[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leveon Bell down

CaptainHook

Thankfully I won my league last weekend, but in this league the champ plays the winner of the loser's bracket on week 17 for $100. Thanks to that injury, I lost my game by 0.25 points... in other words, a 3 yard carry would have won it for me. All other players had already played. Would have been a ho hum no brainer victory had the injury not occurred. :bash:

Thankfully I won my league last weekend, but in this league the champ plays the winner of the loser's bracket on week 17 for $100. Thanks to that injury, I lost my game by 0.25 points... in other words, a 3 yard carry would have won it for me. All other players had already played. Would have been a ho hum no brainer victory had the injury not occurred. :bash:

Fail

Losing Bell would destroy the Steelers playoff hopes. Their passing game is awesome, but probably would be much less so without LB in the backfield. If the Steelers could cover anyone they'd be a threat in the AFC, but that secondary blows.

haha, yes, but I did win the one that counted thankfully.

I was referring to the fact that a human being had just gotten his knee crushed, perhaps his livelihood jeopardized, a key player btw on your homer team, as they prepare for a playoff push...

and your only lamentation is over 100 bucks.

I say again - fail.

• Like 3

Oh believe me, the $100 is CERTAINLY not my only concern. I have been a Steelers fan for 45 years and I'd gladly give up the $100 if it meant the Steelers would have a healthy Bell for the playoffs. With him, I think the Steelers have a decent chance at making another nice run for the title, and Bell seems like a good kid and I hate to see injuries to anyone. They seem to be much more frequent than the past, imo, because the elite athlete of today is so much bigger and faster than ever before.

My original post was not a comet on the injury itself, but meant as a funny anecdote resulting from the injury a bad time for my team. My apologies I it looked lie I had no concern for Bell, that is not the case. Now if the fail was in reference to my team, coming up short on that day, I totally agree.

Additionally, it looks like a routine hyper extension, not the devastating injury that you talked about.

Edited by DiehardSteeler

Tate will be emergency only, dude got cut by 2 teams... I think Josh Harris actually looked decent, and he knows the offense. If Bell misses the game I predict Harris will be 1st, 2nd and short yardage back while Archer is the 3rd down/passing down back. Best case for Tate, he is the short yardage back... don't need to know a lot to plow straight ahead. It will only be for 1 game at most anyway, Bell will be back to face Denver. I wouldn't risk playing him this week, we can beat Baltimore without him, but not Denver.