[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Trade

Hingle

I am looking to acquire Julio in one of my dynasties and I have the following offer on the table.

I give: Benjamin, 2015 1st, 2016 1st

I get: Julio, and Beasley

Is this an easy yes? Should I try and sub in Ball instead of Beasley?

If you're going all in for the next year or two, then yes. But only if Julio is the final peice you need to be a serious contender. If your team has holes, your mortgaging the future for an upgrade you don't need yet. There is a lot of risk in this deal too. in 2-3 years Benjamin could very well be the more valuable player, and it could even be sooner

It all depends IMO on how you draft. In my league you only keep starting lineups, the draft is rookies and the bums that didn't start. So our draft picks are moderately to not important. I don't think beasly is a weekly started as bell is. I'd try to get Julio in my league fur sure, he will be top 5-10 wr for a long time

It all depends IMO on how you draft. In my league you only keep starting lineups, the draft is rookies and the bums that didn't start. So our draft picks are moderately to not important. I don't think beasly is a weekly started as bell is. I'd try to get Julio in my league fur sure, he will be top 5-10 wr for a long time

My dynasty League is the same way, all the draft is, is the upcoming years' rookies, but remember guys like OBJ, Jeremy Hill, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins, Tre Mason, CJ Anderson among others were rookies this year and a 1st round pick gives you the opportunity to draft impact rookies like those guys were. This years draft has good players in it, ex. Melvin Gordon, Amari Cooper, Todd Gurley, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston among others I can't think of at the moment, so you'd be giving up the opportunity to draft a guy like that if you have a decent 1st round pick this year. But all that being said, i think you make the trade Julio is gonna be a top 5 WR for the next 5 years easily, especially when Matt Ryan has a healthy line next year. I think you make the trade without a doubt.

in 2-3 years Benjamin could very well be the more valuable player, and it could even be sooner

Benjamin's future is certainly bright, but more valuable in 2-3 years? You do realize Julio is 25 right? He's got 6-7 more years of top 5 WR status before you need to worry about his future. Benjamin is a top 20 WR, but his future isn't as great as Julio's is.

My bad, I thought Julio was 28. Still, Megatron is only 29 and is slowing down, the window of prime production is small for nfl players. Also, your right about it being unlikely that Benjamin ever gets to the level that Julio is on, I should have worded that better. I just feel that as far as fantasy production goes, the difference between the two averaged out is not big enough to trade the future of your team away if he isn't the piece you need to put you over the top. If you are strong every where else and weak at wr, then absolutely do this. But I would rather have a balanced team with a top 20 wr than a top 5 wr on a team with holes in it. As in if your team would be terrible if Julio gets hurt, you might be giving up a first overall pick if he gets injured. I'm just trying to preach caution.

The owner actually revoked the trade. I don't think anything can get the deal done at this point. I will continue on with what I have and hope to land a solid prospect in the draft. I have the 1.05 so there will still be talent.