[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No topic on that "On Side Punt"?

tazinib1

After the safety they chose to punt. Then they attempted and executed an On Side Punt. That was a first for me. I have never seen that, let alone recovering it. I don't even think dude did either and called for a "fair catch" lol.

Edited by tazinib1

no idea what game you are talking about but if that happened the refs probably botched the call. Without checking the rules, I'm fairly certain that the kicking team is not allowed to recover the ball on a free kick (post safety) unless it's muffed or fumbled on the return.

It doesn't have to be muffed for the kicking team to recover. However, the receiving team may fair catch it per any other free kick (kickoff). Yesterday's fair catch wasn't signaled by anyone making a play for the ball though - I saw Cobb about 15 yards back signal, but he couldn't get to it.

It doesn't have to be muffed for the kicking team to recover. However, the receiving team may fair catch it per any other free kick (kickoff). Yesterday's fair catch wasn't signaled by anyone making a play for the ball though - I saw Cobb about 15 yards back signal, but he couldn't get to it.

The video in the link I provided shows both 38 and 87 wave for it and they were closer to where it hit than Cobb. Your video had them cut off the screen that isn't easy to see. Not sure what the fair catch signal matters, unless they were interfered with.

Was a strange play for sure.