagine Julio being 100% even if he does play.

Thanks, yeah that was my thought process as well. Alshon will get more opportunities, but the Bears QB situation is a mess and Detroit's defense doesn't mess around.

Julio has the better matchup, but will surely be limited and as you say, might be used to free up White or some other WRs.

As a secondary question, I am also playing for the championship in my work league. Out of these 4 WRs, which two would you start?

Roddy White, Brandon LaFell, Josh Gordon and Sammy Watkins.

Hmm. With Julio active, White's production is anyone's guess...but his recent track record is very good, and they'll probably be in a shootout with the Saints. LaFell should get lots of looks, with Edelman out. Gordon is worthless to me with Manziel at QB. Watkins is a clear #1 playing against an atrocious defense, but has produced next to nothing 5 out of his last 6 games.

I think White and LaFell is how I'd go, maybe sticking Watkins in there for LaFell if you really need a home-run...but I'm not as high on Watkins with Orton at QB.